Gomez and Desmond sign

2,709 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BMX Bandit
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gomez - Rangers 1yr $11.5M

A bit more than I thought, but 1 year is good. Who is after that? Another FA?

Desmond - Rockies 5yr $70M

No way I give Desmond 5 years, but at $14M per... that last 2 years are cheap. Say $17M each for 3, then $10M each for 2 years.

Rangers set at OF.

Now 1 more SP. Colby?

1B? Another OF, so Choo can DHL? How is Hamilton? Sober? Taking shots of tequila off of half new kid women?
PacifistAg
AG
My preference (granted, it's not my money)"

• Sign Encarnacion for 1B
  • Choo DH
  • Profar/Gomez/Mazar in the OF
  • See if you have the package to trade for Quintana. If not, bring back Colby.
mhayden
Would have taken Desmond at $14m/year for 3 years... Might have been able to talk me into 4 depending on how the contract was structured.

5? No thanks. There's still a lot of question about which Ian Desmond you're going to get right now -- can't imagine what it will be like at age 36.
Ag_07
AG
Are you aware there is a Rangers thread for offseason signings and what not?

Why the new threads everytime there is a signing or trade?
PacifistAg
AG
Ag_07 said:

Odd response given that there was a thread for the Beltran signing that you were the first to respond to. You didn't seem concerned about new threads being created for FA signings then.

Is your response based on who the associated player signs with?
Ag_07
AG
The Beltran thread wasn't specific to the Rangers and didn't have a long drawn out analysis of how it affects what moves they make.

Take it to your own thread and save the rest of us the agony of having to read your whining. We don't need 8 Ranger offseason threads.
PacifistAg
AG
Ag_07 said:

The Beltran thread wasn't specific to the Rangers and didn't have a long drawn out analysis of how it affects what moves they make.

Take it to your own thread and save the rest of us the agony of having to read your whining. We don't need 8 Ranger offseason threads.
Why would the Beltran thread be specific to the Rangers? It was specific to an Astros signing. This one was involving more than 1 team. It's okay if you have differing standards.

Also, who here is whining other than you?
DallasAg 94
Ag_07 said:

Sorry. I guess I was looking beyond the myopic opinion and view of Rangers fans.

Here, did you see this?!

Quote:

Desmond - Rockies 5yr $70M

TXAggie2011
AG
The Beltran thread was just someone amazed at how much money he got...not another DA94 (mini) analysis of the Rangers roster.

TXAggie2011
AG
DallasAg was all about giving Desmond 4 years, $80 million early in the summer.

Desmond has to be upset DA94 isn't running the Rangers.

PacifistAg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

The Beltran thread was just someone amazed at how much money he got...not another DA94 (mini) analysis of the Rangers roster.

Which, using Ag_07 logic, should have been on the Astros thread and not it's very own thread, because apparently we only have a limited number of threads available to use. I mean, there are threads on page 1 that haven't been posted on for 2 months. We'd hate for an unnecessary thread to bump those to page 2.
TV Casualty
AG
Ag_07 said:

Or you could just stay in your Astros safe space thread and not read any of the others.
BMX Bandit
Ag_07 said:

this is by far the the worst part of what is otherwise one of the best boards on texags.

people get butt hurt when a poster wants to discuss a team related topics. don't want to participate? don't click. easy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.