****2017 AL East***

4,157 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by corleoneAg99
corleoneAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty late on this but the best division in baseball always deserves it's own thread.

Opening Day for the O's was delightful. Trumbomb in extras to beat the jays.

Is token gonna check in on how Tanaka did on Opening Day in lovely Tampa?
corleoneAg99
AG
Also my division predictions are:

Red Sox
O's
Yanks
Jays
Rays

I feel like the Red Sox will have to try really hard not to win 90+ games but the Price thing might make it interesting.

Otherwise I think the O's can squeeze into a WC and then you never know what can happen.
Gil Renard
AG
O's
Jays
BOS
Yanks
Rays

I could see O's start off strong through the All-Star break but starting pitching injuries may plague them again
Say Chowdah
AG
Sox are locked in a 0 - 0 tie game in the top of the 12th against the Pirates!

Burning up both bullpens is probably not with either team had in mind in the second game of the season.
Say Chowdah
AG
Sox win with a walk off 3 run hr by Sandy Leon!
corleoneAg99
AG
Bundy dominant over Jays...good sign.
Sapper Redux
My eternally wrong predictions:

BOS
TOR
BAL
NYY
TB

Should be a good season and the strongest division in baseball yet again. Sox are off to a good start.
corleoneAg99
AG
yanks choke...Seth bomb seals it!
Say Chowdah
AG
Half of the Sox starting team and bullpen is down with the flu! I've seen stuff like that before. However what happened today is unprecedented.

The NESN broadcast team consisting of Dave O'Brien and Jerry Remy were in Detroit for today's game. Midway through the broadcast, O'Brien had to leave due to flu symptoms. The NESN home office had Tom Caron, who does the post game from the studio, hook up remotely from a control room in Boston to complete the play by play with Remy who was at the ballpark in Detroit! They showed him and one of his technical engineers in this small room with a TV monitor and a laptop watching the game and calling it. Jerry was in the park doing the color. Somehow they were able to synch the entire thing so it didn't even have a voice delay with the feed!

I was quite impressed!

Oh, the Sox dropped two in a row as half the team is not even cleared to travel.
corleoneAg99
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

yanks choke again...good little weekend so far.
Say Chowdah
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

corleoneAg99 said:

yanks choke again...good little weekend so far.
LMAO!!!!!
ClassOf17
Sox rally today as JBJ and Joe Kelly had to go back to the hotel due to the flu. Hanley also didn't make the trip. Leon is clutch so far. I'd start him over Vasquez every day.

Bennitendi is an absolute stud. Only 4 games in but looking like a ROTY candidate.
Sapper Redux
You almost have to laugh. Managing in those situations must just be insane.
Say Chowdah
AG
Dr. Watson said:

You almost have to laugh. Managing in those situations must just be insane.
During the broadcast, the Sox broadcasters mentioned that a few seasons ago, the Giants dealt with a spate of the flu. It darn near crippled their season. The problem is that it affects in waves. When one group is starting to recover a new grew is infected and it keeps lingering for what could be a month before it clears out. And just because a player is no longer getting the direct effects (vomiting, diarreah, respritory issues etc) the loss of physical stamina, strength and endurance may take up to 10 days to completely return.

So you have 75% of your roster and management staff still affected by it for what could be a 30 day swing! It is hard to stay competitive under that scenario.

I'm hopeful that they can tread water long enough until it is done with them!
corleoneAg99
AG
Os beat canadia again. When Wade Miley handles your lineup things ain't going great for ya but I'll take it!

Britton already 5 for 5.
TXAggie2011
AG
Toronto, so bad
Gil Renard
AG
Jays are soft this year. Managment whiffed on edwing and misplayed the market on some guys. Gonna be a long year
LeonardSkinner
Still here. Always tempering my expectations for the Rays, but they're above .500 through the first AL East gauntlet.

A couple of rookies, a couple of reserves. I might be on the way to cautiously optimistic.
corleoneAg99
AG
Nice!

Everyone has checked in except the fake yankee fans.
Say Chowdah
AG
corleoneAg99 said:

Nice!

Not a fake fan, but Token got accepted to Dartmouth for graduate business school! They'll let anyone in!

Jk obviously - congrats Token! Helluva achievement!
corleoneAg99
AG
Great. I jinxed Britton.
TXAggie2011
AG
Say Chowdah said:

corleoneAg99 said:

Nice!

Not a fake fan, but Token got accepted to Dartmouth for graduate business school! They'll let anyone in!

Jk obviously - congrats Token! Helluva achievement!
He should have picked up the Duke cap but that's okay.
Say Chowdah
AG
Going to the game tomorrow!

11:05 start as it is Patriot's Day and the Boston Marathon. I'm thinking the SB Champion Patriots will show at the game as well!
Say Chowdah
AG
Sox beat the Rays 4 - 3!
Say Chowdah
AG
AK - this you?

Quote:

Brad Ausmus: Tigers fielders to blame after being confused by fan

Detroit Tigers manager Brad Ausmus didn't feel the need to shout. He's hopeful his players "got it" after being fooled by a Tampa Bay Rays fan on Wednesday.

Two seemingly harmless fly balls fell for hits in the first three innings of the Rays' 8-7 victory as Tigers center fielder JaCoby Jones, right fielder Tyler Collins and second baseman Ian Kinsler were confused by the shouts from the Tropicana Field stands.

The source of the Tigers' confusion wasn't miscommunication between the fielders. If anything, it was overcommunication on the part of a fan in the Tropicana Field stands yelling "I got it!"

"It's fair game, if you're a fan. I'm not the blaming [the] fan or anything. He's within his rights to do that. We have to make the adjustment," Ausmus told reporters Thursday, according to mlive.com.

Since outfielders have the right to call off infielders on fly balls, Kinsler assumed his teammates were doing so Wednesday night and backed off.

"I just got out of the way," Kinsler said, according to mlive.com.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19202416/detroit-tigers-manager-brad-ausmus-says-fair-game-fans-try-confuse-fielders
Say Chowdah
AG
Sox have been in a cold streak, in the runs scoring dept, as of late.
corleoneAg99
AG
Then again, Dylan Bundy is good.
Say Chowdah
AG
Sox again struggle with crossing the plate. Exhausting.
toucan82
I feel like this is a bad start for Gausman
corleoneAg99
AG
He's been bad. Boston was due. It happens.

Just might have to wear it today. Os have been good so far so no complaints.
cdowl38
AG
Pedroia-Machado drama carry over the whole year?
Say Chowdah
AG
I doubt it. Showalter is a professional. If it was Tampa Bay circa 2006, you could guarantee it would be all season. I don't think the O's play that way and they have the next move.
Say Chowdah
AG
Well I stand corrected.

Bundy hit Betts in game one and then Chris Sale threw behind Machado last night.

Sale's may have been a two part purpose pitch:

1) To show that he had the other players' backs
2) Fire up the Sox hitters

The Sox hadn't hit for Sale yet. That fired them up and they beat the O's 5-2 tonight.

Interestingly - Pedro Martinez said that he would have drilled Machado after the slide. No if ands and butts.

Quote:

"If I was pitching, I was going to drill Machado, as much as I love him," Martinez said Friday before participating in a roundtable luncheon benefiting the Red Sox Foundation and the Foundation To Be Named Later. "The only thing I would have done differently was probably [throw] the ball a little bit lower. But everything else was the nature of baseball."
Say Chowdah
AG
Also, I just got word that the first shot that Hanley hit last night, finally just landed.
corleoneAg99
AG
Yeah but it probably landed before Mannys from Monday.

Still it's been interesting. No comment on the best baseball fans in MLB and their treatment of AJ?

Boston gonna Boston.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.