Fastball on Netflix

1,922 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jackie childs
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Searched but didn't see a separate thread in this, but due to some mentions in the Astro thread I checked it out. Really enjoyed it - especially since a few of my all time favorite players were interviewed - George Brett, Mike Schmidt, Verlander and Nolan Ryan.
JABQ04
AG
Great show. Also check out the Battered Basterds of Baseball on their too.
titanmaster_race
phenomenal documentary
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Love that documentary. Feel bad for Steve Dalkowski every time I watch it. Love that Nolan is still likely the reigning speed champ though.
bigcat22
AG
Great documentary
astros4545
AG
I was born 100 years too late

I woulda smashed Walter Johnson and his 83 mph fastball
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I couldn't remember but his Wikipedia page says he was clocked at 91 at the munitions factory. Wasn't that the one where he was throwing through two fine mesh screens 15 feet apart the first of which was where the plate would be? I can't remember what his adjusted number was though.
Dallasag02
AG
Yeah, i thought they ultimately said it was faster than 83 and that the method they used was inaccurate? Maybe i need to watch again.
jackie childs
Dallasag02 said:

Yeah, i thought they ultimately said it was faster than 83 and that the method they used was inaccurate? Maybe i need to watch again.
finally got around to watching this and really enjoyed it.

and yes, once they made the adjustments, Walter Johnson's 83mph fastball jumped to about 94mph.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.