Dallas Astros Fans

6,357 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by screw-tu
austin08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Where are y'all watching the game tomorrow night? I'm debating watching game 6 at a bar somewhere in the Addison area.
AustinAg2K
I'll be in my house eating my kids' Halloween candy.
Prosperdick
AG
Throwing candy at rain soaked kids and running back to the living room.
Goose
AG
Neighborhood Halloween party for us. I will be dressing as the Dilly Dilly guy from the Bud Light commercial though, so a bit of a nod to the Astros thread in that regard.
iBrad
AG
Hoping to get some early trick or treating done with the kiddos (weather permitting) and get back home in time for the first pitch. Then it's beer and candy on the couch.
BassCowboy33
Living in the Dallas area, I've been surprised at how man Rangers fans are rooting for the Astros. The old good feelings from their decades spent in different leagues apparently hasn't been completely wiped out by the burgeoning rivalry.
iBrad
AG
I've experienced the exact opposite.
Street_Cred_Norm
Unfortunately bass is correct. Way too many Ranger fans on Facebook are cheering for the assblows. F that.
Muy
AG
Street_Cred_Norm said:

Unfortunately bass is correct. Way too many Ranger fans on Facebook are cheering for the assblows. F that.

Go Dodgers
Carlo4
AG
Street_Cred_Norm said:

Until the leagues merged, I was a great fan of both teams. Saw 50 or so games while at A&M back in 2000-2004.

I love Darvish, but this is a great Astros bunch. The younger the person, odds are they hate the Astros. Pass a certain age and everyone is rooting for the Texas team to win.

But your moaning is hilarious. Houston winning would be great, but to see you sulk in tears would be equally great.
FriscoKid
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Living in the Dallas area, I've been surprised at how man Rangers fans are rooting for the Astros. The old good feelings from their decades spent in different leagues apparently hasn't been completely wiped out by the burgeoning rivalry.

It's pretty one sided IMO. I don't think many metroplex people think twice about Houston generally.
austin08
S
FriscoKid said:

BassCowboy33 said:

It's pretty one sided IMO. I don't think many metroplex people think twice about Houston generally.
Agreed
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
FriscoKid said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Agreed. I've had just a very very few people (maybe 5 in a week+) even ask me if I was watching/interested/excited to which I generally replied "what?"...then realizing what they are talking about i say "no, why would I be?"

My wife who never watches sports did ask me if I was wanting Houston to win...I said hell no.

Haven't watched a second of it.

No different than any other WS where I don't care about the teams. I've only watched the Rangers or Royals WS in the last 15-20 years.

Haven't seen a single person wearing anything Stros in Dallas...until I flew thru Houston Hobby the other day I had not seen any at all. The SW pilot made mention of it on the inbound flight from Dallas too....there was hardly even a response at all.
agsalaska
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Street_Cred_Norm said:

Until the leagues merged, I was a great fan of both teams. Saw 50 or so games while at A&M back in 2000-2004.

I love Darvish, but this is a great Astros bunch. The younger the person, odds are they hate the Astros. Pass a certain age and everyone is rooting for the Texas team to win.

But your moaning is hilarious. Houston winning would be great, but to see you sulk in tears would be equally great.

Yep. I grew up with both teams pre interleague. I grew up in Fort Worth but spent 7 years post A&M in Houston and have always loved the Astros.

Go astros!!!

And-edit-tell me again-why should Ranger fans be rooting against the Astros in the World Series? This ain't Cowboys-Redskins.
AgsWin2011
AG
Funny how Houston fans hate everything DFW and always speak ill of the Metroplex. For that reason I'm hoping for a Dodgers win. But like always, the teams I root for lose. Its tough being an Aggie, Cowboys, and Rangers fan.
russ05
AG
Heismenberg said:

Funny how Houston fans hate everything DFW and always speak ill of the Metroplex. For that reason I'm hoping for a Dodgers win. But like always, the teams I root for lose. Its tough being an Aggie, Cowboys, and Rangers fan.

I've always felt it was the opposite. Except maybe with the Cowboys. When I lived in Houston, I don't remember ever hearing much talk about Dallas. Dallas people, at least sports talk, absolutely hate Houston.

That said, I've been surprised at the number of rangers fans rooting for the Astros. Or at least they tell me they are.
CampingAg
AG
Rangers fan pulling for HOU. I remember how I felt after 2011, and don't wish that upon my many friends who are Stros fans.
Liquid Wrench
Heismenberg said:

Awwww.....
irish pete ag06
AG
BernArnold said:

FriscoKid said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Agreed. I've had just a very very few people (maybe 5 in a week+) even ask me if I was watching/interested/excited to which I generally replied "what?"...then realizing what they are talking about i say "no, why would I be?"

My wife who never watches sports did ask me if I was wanting Houston to win...I said hell no.

No different than any other WS where I don't care about the teams. I've only watched the Rangers or Royals WS in the last 15-20 years.

Haven't seen a single person wearing anything Stros in Dallas...until I flew thru Houston Hobby the other day I had not seen any at all. The SW pilot made mention of it on the inbound flight from Dallas too....there was hardly even a response at all.

Cool story, bro.
Prosperdick
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

BernArnold said:

FriscoKid said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Cool story, bro.

I get what he's saying, many are like him, just look at the ratings...oh wait.
jt16
AG
BernArnold said:

FriscoKid said:

BassCowboy33 said:

We are all laughing at all of you who care so little you have to post about it on a web board. If you actually didn't care, we wouldn't hear from you.

I love knowing how much your blood boils this morning.

Now everybody point your finger toward Dallas and yell Ha Ha.
screw-tu
Helluva baseball fan you are....
DrZ
AG
Bernie...
Do you not watch Super Bowls either for the last 20 years?
Liquid Wrench
BernArnold said:

FriscoKid said:

BassCowboy33 said:

It's a new day and I'm still entertained by how many words you typed to express your disinterest - nay, scant awareness of the Houston Astros World Series run. Bravo.
NotGibbs
BernArnold said:

FriscoKid said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Schrute
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

AggieWonWon
People in Houston dont' give a rats ass about Dallas..Not where this started that Houston is obsessed with Dallas.
Brick Tamland
Astros fan in Dallas here. I have received a lot of crap the last few days, and even this morning from Rangers fans. Always wear an Astros hat when about town.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Did the rangers even have fans prior to 2011?
Farmer1906
AG
AggieWonWon said:

People in Houston dont' give a rats ass about Dallas..Not where this started that Houston is obsessed with Dallas.
Its repeated a lot from Dallas folk. I never noticed it and if anything it seems the other way around.
rsf0626
I had no problem with houston teams until i went to a&m...there is an overwhelming amount of hatred for the cowboys by houstonians and they made sure you knew it
iBrad
AG
There's an overwhelming hatred of the Cowboys all over the country. I think it has something to do with shoving the whole "America's Team" BS down everyone's throat.

Also, as an Astros fan living in the metroplex, it's quite common to get stupid remarks from Ranger fans every time I wear my Astros stuff in public. I know every fan base has those types of fans, though, so I don't read too much into it. But I do have lots of friends that are Ranger fans and the majority of them were openly rooting against the Astros, primarily because they weren't ready to see us do what the Rangers couldn't get done. And because their argument of being the better franchise because of two WS trips and actually winning games no longer holds any weight.
CoppellAg93
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Did the rangers even have fans prior to 2011?
Considering the Rangers played in the 2010 World Series, yes.
aggiematt235
AG
Astros fan living in Dallas here. Most people here are generally happy for me that the Astros won.

Not to say they're happy the Astros won. They just know how much I love the Astros and are glad I got to experience a championship.

I've had some sour grapes come up to me today at work because of my Astros garb, but for the most part people have been congratulatory.

Goose
AG
Anybody know where we can get Astros WS gear in Dallas?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.