Price undergoes MRI

1,409 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/03/david-price-undergoes-mri-after-experiencing-elbow-soreness.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Ag_07
AG
So Quintana to the BoSox a done deal yet?
rwhitlock3
AG
Wow, so much for that Big Three in the rotation of that is true... At least his contract is affordable... hahaha!
mhayden
From SBNation:

Say Chowdah
AG
I'd really like to know what that guy has on the MLB to make him so much the go to. Is he the ONLY ortho surgeon with experience on ligaments and tendons?

There are probably 50 in the greater Boston area alone with as much experience as him.
aggiederelict
He gets paid to cut rather than not to.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think he'a done something like 4000 Tommy John surgeries with a 90%+ success rate. That's why they go.
mhayden
aggiederelict said:

He gets paid to cut rather than not to.

And the player gets paid to recover.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The guy does a lot to push prevention education. I also read an article a month or two ago where he's helping design a brace that may help prevent the injury. So I can't really call him cut first, ask questions later.

I think there are two big factors. #1 is year-round ball from a yoing age. #2 is that pitchers don't want to pitch in pain when this surgery is available. In past years, i think a lot of guys pushed thru the discomfort of partial tears. Now they opt for the surgery, get paid while rehabbing, and come back with the elbow feeling good.
corleoneAg99
AG
Per baseball savant, most pitches LH 95+ since 2008...Price leads baseball with 5711. Rest of top 5:

Chapman 5255

Thornton 3695

McGee 3180

Sale 2724
Beat40
corleoneAg99 said:

Per baseball savant, most pitches 95+ since 2008...Price leads baseball with 5711. Rest of top 5:

Chapman 5255

Thornton 3695

McGee 3180

Sale 2724

Almost 500 pitches For Chapman in last year's post season alone.
KT 90
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

The guy does a lot to push prevention education. I also read an article a month or two ago where he's helping design a brace that may help prevent the injury. So I can't really call him cut first, ask questions later.

I think there are two big factors. #1 is year-round ball from a yoing age. #2 is that pitchers don't want to pitch in pain when this surgery is available. In past years, i think a lot of guys pushed thru the discomfort of partial tears. Now they opt for the surgery, get paid while rehabbing, and come back with the elbow feeling good.

I think one of the bigger factors is the increased focus on velocity. More guys throwing harder out there, and more guys training to throw as hard as they can. The guys who just get people out with average velocity tend to get overlooked, so now that guy is focusing more on velocity to get noticed. So anyhow, more guys maxing it out tends to lead to more breakdowns.

mhayden
Looks like juts rest for 7-10 days at this point.
CorpsAg11
AG
Wow, that may be the first time I've seen the dreaded "2nd opinion" not result in TJ
DannyDuberstein
AG
CorpsAg11 said:

Wow, that may be the first time I've seen the dreaded "2nd opinion" not result in TJ

It does seem pretty rare. That said, look for it to happen in about a month.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.