Carlos Beltran

3,272 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ag_07
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
According to Yahoo Sports is now an Astro for 15,000,000.00.
Ag_07
AG
1 year for 15M is better than 2 months for a #4 pick and then some
monarch
S
Shocked myself; guy is 40 years old
TXAggie2011
AG
He's still been a productive player. Maybe not $15 million worth but ehhh.

The Astros are certainly getting aggressive and really gunning for it in 2017.
Matsui
AG
Welcome back!
Farmer1906
AG
If he produces anywhere like last year (17th in OPS, 18th in wRC+ ) then it'll be money well spent.
PatAg
AG
aggie1906 said:

If he produces anywhere like last year (17th in OPS, 18th in wRC+ ) then it'll be money well spent.
except for the playoffs
Farmer1906
AG
PatAg said:

aggie1906 said:

except for the playoffs
11 AB sample size.
jopatura
AG
This makes me irrationally angry. I hated that fool the moment he left. I went to the whole first series at home against the Mets the next season. It was one of the best energies I've ever felt at MMP. I know it's the deals of baseball, but he's the one guy I just cannot root for.
E
AG
I'm hoping he can duplicate the type numbers he had with the Yankees last year
Clavell
AG
Me too!!!!

until last week
BMX Bandit
jopatura said:

This makes me irrationally angry. I hated that fool the moment he left. I went to the whole first series at home against the Mets the next season. It was one of the best energies I've ever felt at MMP. I know it's the deals of baseball, but he's the one guy I just cannot root for.

That energy paled in comparison to the electrifying excitement generated by every single Beltran playoff at-bat as an Astro
CorpsAg11
AG
Beltran looking great in Spring / WBC action. Should be well worth the money.
Cheo
BMX Bandit said:

jopatura said:

That energy paled in comparison to the electrifying excitement generated by every single Beltran playoff at-bat as an Astro

Absolutely. I for one never thought the boos were not cool, especially 5-10 years after the fact. Glad Carlos is back home! He will add a veteran presence and the guy is a good hitter.
irish pete ag06
AG
Booing Carlos Beltran became a cult tradition. I would bet that 8 out of 10 Astros fans that were booing had no idea why they were booing; they were just joining in with the rest.

Beltran is going to kill it for the Astros. He's exactly what they need in that lineup.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Cheo said:

BMX Bandit said:

jopatura said:

Absolutely. I for one never thought the boos were not cool, especially 5-10 years after the fact. Glad Carlos is back home! He will add a veteran presence and the guy is a good hitter.

So you did or did not think the boos were cool?
Ag_07
AG
I'm amped about Beltran. Think he'll be great both on and off the field.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.