Yankees Tigers brawl

1,345 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 94chem
C Loves L
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Cabrera took 5 to the ribs
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'd give Betances 50 games for headhunting. Dangerous as hell.

Aroldis Chapman looked out of his element. He only likes to hit women.
ABATTBQ87
AG
I was watching this game today and almost every inning there was some altercation
redag06
Umps need to be suspended for letting this one get out of hand.
titanmaster_race
Betances is a POS. Even more so because as an AL reliever, he will never have to worry about someone throwing at him in retaliation.

Screw that piece of trash. Hope he gets at least 50.
Mike Elko
AG
Dirty Sanchez will be a marked man for his cheap shots. Too bad these teams don't meet again this season.
The Lost
titanmaster_race said:

Betances is a POS. Even more so because as an AL reliever, he will never have to worry about someone throwing at him in retaliation.

Screw that piece of trash. Hope he gets at least 50.
Yeah because NL relievers get more than 5 abs a year?
MSFC Aggie
AG
7 games for MC....Sanchez gets 4.....Romine gets 2
AgFan1999
AG
Alex Wilson got a 4 game suspension and Ausmus got a game.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Commissioner's office sucking yankee c*ck. Sanchez only gets 4 games for multiple cheap shots and Betances gets nothing.
PatAg
AG
Wonder what he said to Cabrera
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Apparently the umpire said they only tossed him to keep it from getting out of hand and they didn't think he hit him on purpose. I don't think he hit him in the head on purpose but the guy has hit one right handed hitter with a fastball ever. Saying it was an accident is mind bogglingly stupid.
94chem
Glad McCann went yard. Betances committed the equivalent of aggravated robbery. If you intend to hit him in the butt and you nail him him the head, you should pay the price for head hunting.

Also, I know that Cabrera has had his share of life problems, but I tend to side with him. Anybody that Beltre supports is okay in my book until proven otherwise. Taking shots at a HOFer is a bad career move.
DannyDuberstein
AG
No question that Betances was trying to hit him, and yeah, even if the head was an accident, you should pay a heavier price than the normal intentional beaning. Given the speed they handed these out, it really looks like they did no homework on Betances HBP history. Unbelievable.

In 2018, there are going to be some Yankee hitters wishing he caught a long suspension. That kind of non-punoshment leaves this wide open. To be continued.
PatAg
AG
They don't play Detroit again this year. Will be interesting to see the fallout of this after the Tigers get a chance to watch the higlights online of the cheap **** the yankees were pulling
KT 90
AG
Betances seriously did not get suspended for any games? That is crazy.

Mathguy64
AG
I'm sorry. Joe Torre just rolled over for the Yankees here. Betances should have gotten 10-15 games. You can't give him 50 or the rest of the season, as nice as that sounds. The players association would be all over that. But they could give him 10-15 and make it stick. Nothing is a joke. Watching that throw there is no doubt it was going high and inside. And hard as hell.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree. 50 would be jiustice, but 10-15 would fit with history. What's also crazy is that Cabrera is cited as "inciting it" after being hit intentionally. Are they drunk?
94chem
Worse infraction - Odor or Betances? End of discussion.
C Loves L
94Chem, your Houston is showing
94chem
I've been a Rangers' fan since 1972, when I attended their first ever game in my mother's womb. So, your stupid is showing. What Betances did is far worse than what Odor did. Throwing at a guy's head is about as bad as it gets between the lines.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.