Cubs Tix

1,382 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TexAgs1992
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cubbies fans, I'm heading to Chicago this Summer for a weekend when the Cubs will be in town and of course I want to take in a game at Wrigley.

I've heard that tickets are pretty expensive and hard to get. Any suggestions on the best way to go about procuring them? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
They're easy to get. http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/ticketing/singlegame.jsp?c_id=chc

What do you consider expensive?
Mike Elko
AG
Yep, that link's the best option. Already got mine for the Cardinals in September.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
FTR, that's how I get any of my road trip tickets to places where I don't have a hookup. I used the same method for tickets to a Padres/Marlins game this weekend, and I was able to get seats a few rows behind home plate.

I also used it for a Cubs game two years ago and a Red Sox game last year. All great seats, all easy to find.
Sex Panther
AG
Great! looks like it will be easier than I was told... And the tix aren't too bad. More so than Astros or Rangers tix but that's to be expected. Nothing outrageous by any means.

Any suggestions as to what section I should try to sit in since this is my first time? How about gameday experience in Wrigleyville?

Appreciate it guys
TV Casualty
AG
One thing to keep in mind about tickets through the Cubs is that there is a 9% city of Chicago tax and 3% county tax added on. Then they add on ticket purchase fees.

Sometimes you can find pretty good deals on the ticket resale sites like stubhub. A lot of season ticket holders dump their tickets on there and I've gotten a few good deals that way.

A game at Wrigley is always great time especially if it's a day game. You will find the fans to be quite friendly and willing to make conversation. I usually go grab a beer at Murphy's Bleacher. It's an old fire station and they have an old model of Wrigley way in the back. There are lots of other bars and places to eat around there as well. You can always bar hop until you find one that you like.

If you are short on time then a quick and cheap place to grab some food before the game is at Wrigleyville dogs. There you can get a gyro, polish sausage, or a Chicago dog and avoid the prices inside.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I have season tickets in the bleachers if you're interested in sitting there.
aTm2004
AG
There are also guys outside of the stadium selling tons of tickets. When we went to watch the Astros at Wrigley, we got our tickets for $50/seat about 10 minutes before first pitch. The gate had similar tickets for $90/seat.
DeBoss
AG
Posted on Cubs thread also, but any advice to rooftop seating vs. in-stadium? I've been 1 time in stadium and looking for maybe something different. Just want to get perspective on if it's worth it or just go for a normal seat in the stadium? Going on Tuesday vs. the Padres if anyone has an extra ticket.
TexAgs1992
I love the rooftops but sitting in the stadium is a very different experience. The great thing about the rooftops is the all-inclusive food/drink if you don't want to watch the game very closely. I'd still rather sit in the bleachers 9 times out of 10 but the rooftop is worth doing once or twice.

As for pregame bars, Murphy's has and will always be my favorite. Cubby Bear and Sluggers are ok but Murphy's is a much better atmosphere in my opinion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.