***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,056,655 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
badharambe said:

Enron Field needs to get LOUD and stay that way

SAY WHAT???
tjack16
AG
In the 5 postseason Home games .... The Astros have held our opponents to only 7 runs
Post removed:
by user
Maximus Steelchest
If we make the WS and Verlander is great then it's him, until then it's bagwell easily.
W
AG
first time the ALCS has gone to Game 7 since 2008
Ag_07
AG
It's apples and oranges.

JV was a HOFer added to a division championship team when we got him. True blockbuster trade.

Bags was a prospect added to a ln afterthought team. Not really a blockbuster but had a huge impact later on.

AustinAg2K
third coast.. said:

i wont lie, but i am not a stat master when it comes to trades before my time, but verlander has gone undefeated, has an unbelievable ERA and has led the charge to the final game of the ALCS which could put us in our 2nd world series ever. i LOVE bags, but what JV is doing for us is unprecedented.
Randy Johnson went 10-1 with a 1.28 ERA (with 4 shutouts) when he came to the Stros in 98. He was just as good as Verlander, the only difference is the Astros are scoring some runs for Verlander in the playoffs. We have another year with Verlander, which puts him over Randy. Of course, they are both behind Bagwell for the greatest Astros trade ever.
Ag12thman
AG
tjholley17 said:

The Verlander trade might go down as the biggest trade in Astros history
. The guy is GOOD. Looking forward to him finishing his career as an Astro.
AustinAg2K
Ag_07 said:

It's apples and oranges.

JV was a HOFer added to a division championship team when we got him. True blockbuster trade.

Bags was a prospect added to a ln afterthought team. Not really a blockbuster but had a huge impact later on.

Bagwell wasn't added as an after thought. He was the player the Astros wanted in the Larry Anderson deal. He was just a prospect, though.
Ag12thman
AG
dmtoney said:

This is freaking awesome. I love this team.
agsquirrel97
AG
Sid Farkas said:

Jesus Christ...Hernandez peaked on the second Seinfeld appearance. He's literally horrible at this analyst ****
I don't know, did you just see his seaseme street bit?

Looks like he jumped the shark way back then
Ag_07
AG
I mean the team at the time.

Meaning that they weren't contenders who needed one piece to push them over the edge.
R-Dog
AG
Ag12thman said:

dmtoney said:

This is freaking awesome. I love this team.
I love LMJ's attitude but that's not enough. Especially for a guy with well documented struggles with his emotions. Everybody on that team wants to do something to help us win tomorrow. Can't try and be the hero. Can't be selfish. Especially with him being on short rest.

If he does get into the game tomorrow, I'd almost like to bring him in with 2 outs and nobody on. So if he comes out too amped up, he can hopefully get an out and then settle down a bit before starting the next inning.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
Ag_07 said:

badharambe said:

SAY WHAT???

I say play game 7 in the dome.
Philip J Fry
AG
Hi, Im Brett said:

Ag_07 said:

badharambe said:

SAY WHAT???

I say play game 7 in the dome.

Still prefer the BUS
agdaddy04
AG
Man I'm wired and can't fall asleep
Ag_07
AG
agdaddy04 said:

That's why I'm still pounding Lawnmowers watching this crappy pine tar game doc. Don't even have the fcks to give to change the channel.
ClickClack
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Game

Just got home and perusing the thread.

Game...7? Game...Astros?
CFTXAG10
AG
So back when I bought tickets for the ALCS I thought it would be the Indians and did not buy game 7 tix. My mistake. Boss just called tonight after game 6 knowing my situation and gave me two tickets for tomorrow. Its lit!
titanmaster_race
I really hope I'm wrong, but just do not have a good feeling about Morton starting. Every outing he's had this year he either inexplicably loses command for an inning or two early on and gives up some easy runs, or he's got his stuff but gets smited by the babip gods and gives up bloops and dribblers that turn into runs.

I would feel much better with McHugh or Mccullers starting. BUT I would love for Morton to reward Hinch's trust with a solid start that leads to a game 7 win.
titanmaster_race
regardless of starter, I think the offense rattles Sabathia. Will depend a lot on the umpire. Really hope he calls a true zone, not that garbage zipcode that Sabathia could get strike calls in during game 3.
titanmaster_race
Also, reddick gets some revenge tomorrow on cc
Buck Compton
AG
Really upset we don't have Jake at this point. Reddick needs a break.

I'm fine with Morton.

I think my lineup tomorrow would be:

Springer
Bergman
Altuve
Correa
Gurriel
Gonzalez
McCann
Gattis
Reddick

If Reddick finally finds a way to hit, then even better for when the lineup turns over
DVC2010
AG
The game 1 strike zone was as good as any I've seen all year, so I'm optimistic.

I do not want Lance starting on short rest. I'm glad he will be available for a couple of innings from the bullpen, but as volatile as he can be, I want him to get his four days between starts.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Ag_07 said:

agdaddy04 said:

That's why I'm still pounding Lawnmowers watching this crappy pine tar game doc. Don't even have the fcks to give to change the channel.

Ha - I thoroughly enjoyed that
SabineAg
AG
I've got a 9 am flight to Houston for this and I can't sleep. Too hype.
irish pete ag06
AG
titanmaster_race said:

I really hope I'm wrong, but just do not have a good feeling about Morton starting. Every outing he's had this year he either inexplicably loses command for an inning or two early on and gives up some easy runs, or he's got his stuff but gets smited by the babip gods and gives up bloops and dribblers that turn into runs.

I would feel much better with McHugh or Mccullers starting. BUT I would love for Morton to reward Hinch's trust with a solid start that leads to a game 7 win.

It will be the shortest of short leashes. Everyone's available outside of Verlander.
TexasRebel
AG
jkag89 said:

TexasRebel said:

tjholley17 said:

The Verlander trade might go down as the biggest trade in Astros history

Wasn't there some local kid named Ryan?
Nolan came to the Astros through a free agent signing.

Yeah. We traded him money for 101 mph fastball.
cone
AG
pretty sure I called this one correct

today is the reckoning
cone
AG
in good faith

I thought they'd ride Verlander almost the full distance and he'd keep them in the game. and I thought they'd get some runs against Severino in one big inning, like Game 4.

I didn't think they'd have another inning of production. 8th inning was a welcome surprise.

still don't feel too hot about tonight. anything can happen but it feels like bad position. whatever momentum you picked back up is offset by circumstance.

pros are that you're at home, the crowd will he great at jump, and McCann and Bregman and Gattis all had something positive to take out of Game 6. maybe just maybe that Todd Frazier strikeout robbed the Yanks of some mojo.

cons are Sabathia facing Morton. Hinch managing against Girardi in a Game 7 with the remaining HOU staff vs the remaining NYY staff. outside of the 8th the bats still feel like they're in a complete shell. who knows if the 8th carries over. I doubt it. 1-2 are still a complete black hole. Judge is heating up.

and I really do think you have to pay for your mistakes in these high stakes series. Astros had a 4 run lead with nine outs to go in Game 4. that was the series. poor fielding, poor managing, poor bullpen play, just cratering under the pressure of the moment. you missed the window to close out the series on the back of one of your two aces. and you're going to pay for it. and pay more than just losing a road game. it's karma. like missing easy picks in the UCLA game. you know it's going to haunt.

I don't see a blow out, but this is shaping up to be a close loss. Damage done early, the Astros clawing to the end, but not breaking through.

unfortunately for all of us the stages of grief got reset last night. so yeah, the meltdown will be pretty bad.

but (big but) if they win against the Yanks, give me the Astros in 7 vs LA
k20dub
AG
Farmer1906
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

titanmaster_race said:

It will be the shortest of short leashes. Everyone's available outside of Verlander.

Hinch said Verlander is superhuman and will wait and see how he is when he arrives at the ballpark. I don't think he pitches, but that's funny his he's not fully ruled out.

I don't hate that they chose Morton, I hate that Lance isn't going after you saw how well he did and how badly he wants the ball.
BarryProfit
cone said:

in good faith

I thought they'd ride Verlander almost the full distance and he'd keep them in the game. and I thought they'd get some runs against Severino in one big inning, like Game 4.

I didn't think they'd have another inning of production. 8th inning was a welcome surprise.

still don't feel too hot about tonight. anything can happen but it feels like bad position. whatever momentum you picked back up is offset by circumstance.

pros are that you're at home, the crowd will he great at jump, and McCann and Bregman and Gattis all had something positive to take out of Game 6. maybe just maybe that Todd Frazier strikeout robbed the Yanks of some mojo.

cons are Sabathia facing Morton. Hinch managing against Girardi in a Game 7 with the remaining HOU staff vs the remaining NYY staff. outside of the 8th the bats still feel like they're in a complete shell. who knows if the 8th carries over. I doubt it. 1-2 are still a complete black hole. Judge is heating up.

and I really do think you have to pay for your mistakes in these high stakes series. Astros had a 4 run lead with nine outs to go in Game 4. that was the series. poor fielding, poor managing, poor bullpen play, just cratering under the pressure of the moment. you missed the window to close out the series on the back of one of your two aces. and you're going to pay for it. and pay more than just losing a road game. it's karma. like missing easy picks in the UCLA game. you know it's going to haunt.

I don't see a blow out, but this is shaping up to be a close loss. Damage done early, the Astros clawing to the end, but not breaking through.

unfortunately for all of us the stages of grief got reset last night. so yeah, the meltdown will be pretty bad.

but (big but) if they win against the Yanks, give me the Astros in 7 vs LA

**** off!
cone
AG
I'm with you

who dares wins

would rather you give Lance the shot to be a legend
cone
AG
sorry to upset you
First Page Last Page
Page 1189 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.