May 14, 2017

2 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by byfLuger41
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think this is the date the Astros really started to believe they were special. This was against the Yankees on Derek Jeter night and I think two of our critical pieces really started to believe in themselves.

Charlie Morton started the game and struck out 7 of the first 8 batters (granted, one of them was Chris Carter...but still). I think Charlie really started to believe in himself this game and his stuff looked electric. McCann said recently that Morton's stuff is the best he's ever seen.

Alex Bregman hits a grand slam against Tanaka in the first and up until that point he had been slumping a bit in the first half of the season and he proved he could hit in one of the biggest stages with all of the NY media watching.
BarryProfit
That was Bregmans first homer of the season, he was last of the regulars to homer IIRC.
aggiederelict
It is funny you mention this game because I have been thinking about this performance for months now. I don't get Astros games here in Austin but that was a national broadcast.

I remember texting my friend saying this was the best Astros team I have ever seen. I remember Uncle Charlie just dealing. It was that game I believed the Astros could win the WS.
agsquirrel97
AG
I can't believe that was in May, seems like a couple months ago.

I was pumped when we knocked Severino out of day game early and so disappointed our BP stunk it up. But the guys were resilient and bounced back in the night game on the national stage.

had a playoff feel with national audience and Jeter night.
jckrjr7
AG
Played 27 holes of golf and listened to the Astros all day.
astros4545
AG
I was at the games Thurs/Fri that weekend, and the Saturday game got cancelled

FLew back Sunday morning,

was a great 2-0 weekend

Game 1 _ Marisnick walk off throw out at the plate
Game 2 _ McCann 3 run bomb in 6th upper tank to win like 4-0
byfLuger41
AG
Jeter night? More like DP night!
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
BowSowy
AG
You're odd, dude.
byfLuger41
AG
Indeed.
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.