Any Yankees fans here besides me?

5,630 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by StrykerAg
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've never rooted for the Cards. The Braves & Cards were our biggest rivals most of my life.
Gigem Trevas
aggietony2010 said:

Actually, I'd be surprised if they rooted for the Cardinals. That was back when they were just the other team in Texas, and not division rivals.

You don't know hardcore Astros fans well enough then
jkag89
Gigem Trevas said:

aggietony2010 said:

Actually, I'd be surprised if they rooted for the Cardinals. That was back when they were just the other team in Texas, and not division rivals.

I'm a hardcore Astros fan who pulled for both the Giants & Redbirds, not out of any hatred for the Rangers (although I admit to a dislike to the loudmouth Pow Pow "life long" FPTR fans that infested the GB in 2010-11) but because I then and still even now generally pull for the NL . It didn't hurt that both clubs had likable former 'Stros, Hunter Pence (Giants) & Lance Berkman (Cardinals), on them. Of course the effin' Dodgers and to a lesser extent the Reds (hatreds developed as a young fan ttend to die hard), I will not pull for under any circumstances although if facing the Yankees I might wish for a Game 7 that goes into perpetual extra innings. I also hope the Brewers never win the Series as long as they remain in the NL, eff you Bud Selig! I still even pull for the NL in the All-Star Game which was kinda tough this year with so many Astros being named to AL squad.
JABQ04
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I've never rooted for the Cards. The Braves & Cards were our biggest rivals most of my life.

Too many bad memories associated with those two teams to ever wish them well.
Carlo4
AG
I bet you Astros fans did draw a line somewhere in Rangers vs Cardinals back then
StrykerAg
AG
Here's hoping we close this out tonight, as I do NOT want this series to go to a Game 7.

If the Yankees do end the Astros' season, whether in 6 or 7, I give props for winning your division (we screwed the pooch on that) and appreciation for spanking the Red Sox.
russ05
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

aggietony2010 said:

Myself and just about every stros fan I know would root for the Rangers ahead of the Cardinals and it's not close.
FrontPorchAg
Ag12thman said:

Jake Hubenak is a major Yankees fan, per his Twitter feed. You are posting in Astros-Land, though.

Backups
CorpsAg11
AG
Should've finished us while you had a chance!

Ag12thman
AG
Let's go Astros!
AggieWonWon
Let me guess yankee fans in this thread never been to NYC and bought a yankee hat at lids two years ago.
InnerCityAg
Out in Left Field
AG
AggieWonWon said:

Let me guess yankee fans in this thread never been to NYC and bought a yankee hat at lids two years ago.

Oh God! I've been to NYC before. Am I a Yankee's fan now??
AggieWonWon
Out in Left Field said:

AggieWonWon said:

Oh God! I've been to NYC before. Am I a Yankee's fan now??

You are not good at this .
Cy_Tolliver
You are the only one. It's too bad Lee didn't make it to NYC to make this question moot.
monarch
S
WHIZ on NY
Peace for Ukraine!
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Nope, not a single freaking one
StrykerAg
AG
Damn. With such low expectations for this season, it sucks to have just barely missed out on winning the division, and one win away from going to the World Series. It was a helluva ride and I guess if we had to lose, I'd rather see Houston go after what the city has dealt with, than Boston or Cleveland.

BTHOla
Farmer1906
AG
StrykerAg said:

Damn. With such low expectations for this season, it sucks to have just barely missed out on winning the division, and one win away from going to the World Series. It was a helluva ride and I guess if we had to lose, I'd rather see Houston go after what the city has dealt with, than Boston or Cleveland.

BTHOla
Nice season Yank. We'll kick your ass next year too.
biobioprof
CorpsAg11
AG
W
AG
this won't be the last postseason series between the Yankees and Astros in the next 5 years.

going to be some with the Indians too
annie88
AG
TexasAggie_97 said:

Bingo. I hate the Yankees but as a rangers fan I cannot root for Houston.

I feel that way about the Cowboys but I've never felt like that about the Rangers. I've been an Astros fan since I was about four years old so going on almost 50 years now, but I will root for the Rangers if they are not playing the Astros. The cowboys? Heck no.
WC87
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

aggietony2010 said:

No, you don't know hardcore Astros fans. I never root for Cards, Mets, Braves, Cubs, or Dodgers. Rangers rivalry is still forced, but at least the Astros made it somewhat interesting this year.
Farmer1906
AG
WC87 said:

Gigem Trevas said:

aggietony2010 said:

No, you don't know hardcore Astros fans. I never root for Cards, Mets, Braves, Cubs, or Dodgers. Rangers rivalry is still forced, but at least the Astros made it somewhat interesting this year.
I don't think beating a team by 23 games is interesting at all.
WC87
AG
Quote:

I don't think beating a team by 23 games is interesting at all.

I meant the Astros finally winning some games against the Rangers and taking the Silver Boot. It made the rivalry interesting.
StrykerAg
AG
Eliminated the Red Sox, Yankees, and Dodgers in the postseason en route to a title

*tips cap*
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.