***** Official Houston Astros 2017 Season Thread *****

5,056,705 Views | 60281 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AstroAggie15
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would that be reviewable? Isn't that a judgment call? Good question.
titanmaster_race
Seriously, this guy needs a public reprimand from the league and a stretch in the minors to reassess his understand of the strikezone. This is horrible.
Mathguy64
AG
That poor ******* back there is just plain lost.
titanmaster_race
Judgment call, so it's not reviewable, but worth arguing at least.
n_touch
I half expected Marwin to come running out of the clubhouse for another round on that last ball call
Ag_07
AG
Nice win fellas!!!

Whatever may happen with this team down the stretch, playoff baseball with this team is going to be awesome!!!
aggiematt235
AG
Good news. We won.
Bad news. Only 3 hits.
Great news. Verlander is awesome.
Greatest news.
CFTXAG10
Ag_07
AG
Verlander has given up what 3 runs in his 4 starts with us?

Dude is absolutely dealing.

Halfway joking but what are his numbers compared with the Cy Young candidates?
spadilly
S
Another Verlander gem.
E
AG
Verlander -> Devo -> Giles -> Go home to Kate Upton

Combined shutout... this is the dream right!?

Edited 11:18
byfLuger41
aTm2004
AG
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
astros4545
AG
^^^^^^^^^^
That's the dream

E said:

Verlander -> Devo -> Giles

Combined shutout... this is the dream right!?
E
BowSowy
AG
iBrad said:

How many people feel confident with Giles coming in to close a playoff game? He had a really good stretch recently, but outings like this don't build a lot of confidence.

Me. He's been absolutely dominant here in the second half. This comment is just such a typical meltdown comment

1.32 ERA, 0.91 WHIP, 1.62 FIP, 2.10 XFIP, 14.2 K/9, 2.0 BB/9 in the second half. Anyone saying they're nervous about him after what he's shown the entire second half is just an idiot.
iBrad
AG
Cruz with the walk off 2-run bomb off Allen to beat the Tribe.
iBrad
AG
Far from a meltdown. That's not my style at all. I recognized the good stretch he had. But he's had one clean appearance in his last seven outings, and that was a non-save eighth inning appearance. Continuing to put traffic on in the ninth will eventually bite you. Hopefully when the playoffs roll around, we'll get the Giles that's a little closer to dominant.

And your post was okay until the edit to add the idiot comment. Name calling doesn't enhance your argument. Just makes you look like a jack ass. I guess I'm an idiot for wanting my closer to be a little more efficient and have clean outings a little more often.
BowSowy
AG
iBrad said:

Far from a meltdown. That's not my style at all. I recognized the good stretch he had. But he's had one clean appearance in his last seven outings, and that was a non-save eighth inning appearance. Continuing to put traffic on in the ninth will eventually bite you. Hopefully when the playoffs roll around, we'll get the Giles that's a little closer to dominant.
Convenient cut-off, considering he had 3 clean appearances right before where you decided to cut it off. Giles has been a dominant closer in the second half. Although, judging by some comments here, he'd have to have a historic type season for some of y'all to trust him.
Ag_07
AG
I don't know if Lidge or Wagner spilled some of y'all but Giles has been nails and I'd take him over anyone but a select few in the majors.

And FWIW I fell every team feels the way same do about Giles.
Buck Compton
AG
People in this thread require the ultimate performance. It would pain them to hear that even Kimbrel has given up a few runs this year...

Giles has been nails. Enjoy this season.
Agmaniacmike12
I tried to calm down the cliff divers earlier this season and claimed that Giles may not be top tier, but he is 2nd tier. I appreciate Giles taking offense to that statement, he has been lights out for most of the 2nd half.
aggiematt235
AG
iBrad said:

And your post was okay until the edit to add the idiot comment. Name calling doesn't enhance your argument. Just makes you look like a jack ass. I guess I'm an idiot for wanting my closer to be a little more efficient and have clean outings a little more often.
uMad iBrad?
DVC2010
AG
I regret laughing at this.
titanmaster_race
Nvm
Pahdz
Buddy of mine posted a pic on Facebook of him with Kate last night, lucky bastage
3B Paul 97
AG
Pahdz said:

Buddy of mine posted a pic on Facebook of him with Kate last night, lucky bastage

Can you share? And edit him out?
NotGibbs
Just a reminder to shoot the tickets over to me when you get a chance
McInnis
AG
Quote:

Curious if the Angels were trying to argue for an infield fly call

I thought about that too, but it wouldn't have helped them would it? Runners advance at their own peril.

But this is what that rule was designed to prevent.
DVC2010
AG
You should see them any minute. Thanks for the reminder. I was leaving work as we were exchanging messages yesterday, and I forgot after the game.
NotGibbs
Just came through. Thanks again man
DVC2010
AG
I don't have a link since I'm looking at a notification on my phone, but today's lineup looks a lot like giving up the chase for top seed.
R-Dog
AG
DVC2010 said:

I don't have a link since I'm looking at a notification on my phone, but today's lineup looks a lot like giving up the chase for top seed.

Exactly my thought....

Altuve's third day off in a week (sat Sunday, Monday off day)

No Springer

Fisher, White and Kemp

Finally get some help from someone playing the Indians and we're not interested in making a move
rosco511
AG
iBrad said:

Considering that the best WHIP in the league is Kimbrel and it is 0.67, it is just a fact that basically most relievers are not going to have "clean" innings most of the time, and if they do, then they will also have some spectacular meltdowns on the days they do not have "clean" innings.
agcat
AG
Altuve off again?

Why? It's baseball. What, he's exhausted?

He needs four hits to get to 200. If you had asked me in July or August whether he would reach that milestone I would have said barring injury it was a slam dunk. Didn't foresee another September drop off in production and all the "needed rest".
First Page Last Page
Page 856 of 1723

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.