Any Yankees fans here besides me?

5,628 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by StrykerAg
StrykerAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is Token still on TexAgs?
annie88
AG
No. Go away.
Hamburger Dan
Yankees suck
JABQ04
AG

Only come out when your winning I see?
Street_Cred_Norm
I would say the majority of Ranger fans are for this series.

I'll be pulling for the Dodgers In the WS though.
CorpsAg11
AG
Let me guess, OP grew up in Texas, wears a Yankees hat every day as a fashion accessory, couldn't name 5 Yankees players until a few days ago
Daniel Plainview
Hamburger Dan said:

Yankees suck

No they don't
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Ah there's the Astros tried and true. Any fan of a winning team that's not the Astros only started liking them when they got good.
Token
AG
B school has taken all of my free time but i lurk like once a week on this website

what a time to be alive
StrykerAg
AG
CorpsAg11 said:

Let me guess, OP grew up in Texas, wears a Yankees hat every day as a fashion accessory, couldn't name 5 Yankees players until a few days ago

Born in the Bronx, raised in Pennsylvania, went to A&M because of the Corps. Try again.

CorpsAg11
AG
Fair enough, just messing with ya man
TXAggie2011
AG
The amount of whining by Astros fans about anything Yankees for the past month has upped my Yankee fandom from "don't care" to "almost care that they win this series" so that the whining will hit a powerful crescendo but then hurry up and taper off.

My dad, like many guys that grew up in a MLB-less market (DFW) in the 1950s and 60s is a Yankees fan. Just like many of his friends.
CorpsAg11
AG
Hey

You

Nobody cares.
StrykerAg
AG
I see plenty of Cowboys and sip fans up here and I have the similar "You're not even from Texas" reaction
TXAggie2011
AG
CorpsAg11 said:

Hey

You

Nobody cares.

TexasAggie_97
AG
Bingo. I hate the Yankees but as a rangers fan I cannot root for Houston.
StrykerAg
AG
Now that I think about it, since becoming an A&M student and fan, I have seen the Yankees win a World Series, the Giants win two Super Bowls, the (New York) Rangers play in the Stanley Cup Finals, and Penn State win the Big Ten. C'MON AGS!

*At least we had a Heisman trophy winner
jkag89
Street_Cred_Norm said:

Who in their right mind would ever pull for the effin' Dodgers? Yes even in a Dodgers/Yankees match up. While not exactly clear in your posts, it appears you are a Ranger fan, well that explains being in one's right mind.
45-70Ag
AG
I'm a fan of the history of the Yankees. It's amazing and the books on it are really good.

Having said that, I don't really follow them and outside of judge I couldn't name one player.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Being a Rangers fan I like Yu and hope he gets a ring. The Dodgers also have Ross Stripling and I never have an issue with an Ag getting a ring.
jkag89
As always I hope Stripling pitches well this postseason but he'll need to be with another organization other than the effin' Dodgers for me to pull for him to win a ring.
NotGibbs
Lucky #007 said:

Ah there's the Astros tried and true. Any fan of a winning team that's not the Astros only started liking them when they got good.

Winning team? I guess that disqualifies rangers fans from this
AgFan1999
AG
Let's see if staff can work on a ban for Stryker.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
NotGibbs said:

Lucky #007 said:

Winning team? I guess that disqualifies rangers fans from this

So then naturally we'll stop hearing about how we all started following the team in 2010?
mazag08
AG
My best friend was born in NY and has been a Yankees fan his whole life. He's almost my only friend who understands baseball is more than average and strikeouts. We talk stats all the time and wish each other well when we play.

Then during the game I come on texags and tell everybody how much the Yankees suck.
StrykerAg
AG
AgFan1999 said:

Let's see if staff can work on a ban for Stryker.

Who you gonna talk sheet to if the Astros win both home games then?
MsDoubleD81
Out in Left Field
AG
Yankee fan comes to gloat and it devolves into yet another Rangers vs Astros pissing contest. Solid work.
Ag12thman
AG
Jake Hubenak is a major Yankees fan, per his Twitter feed. You are posting in Astros-Land, though.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
jkag89 said:

Street_Cred_Norm said:

Who in their right mind would ever pull for the effin' Dodgers? Yes even in a Dodgers/Yankees match up. While not exactly clear in your posts, it appears you are a Ranger fan, well that explains being in one's right mind.
I also think I'd be rooting for the Dodgers over the Yankees should that be the matchup.
CashMoneyYo
So hard to pick up that yankee tshirt.
Marty Byrde
Yankees fan tomorrow. Used to like the Astros until reading their obsession for others on this site
CorpsAg11
AG
Marty Byrde said:

Yankees fan tomorrow. Used to like the Astros until reading their obsession for others on this site

It's hilarious to me that rangers fans think they're somehow punishing us by not rooting for the Astros.

This just in.... nobody cares.
Gigem Trevas
CorpsAg11 said:

Marty Byrde said:

It's hilarious to me that rangers fans think they're somehow punishing us by not rooting for the Astros.

This just in.... nobody cares.

Don't pretend the Astros fans weren't rooting for the Cardinals or blue jays in the last 6 years. I've honestly been pulling for the Astros.
aggietony2010
AG
Actually, I'd be surprised if they rooted for the Cardinals. That was back when they were just the other team in Texas, and not division rivals.
God save the Patriarchy!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.