Ray DeLeon of Banditos Arrested in Prostitution Sting

17,852 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MooseJr1994
Thriller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know many, many parents who sent or wanted to send their kids to play for this guy.

As an aside - whatever happened to the TV show that was supposed to be produced about Banditos/DeLeon?

http://www.khou.com/sports/tomball-baseball-coach-arrested-in-prostitution-sting/259683009?c
TXAggie2011
AG
A select baseball coach of less than the highest moral conscience...I'm shocked.

But on a serious note, that's terrible. Good to hear of a crackdown on it.
titanmaster_race
I thought you were talking about The Banditos the band.

Phew.
CampingAg
AG
Holy cow
DWren
I have wondered forever how so many send their kids to play for Ray.
I never let my kids play for him.

Between his meltdowns , him and his Brothers drug use and his assult charges... It's baffling he still runs teams.
Maybe now after a prostitution solicitation arrest it may come crashing down.
We'll see

DannyDuberstein
AG
Well, when you're in Waco, there isn't anything better to do than get your carrot wet. Even if you have to pay for it.
Corporal Punishment
AG
What age group does he coach?
kevmiller
He is head of the organization.. Has teams 7u-18u.
He makes rounds with all age levels however

From what I understand , parents of younger teams have to pay an additional $50 to him at the games he shows up to.

His brother who also helps run the teams did some time a few years back for drugs.

astros4545
AG
Consenting actions between adults being illegal
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
Consenting actions between adults being illegal
Oh, you think that girl at the strip club actually thought you were cute...

You poor thing.

astros4545
AG
What
TXAggie2011
AG
I mean that I don't generally think prostitution involves two consenting adults in any proper sense of the word "consenting."
CampingAg
AG
quote:
He is head of the organization.. Has teams 7u-18u.
He makes rounds with all age levels however

From what I understand , parents of younger teams have to pay an additional $50 to him at the games he shows up to.

His brother who also helps run the teams did some time a few years back for drugs.

If my son was playing a game, and a head honcho showed up unannounced and said I had to pay $50 for his presence at the game, I would promptly get my son from the dugout and we'd go join a different select program.
DannyDuberstein
AG
P***y always costs something. Prostitution at least makes the price very clear.
MAROON
AG
guy is the biggest POS in youth sports and that is saying something.

In the end your actions will catch up with you. Hope that organization crashes to the ground, but it probably won't. There are plenty of stupid parents out there willing to overlook his character flaws if they think by playing for that organization that Little Johnny will get a college scholarship.
Phil Garner
Word in baseball circles is he is setting someone up to take the fall.
W
AG
sent quite a few players to Aggieland thru the years
TheAngelFlight
Trash
Phil Garner
DeLeon is Baylor football personified. There are a lot more skeletons in that closet. Instead of a BOR, he has parents that turned a blind eye and many of them still will.
mm98
AG
quote:
How on earth does this guy have this kind of power? I admit I know nothing about select/premier bb as it started after I got out of high school bb.
Sandman98
AG
Anyone who has encountered the Banditos (All locations), knows the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. It is a haven for thug coaches with no formidable baseball background who rob naive parents and practice intimidation more than instruction.

It's a freak show.
Thriller
AG
quote:
Anyone who has encountered the Banditos (All locations), knows the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. It is a haven for thug coaches with no formidable baseball background who rob naive parents and practice intimidation more than instruction.

It's a freak show.

Truth
Phil Garner
The org. is named after a gang and that is the culture. Yet, people still sign up their kids and are suprised the guy who created the culture is a terrible human being.

Signing up for them is poor parenting.
Corporal Punishment
AG
quote:

What does this mean? Can you elaborate?
KT 90
AG
quote:
quote:

What does this mean? Can you elaborate?

While I am not positive as to what the above poster was referring to, I am going to assume he meant that they will try to pin this on one of the other people that were in the room.

"DeLeon's attorney told KTRK that the arrest didn't have anything to do with human trafficking and that there were several other men in the hotel room, but DeLeon was arrested because all of the communication occurred on his phone."

LINK

Sandman98
AG
They march their 8 year old teams in a line through a tournament complex blasting music and carrying giant flags. That's nothing more than thug grown ups trying to beat other 8 year olds before the game starts.
Phil Garner
He showed up to Atlanta to coach his marquee team/s this week to ensure everyone that it was wrong place, wrong time and a mis-understanding. That is contextual only, but the college coaches were chatting it up and passing around the rumor that someone was going to take the fall.

Not sure what that means exactly, but it is also pretty obvious. I heard nothing of substance, but I that is the word and it wouldn't suprised me.

Dude was hiring illigal alien prostitutes, has daughters at home and a beautiful wife, cusses out 10 yr olds, makes a ton of money as a baseball salesman...He has gained the world, but lost his soul...he'll do anything to get that world back.
Phil Garner
http://usatodayhss.com/2016/renowned-texas-club-baseball-coach-arrested-in-prostitution-sting

Was told by a former player that Ray would have strange women in hotel rooms as well...peep holes were reversed so the players could watch the action.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He seems like the type of poser that would have gotten himself rounded up in the Twin Peaks shootout arrests.
mAgnoliAg
AG
He coached me. I was also friends with Kohl Stewart, Nick Banks, And knew of a few more. He's sent a ton of people to the aggie baseball program and built the craziest club program ever with like 30 something straight national championships. This being said he never seemed like a good upstanding individual when he coached me.
mAgnoliAg
AG
And yeah I was 11 when he coached me and he definitely cussed us out constantly
CampingAg
AG
quote:
He seems like the type of poser that would have gotten himself rounded up in the Twin Peaks shootout arrests.

And here we thought they were referring to the Banditos biker gang...
MAROON
AG
quote:
He coached me. I was also friends with Kohl Stewart, Nick Banks, And knew of a few more. He's sent a ton of people to the aggie baseball program and built the craziest club program ever with like 30 something straight national championships. This being said he never seemed like a good upstanding individual when he coached me.
in your opinion was the coaching you received form him and his staff top notch or was the reason your teams were so successful were because you had the most talented players?

mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
quote:
in your opinion was the coaching you received form him and his staff top notch or was the reason your teams were so successful were because you had the most talented players?

That was a long time ago so I couldn't give you a good answer to that. He obviously knows what he's doing. That was actually my school baseball team that he coached with a couple other guys. Kohl and banks were always what I looked to as why our school won everything.
Ryan34
AG
quote:

They haven't even been in existence for 30 years. I'm also not that old and can say they weren't even close to the top team in the state when I was playing.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.