RSports Baseball

1,201 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TXAggie2011
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
An old HS classmate of mine posted this on my timeline today, apparently these guys are a client of hers, but figured some of you guys here might be interested

http://www.rsportsbaseball.com/#!/

I haven't done any research on how it works, because I don't have the time to do it.
mhayden
I've read it 3 times and still not really sure how they are any different than other fantasy baseball leagues aside from including actual front office aspects. It keeps talking about how it uses real player statistics and not simulations... I thought every fantasy baseball concept did that?

And just too...many...buzzwords...

"game changer"

"disrupting the market"

"scale our user base"

"The RSports concept is the only method in the fantasy sports space that delivers 100% statistical accuracy.".... "In fact, our statistical model in the 2017 MLB season duplicated the same outcomes, values, and stats as MLB by a 2 percent margin of error."

But Diane Smith, a rSpors [sic] Shareholder summed it up best - ""It's virtual reality without the goggles!"

TXAggie2011
AG
Including front office responsibilities from the amateur draft to the Rule V draft to arbitration to 40 and 25 man roster management and allowing multiple people to run an organization is no small difference from fantasy baseball.

Seems like a fun program---basically running an entire baseball organization---but one that I would never have time for.

I would like to see views of the user interfaces and statistical tools available. I assume the analysis tools are quite a bit more in depth than you'd find on a typical fantasy baseball interface.

It sounds like they have a sophisticated saber metric system but their description is vague.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.