LLWS 2017

1,646 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Gramercy Riffs
OCEN99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lufkin's up 5-0 in the 5th in their first game.
Oogway
Lufkin just won game #2 6-3. The California team is really good and those two teams may face off in the final.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Oogway said:

Lufkin just won game #2 6-3. The California team is really good and those two teams may face off in the final.

California team no hit today; North Carolina team looks tough
OCEN99
AG
Looks like a Lufkin - NC rematch in the US Championship game.
Pahdz
Been another classic, Lufkin three outs away from the ship
Sex Panther
AG
Awesome game for the boys from Lufkin. That Carolina team was insanely good.
OCEN99
AG
Lufkin's up 2-0 at the end of the 1st thanks to a clutch K to strand 2.
NewArmy69
AG
Just saw a score of 2-2 after Japan hit HR. No idea what inning they are in?
OCEN99
AG
3-2 Japan now in the bottom of the 2nd.
Cy_Tolliver
Seems kind of rigged that Japan plays a bunch of spare inferior intl teams and saves their pitching, while Lufkin has burned their top 3 pitchers already.

They need to change this format. Playing teams like Italy is basically an exhibition game, but the US teams can't assume anyone is bad.
Sex Panther
AG
Yeah unfortunately the international format is so heavily tilted in their favor. I don't really know what they could do to change it without it looking like sour grapes from the U.S. from being tired of losing.

Amazing run by Lufkin though. I lived there for a year and they have some serious athletes and programs.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
The answer is to say that you want all the teams to have opportunities to play international competition, and you put four US teams in each bracket with four international teams. That way the Far East team has to go through at least two US teams before they even reach the final.
Sex Panther
AG
That is a good suggestion. I guess the only problem could be they might not be thrilled with the chance for an all international final?
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Agreed. But that's precisely why they have the current set up. Gotta pick your poison.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

The answer is to say that you want all the teams to have opportunities to play international competition, and you put four US teams in each bracket with four international teams. That way the Far East team has to go through at least two US teams before they even reach the final.
And what if Japan wins one bracket and South Korea wins the other? Or Mexico and Australia?

To have an LL Championship with no US teams would not be the desired outcome
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I think we covered that in the previous two posts. It's one or the other. Either you're okay with a Far East team having an easier road to the final, or you're okay with the possibility of no US teams in the final. Can't have it both ways.

I don't care which way they do it. I'm just presenting the other option.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.