My tribute to Jeff Bagwell

1,270 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by McInnis
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
http://houseofhouston.com/2017/07/30/houston-astros-jeff-bagwell-trade-changed-franchise-forever/

Read and enjoy!

Would appreciate your feedback, please be respectful!
Gig’em Aggies!
CorpsAg11
AG
A cautionary tale to my fellow Astros fans that you could potentially lose a future Hall of Famer as a prospect in a trade deadline trade
Quincey P. Morris
AG
But you could win a World Series.
SabineAg
AG
Between him and Brad Ausmus, they created an entire generation of Houston baseball players with odd batting stances. Thanks for the article!
The_Accountant15
One of my favorite players to watch while growing up! Bagwell and Biggio absolutely raked
Farmer1906
AG
PalomaPachanga said:

Between him and Brad Ausmus, they created an entire generation of Houston baseball players with odd batting stances. Thanks for the article!
Who in their right mind would model their stance after Ausmus?
SabineAg
AG
Pee Wee baseball catchers
Farmer1906
AG
PalomaPachanga said:

Pee Wee baseball catchers
SabineAg
AG
Considering I played peewee baseball during that time, I'm pretty confident that I know who my friends and I copied
Farmer1906
AG
The only people that paid that much attention to .230 avg Brad Ausmus were the laaaaaaadies.
W
AG
the killer with Ausmus was the GiDP's.

there's no way a guy with a .669 career OPS can ground into 201 double plays --- that is mind-numbing futility. No amount of "pitch framing" or "handling of the staff" is worth that.

in 2002 he hit .257 with a .675 OPS...and grounded into an unbelievable 30 double plays in 130 games. That is just so bad. Killed the rally in the current inning and then forced the pitcher to leadoff the next inning
titanmaster_race
aggie1906 said:

The only people that paid that much attention to .230 avg Brad Ausmus were the laaaaaaadies.

X1000

There was a girl I went to high school with who was an Ausmus fanatic. She made her own tie dye shirt with his face on it.

To this day, she's the only person I know who was a fan of Brad Ausmus as an individual.
McInnis
AG
Anyone remember Bagwell ever making a mental error? Even once? I can't.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.