Going to the Hall of Fame Induction

720 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Coog97
Ag13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be going to Cooperstown on Friday, July 28th and leaving on Monday, July 31st. Has anyone ever been to the induction ceremony before? Any advice/must do's?

By the way, I am making the round trip from New York City with a few friends and we have a large enough hotel in Cooperstown and a rental car to accommodate more if any TexAgs MLB fans are interested. We are all Astros fans going for Bagwell but Rangers fans are also welcome. Realize this is super last minute but you can always find flights to and from New York City. PM me if interested.
YellAg2004
AG
I'll be there with my dad. We're flying up to Albany on Thursday and back home on Monday. I'll try to come back to this thread when I have a little more time and I'll share the tips I remember from when we went for Biggio a few years ago.
AstroAggie15
AG
going up with my dad as well.

Any tips on cool stuff to do up there, what to expect?
MW03
AG
Went for Nolan Ryan in 99, so I'm sure everything has changed. That being said, Lake Placid is a cool side trip. Going to Cooperstown is all about just walking around town though. There are old ballplayers everywhere. That day I met Pete Rose, Buck O'Neil, Don Larsen, Phil Niekro, and caught a glipse of Teddy Ballgame. There were a ton of others just walking around like regular joes too. Everyone was just happy to be there and were kind and generous with their time. Willing to sign stuff and talk a bit. Except Pete Rose. Had to pay to see him. It's a great time. Make sure you check out the Louisville Slugger shop too.

Edit: Lake PLACID, not Lake Pleasant, which I don't think is a thing. It's a cool town, plus they have kept up a lot of the stuff from the olympics. There's a lift for the ski jump, the bobsled track, all that jazz. Pretty fun afternoon.
Coog97
The wife and I are flying into Albany on Wednesday... coming back Tuesday.

Touring the Hall Thursday
Saratoga Springs and other stuff on Friday
Cooperstown on Saturday... putting out our chairs and the parade
Induction Sunday
Random Albany stuff or Lake George area Monday

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.