*** 2017 Texags Dynasty Fantasy Baseball League ***

10,872 Views | 167 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by shano0603
Wrec86 Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Team List : (in orer of finish last year (according to Yahoo)

1. Milwaukee Beers - shano0603 - CONFIRMED
2. Anchorage Moosen - Wrec86 ag - CONFIRMED
3. South Padre Pelicans - Moxie - CONFIRMED
4. Preston Shorebirds - coreleoneag99 - CONFIRMED
5. The Woodlands Bubbles - aggie1906
6. Cincy Flying Pigs - FTACof2011 - CONFIRMED
7. Detroit Crime - texasaggie2015's friend
8. Winnepeg Americans - Donald Glover
9. Springfield Isotopes - Dan07
10. Las Vegas Broncos - Broncos - CONFIRMED
11. Cypress Woodpeckers - Frok
12. Texarkana Tortugas - texasaggie2015
13. Seabrook Shrimpers - nuke Laloosh - CONFIRMED
14. Aggieland Maroon Sox - navasotaag18

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD SO THAT WE KNOW YOU ARE PLAYING AGAIN.

Shano, I apologize for being slow with the trophy.... it's on the way and you and I can get together soon so that I can deliver it to you.

Reminders on rules (same as last year):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scoring - 12 categories
Head to Head weekly schedule. - The team that wins the most categories receives a win for the week. The other team will receive a loss. Ties are possible.

Hitting -
Runs Scored
Home Runs
Runs Batted In
Stolen Bases
Batting Average
On base + Slugging %

Pitching -
Wins
Losses (team with less losses wins)
Strikeouts
Earned run average
WHIP (walks + hits allowed per inning pitched)
Saves
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosters - as close to real life as possible.
C
1B
2B
SS
3B
OF
OF
OF
UTIL (DH)

5 Bench Spots - you can use these however you wish. Pitchers or Hitters

SP
SP
SP
SP
SP

RP
RP
RP
RP
RP
RP

2 DL spots for injured players
5 NA spots for minor league players
* The players have to be available to be placed there via the Yahoo server. Once they come off of their "DL" or "NA" designation, they will need to be moved to your starting roster before you can make another move.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playoffs - Top 6 teams, 1 and 2 seeds get bye weeks.

Post season - your team will be "locked" as soon as you are officially eliminated from the playoffs. The bottom 8 teams will be locked after the last regular season week. The top 6 teams will be locked immediately following their loss (or win for the champion)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Redraft the following year. Draft order will be determined by regular season W-L record for non-playoff teams. Playoff teams will be determined by playoff placement.

After keepers are determined (due one week before draft date), the draft order will be set. Each player will draft until their roster hits 25 players. (If you keep 18 players, you only participate in the first 7 rounds of the draft)

Any player that is not "kept" and is on the Yahoo draftboard is eligible for the draft.

We will have DAILY lineup changes, with a transaction limit of 3 per week. This means you can only pick up 3 free agents per week during the season. I am not sure if a trade counts as a "transaction" for this rule, it depends on how Yahoo distinguishes it. This is to try and stop the streaming of pitchers in order to gain an advantage.

Trades are allowed and encouraged. Seeing as this is a dynasty league, some teams that struggle can offload veterans to acquire youth and draft picks. Teams chasing the championship can do the opposite. I will only very rarely even question a trade, and that would be to make sure both sides of the transaction fully understand the trade they are performing, or if there is obvious collusion.

Dynasty (keeper) rules :

Year one - you will be able to keep up to 18 of your players after the season.

Going into year 1, every player is valued at 1 point.
Every consecutive year he is kept, he gains an additional point in value. (next year he is worth 2 points, etc)
If the player is traded, he retains his value
If a player is dropped, but picked up on waivers, he retains his value.
If a player is dropped, but clears waivers, he is reset to a value of 1 point.

Minor league prospects start at 1 point , but do not increase in value. (defined as less than 100 at bats for a hitter or 30 innings pitched for a pitcher). Once they make it to the big leagues, their clock will start.

Year 1, you have 18 points to keep players (this means that each owner will be able to keep 18 of his players)

Each year, I will increase the number of points owners will have to help offset the rising values, but still keep it strategic in which players they would like to keep.

Example :
Year 1 = 18 points
- you can keep 18 players. (worth 1 point)
Year 2 = 27 points
- you can keep 13 of the original players (worth 2 poitns) + 1 of your new players (worth 1 point) or
- you can keep 10 of your original players (worth 2 points) + 7 of your new players (worth 1 point)

My current thought plan is to increase the point value by 50% every year.... unless that gets funky.

The strategy here is that you need to find who your studs are and make sure you have a way to keep them over a long time. No matter how it turns out, I will make sure there is a balance between some teams keeping a few studs and struggling to fill the rest of their roster and the teams that can "re-set" and gain an advantage with a deeper roster. This will give some parity to the league and allow struggling teams a few strategies to employ to catch up.

Yes, Mike Trout is valued the same as a relief pitcher for this one year, but over time, it will even out to the value that we determine he is at.

These are the rules for the 2016 season. The buy in will be $25.

1st place gets 50% of the pot
2nd place gets 35%
3rd place gets 15%

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal me at Rmars47 at AOL.com with a comment on which poster your are so that I can cross your name off the list. If you can't paypal me, email me and we'll set up an alternative.

APRIL 2nd is opening day
My proposed draft day is Sunday March 26th at 7pm
My propsed keeper deadline is Thursday March 23rd at midnight.

You can set your own keepers via the "My Team" -> "Set Keepers" on the top toolbar.
Wrec86 Ag
Yahoo League Home Page
corleoneAg99
AG
Yep
Moxie
AG
I'm in. I'll PayPal you before the start date
Wrec86 Ag
Added corleone and Moxie to the "confirmed" list
Broncos
In
DeangeloVickers
AG
I'll get in if you have any openings
shoes
AG
Same here, I would like to join if anyone else backs out.
shano0603
AG
Im of course in..

I'm still waiting on my fantasy football trophy as well.
Wrec86 Ag
Got Broncos and Shano.

Shano - I paid for the trophy and confirmed the engraving. It should be showing up soon. I'll buy you a beer somewhere in Houston to make up for your lost time with the trophy.

Ryno and Shoes - I have you guys first on the "waiting list" and will let you know as we get closer to the league starting. If there are multiple teams available, then I will give the first person on the list the choice of team, and then so on.
shano0603
AG
Wrec86 Ag said:

Got Broncos and Shano.

Shano - I paid for the trophy and confirmed the engraving. It should be showing up soon. I'll buy you a beer somewhere in Houston to make up for your lost time with the trophy.

Ryno and Shoes - I have you guys first on the "waiting list" and will let you know as we get closer to the league starting. If there are multiple teams available, then I will give the first person on the list the choice of team, and then so on.

Works for me. I'm not sure if there was any prize money, but it can go towards helping pay for the trophy or whatever.

Is there any way to make it a dynasty league on yahoo? Where it's not just 5 inactives spots. So you don't have to bring a minor leaguer who comes up for 2 games to your active roster? Like they have to play a certain amount of time before they are forced into a roster spot? Last season I hated dropping a guy I was playing because Luis Severino couldn't get his **** together. Also, so we can add/drop minor leaguers without having to clear a main roster spot to do so?
corleoneAg99
AG
These are excellent questions.
Wrec86 Ag
I just spent 15 minutes reasearching the Yahoo website and looking elsewhere online and it doesn't appear that Yahoo has that capability. We look to be currently maximing the "dynasty" aspect of the Yahoo capabilities.

The only option we would have to do anything about all of the questions you asked is to change which website we use to run the league.
shano0603
AG
Wrec86 Ag said:

I just spent 15 minutes reasearching the Yahoo website and looking elsewhere online and it doesn't appear that Yahoo has that capability. We look to be currently maximing the "dynasty" aspect of the Yahoo capabilities.

The only option we would have to do anything about all of the questions you asked is to change which website we use to run the league.
I'm pretty sure ESPN has it. I'm not sure how everyone would feel about moving to that. I was really frustrated by the add/drop part of it, as well as having to make room on my rooster for Hunter Refroe, a September call-up and his 36 plate appearances. But there was no chance I could drop him.
corleoneAg99
AG
Pretty sure CBS can accommodate as well. And I'd be for moving because the add drop aspect when dealing with minors guys is a real beating.

If we need someone to help front a cost if there is one I'd be open to it.
k20dub
AG
If there's an open spot, let me know. Looking for a new league. Thanks
Represent830
AG
I'm interested if you got another spot.
shano0603
AG
I'll let Wrec address that. I'm not sure who all he has talked to. But just be aware that you will inherit a team that you will get to decide keepers on.
k20dub
AG
shano0603 said:

I'll let Wrec address that. I'm not sure who all he has talked to. But just be aware that you will inherit a team that you will get to decide keepers on.

That's fair.
Wrec86 Ag
Shano, your trophy has arrived.

Wrec86 Ag
k20dub said:

shano0603 said:

That's fair.
Correct. Any new person would inherit an "abandoned" team from a previous texags user.
Wrec86 Ag
Have not heard from these posters. If anyone knows them, please ask if they can post on this thread and confirm whether or not they can play.

13. Seabrook Shrimpers - nuke Laloosh

Waiting List :
Ryno01
shoes
k20dub
Represent830
k20dub
AG
shano0603
AG
Wrec86 Ag said:

Have not heard from these posters. If anyone knows them, please ask if they can post on this thread and confirm whether or not they can play.

Waiting List :
Ryno01
shoes
k20dub
Represent830
didnt nuke ask about paying from last year. And I'm sure 1906 is in
Kampfers
AG
Wrec86 Ag said:

Waiting List :
Ryno01
shoes
k20dub
Represent830
+1 on the waiting list i suppose

i'm way too addicted to fantasy baseball.

actually, if we scrounged up enough interest I'd be cool putting together a roto league that could run parallel to this. Allow the waitlisters a chance in and of course these members would be welcome to set up second teams over there.
AggieKO
AG
I'll play if someone is needed
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I'll play again... and actually try this year (the only reason shano won)

Who do I PayPal? And did I even pay for last year?
shano0603
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I'll play again... and actually try this year (the only reason shano won)

Who do I PayPal? And did I even pay for last year?
oh eat **** Nuke lol
k20dub
AG
Had this same thought. Could start a second league.
Moxie
AG
Never played Roto but I'd be down for another
corleoneAg99
AG
In for the second roto league....
Wrec86 Ag
Added Nuke to the Confirmed list. Here is the list I am waiting on.

Overall Timeline

Need confirmations from returning players - 3/19
Replacements filled in (if needed) - 3/22
Keepers set in system - 3/23 at midnight
Draft - weekend of 3/25 - 3/26 (or close to it)
Opening Day - 4/2

So anyone on the "waiting list", make a note to come back to this thread on 3/19 - 3/22
Represent830
AG
I've never played a roto/categories league so I'd be interested if the side league goes.
Moxie
AG
So if I did the keepers part correct, I checked 23. 18 of which are starters from last year and 5 minor leaguers. Are you going to be verifying all of the keepers?
shano0603
AG
Moxie said:

So if I did the keepers part correct, I checked 23. 18 of which are starters from last year and 5 minor leaguers. Are you going to be verifying all of the keepers?

Minor leaguers have to be a part of the 18 I would think.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.