How much did Yu hurt his market value with his WS performance?

1,895 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AustinAg2K
Aggie_Eric98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just don't see him as a TOTRP, maybe I am skewed by his performance as a Ranger. He has the stuff when he is on, but he seems to have a mental issue.

The Rangers, much like with CJ WIlson, seem to have let him go at the right point instead of overpaying for him to stay.
astros4545
AG
His daddy was giving out free spankings this week

Open your eyes
Ag_07
AG
I don't think it did. I think it should but I don't think it changes much in the eyes of teams looking to sign him.

Lots of pitchers don't fare well in the playoffs and that doesn't change much. Hell Kershaw blows in the playoffs and he's got a hefty contract.
Furlock Bones
AG
Don't think it hurt him. There was enough chatter from both teams about slick balls. It clearly affected guys who rely on a lot of different spin like Darvish.
Farmer1906
AG
He was tipping his pitches. Astros knew it and took advantage.

He'll be fine. He's still a top 25 starter in baseball.
Farmer1906
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
I could see the Astros signing him to take Gregerson's place in the bullpen.
Schrute
Eduardo Perez on Mike & Mike said that Yu was definitely tipping his pitches and gave a great of explanation of how. He also said the Astros knew it and used it.
Ecce Homo
Even if he wasn't tipping his pitches; he was throwing cement mixers belt high.
tremble
AG
I'll be curious to see what the inevitable "slick ball" testing shows once some materials experts and baseball folks get their hands on them.

Apparently the ALDS balls were different too because the Indians complained about them in their series against the Yankees.

Giles has been shaky at times this year but he was dreadful in the postseason. Same with Yu, and both those guys live off their sliders.
TXAggie2011
AG
Not very much, if anything at all.

He might not make $27 million a year but it won't be because of the World Series.

(And I'm not sure the Rangers have let go yet, they seem to want to sign him. But we'll see.)
Ag_07
AG
I don't get the big hoopla about the slick balls.

WGAF?

Both teams were playing with the same balls.
Carlo4
AG
astros4545 said:

Open your eyes

And prior to WS, Darvish was 7-1 with a 1.5 ERA and 2 near perfect games against the astros.

Darvish failed miserably/Astros dominated and won the WS but Darvish owned them for 4 years until last week.
TXAggie2011
AG
Ag_07 said:

I don't get the big hoopla about the slick balls.

WGAF?

Both teams were playing with the same balls.
I don't think the hoopla is about one team having an advantage vs another, but how to judge some of these performances we saw from guys on a number of teams.
Carlo4
AG
Farmer1906 said:

He was tipping his pitches. Astros knew it and took advantage.

He'll be fine. He's still a top 25 starter in baseball.
astros4545
AG
PDEMDHC said:

astros4545 said:

Open your eyes

And prior to WS, Darvish was 7-1 with a 1.5 ERA and 2 near perfect games against the astros.

Darvish failed miserably/Astros dominated and won the WS but Darvish owned them for 4 years until last week.

AustinAg2K
tremble said:

I'll be curious to see what the inevitable "slick ball" testing shows once some materials experts and baseball folks get their hands on them.

Apparently the ALDS balls were different too because the Indians complained about them in their series against the Yankees.

Giles has been shaky at times this year but he was dreadful in the postseason. Same with Yu, and both those guys live off their sliders.
I believe the Diamonbacks (or maybe it was the Cubs) also complained early on.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.