Wrigley

1,360 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mozart Paintings
wsjag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
May be in Chicago mid sept and try to catch my first cubs game. Could be a huge series vs StL

Suggestions on getting tickets (probably just 1) or how to get to the stadium? Any good food worth trying?

TIA
TheAngelFlight
No reason not to take the Red Line to the stadium.

There are ticket places near the stadium, but you can always just use the usual online websites just as well. Reddit can also be a place to occasionally locate some under face tickets.
vette
AG
I seem to remember parking somewhere for cheap and then taking a free shuttle to the stadium. It's been awhile, so sorry I can't be more of a help...
Mike Elko
AG
I have two tickets available for the Saturday game (9/16). Just let me know if interested.
diehard03
Quote:

I seem to remember parking somewhere for cheap and then taking a free shuttle to the stadium. It's been awhile, so sorry I can't be more of a help...

it's like $40-45 to park somewhere down there (like local businesses, etc). Worth every penny imo.
wsjag
AG

Had thought about going Friday but would be open to going to Saturday. What section and row are your tickets and how much are you asking? Would you be open to just selling a single?
Mookie
AG
1. take the red line to Addison.
2. pound old styles at Murphy's until the 2nd inning
3. buy ticket from a scalper outside wrigley for $20
4. ?????
5. PROFIT
Mike Elko
AG
I actually just posted them on CL this morning. I'd rather sell as a pair, so understand if that's not feasible for you.
Aggie8587
AG
Tickets on Craigslist
Take the Red Lline north to the Addison stop
Hit balls at Sluggers pre-game
Old Crow or Deuces post game (especially if the Cubs win)
wsjag
AG
Thanks 2012 / I just need 1 and Friday works better for me
Mike Elko
Mozart Paintings
AG
Where are you staying? As mentioned, if staying in the city then definitely take the red line.
Dallasag02
AG
Sometimes the teams themselves put great singles on stubhub for below face value. Ive used this trick many times when going to parks alone and wound up with really good seats.

And definitely take the train up to Addison.
AgRyan04
You shouldn't have any problems finding a single ticket on the day of the game for a reasonable price.

I also always make sure and and have enough fare on my transit card so I don't have to try and reload it after the game....the stations are packed and it's pretty much pandemonium right after the stadium let's out.

Have fun, it's the best
TXAggie2011
AG
Hang around the park after the game a little bit and soak it in while letting some of the crowds filter off on the train.

Or better yet stick around the stadium a bit and then go grab a beer nearby.
Mozart Paintings
AG
This is a good point. Go to a pay station the night before or early the day of and make sure you have two rides of fares. (5.50). That way you aren't fighting any crowds.
TXAggie2011
AG
If you're going to be riding public transit a few times that day, consider getting a day pass. I believe its $10 plus $5 for your card.
Tradertex56
Went to my first game at Wrigley yesterday afternoon for a match up with the Reds. I had no idea what a great place it is to take in a game. We sat down the right field line in the lower section. A huge part of the seats are underneath the upper deck overhang, so you are sitting in the shade. With the nice Chicago breeze, it was very comfortable temperature wise. Got to walk around the entire stadium. There does not seem to be a bad seat anywhere unless you are right behind one of the beams supporting the upper deck. The upper deck is really high with a pretty severe slope but it feels like you are directly over the field looking straight down. They have added a lot of newer areas and features in recent years that enhance the experience as well. One is a park with a huge hi-def screen with the game being shown on it. Having been lucky enough to be able to visit nearly half of MLB ballparks and Wrigley has to be a the very top, right up there with Fenway.
Mozart Paintings
AG
It's wrigley and Fenway, and then everyone else.

I have been to Fenway only twice, and wrigley probably 50 times. Love them both so much.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.