HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

429,669 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
He hit a mammoth foul ball then got a bit hosed on a called 3rd strike just off the plate. Even the quality of his K's has improved now that he's out of that ****bird franchise.

Ol Danny can tell everything about a player in 1 game. You're such a stud.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
There's his first k. Did his helmet fall off?
If it did, Houston paid for him to pick it up.

Shut it down, lets go home!!
dave94
AG
https://www.facebook.com/Rangers/videos/10157327996085384/
Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:
quote:
He hit a mammoth foul ball then got a bit hosed on a called 3rd strike just off the plate. Even the quality of his K's has improved now that he's out of that ****bird franchise.

And you Astro nerds would have been chirping away had he gone 0-4. He didn't, and the party line is now "well, he's going to suck again soon.....we just know it".

God it has to be a miserable time to be an Astro fan.
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
I realized this evening that Duck Patrol is a Cowboy fan. Houston folks that are cowboy fans = the original bandwagoners. So much secret self loathing has to be going on when they call out Ranger fans as bandwagoners.

Thats a lot of dumbassness in one quote, pal. I'm not from Dallas or Houston, so I guess I can't have any pro teams? And just to let you know, I've been a fan of both forever, through the early 90s of the Astros and the Dave Campo/Chan Gailey heads of the Cowboys. No bandwagon fan here... I didn't change allegiances when a certain team started winning around 2010ish.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
You're going to call someone a dumb ass and then trot out that same tired crap?
Gigem Trevas
quote:
quote:
I realized this evening that Duck Patrol is a Cowboy fan. Houston folks that are cowboy fans = the original bandwagoners. So much secret self loathing has to be going on when they call out Ranger fans as bandwagoners.

Thats a lot of dumbassness in one quote, pal. I'm not from Dallas or Houston, so I guess I can't have any pro teams? And just to let you know, I've been a fan of both forever, through the early 90s of the Astros and the Dave Campo/Chan Gailey heads of the Cowboys. No bandwagon fan here... I didn't change allegiances when a certain team started winning around 2010ish.

Sea Bass.
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
You're going to call someone a dumb ass and then trot out that same tired crap?
Don't think I called anyone a dumbass...just said it was a stupid quote. If was a bandwagon Cowboys fan, why would I be rooting for the Astros? Don't you think I would've become a Rangers fan like the rest of y'all in 2010ish, when they started to be good?
Sea Gull
AG
I wish I had the :-| emoticon for statements like this. Apparently only one person has ever liked the Astros and Cowboys...stupid.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
become a Rangers fan like the rest of y'all in 2010ish
Still one of the dumbest "smack talk" statements in use today.
DannyDuberstein
AG
When you pick and choose different cities' sports teams to root for based on how good they were at the time you were picking, then yes, you are a bandwagoner. Just because you haven't hopped off doesn't change that. You are also right in that you are not the only one like this. You have company. Otherwise your band wouldn't need a wagon.
DannyDuberstein
AG
And I've already owned the **** out of that 2010 thing on this thread since the Rangers outdrew the stros for a few decades leading up to 2010. Rich coming from an outdrawn astros bandwagoner.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
quote:

I can just tell relief from being away from Houston city limits when I see it.

The quality of K's comment was clearly a joke to most functioning humans, but then again, I have a feeling the joke is going to end up on the astros. As it usually is.
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
When you pick and choose different cities' sports teams to root for based on how good they were at the time you were picking, then yes, you are a bandwagoner. Just because you haven't hopped off doesn't change that. You are also right in that you are not the only one like this. You have company. Otherwise your band wouldn't need a wagon.
I grew up watching the Astros and the Cowboys...I'm a lifelong fan. Not sure how the equates to picking and choosing. Were the Cowboys good when I first remember watching (Jimmy's first year), yeah, and obviously they were badass in the next few years to come. My parents were Cowboys fans, so I was. Same with the Astros, only they weren't good. So, obviously it didn't matter how good the teams were at the time. And, if I was a Green Bay fan or something like that, I could see how it would be considered "bandwagoning." But since Dallas and Houston were about an equal drive for me, I think I'm ok.
Sea Gull
AG
quote:
And I've already owned the **** out of that 2010 thing on this thread since the Rangers outdrew the stros for a few decades leading up to 2010. Rich coming from an outdrawn astros bandwagoner.
The fact that you're going to such lengths to defend the whole 2010 thing means we must've hit some truth somewhere.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
The fact that you're going to such lengths to defend the whole 2010 thing means we must've hit some truth somewhere.
Who's defending it? It's just stupid. When someone becomes a fan is irrelevant.
aggietony2010
AG
It's the Houston fans that have to keep redirecting the conversation to bandwagon smack. Guess what, you should want fans jumping on your bandwagon, because it means you've had success. Do you make sure that the fans sitting next to you have been supporting the stros since birth before you high five them? Or are you usually stuck highfiving empty seats?

And even the bandwagon smack has been refuted by attendance figures. Unless there's some fangraph stat that I'm unaware of that represents "real" attendance better than actual attendance figures.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
The Rangers have more cluster luck attendance. They will regress.
mhayden
Based on $/WAR value, Texas could drop Carlos Gomez today and he already basically paid for himself with that homerun.
mhayden
And glossed over a bit by the Gomez homerun -- the guy who literally said "no I don't want to be an Astro" last year:

8IP / 2H / 0ER vs one of the best teams in the American League.

He's quietly become a legitimate Cy Young contender.
PacifistAg
AG
I don't even see it as being a "bandwagon" fan. I see it more as a fairweather fan. When teams like the Astros and Rangers are good, the attendance is up. When they suck, attendance is down. Those fans that stop coming aren't jumping over to some other team. I'm sure all those Astros fans that stopped coming to games during their tear down still considered themselves Astros fans. It's not like they became Giants fans and only returned when the Astros started winning again.

A bandwagon fan jumps from team to team. A fairweather fan doesn't, but simply becomes disinterested when the team sucks. The Rangers and Astros have a lot of fairweather fans, as do most teams in baseball. Only a select few will still pack the house when the team is down.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
And glossed over a bit by the Gomez homerun -- the guy who literally said "no I don't want to be an Astro" last year:

I was SO hoping that he'd get the complete game.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
I don't even see it as being a "bandwagon" fan. I see it more as a fairweather fan. When teams like the Astros and Rangers are good, the attendance is up. When they suck, attendance is down. Those fans that stop coming aren't jumping over to some other team. I'm sure all those Astros fans that stopped coming to games during their tear down still considered themselves Astros fans. It's not like they became Giants fans and only returned when the Astros started winning again.

A bandwagon fan jumps from team to team. A fairweather fan doesn't, but simply becomes disinterested when the team sucks. The Rangers and Astros have a lot of fairweather fans, as do most teams in baseball. Only a select few will still pack the house when the team is down.
The Rangers are still one of the top 10 in attendance, and a full 5K per game better than the Astros.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:

I was SO hoping that he'd get the complete game.
Honestly, I don't know why he's not getting more Cy Young love.
PacifistAg
AG
Yes, and it seems as though when both franchises go through lows, the Rangers will still be in that 15-20 range in attendance whereas the Astros dip much further.

But, all franchises have their share of fairweather fans. This "Rangers fans didn't exist until 2010" is just silliness.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Well by all accounts I never saw a peice of Astros attire on campus until last fall so I guess Stros fans didn't start until 2015
TexasRebel
AG
Did you finally YouTube instructions for the doorknob on your dorm?
Player To Be Named Later
AG
I'm glad we signed Gomez..... this thread was getting boring after the Astros decided to tank another season.
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
I'm glad we signed Gomez..... this thread was getting boring after the Astros decided to tank another season.
You're right. Gomez fits right in on the 2012 Orioles Part Deux
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Anybody would be happy to get off of the AAAA Astros team. He probably wishes he had pulled a Hamels and refused to go there in the first place.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:
You're right. Gomez fits right in on the 2012 Orioles Part Deux
There's another similarity w/ this year and 2012 that you forgot to mention. In both years, the Astros will have watched the playoffs from their living rooms. Considering the purpose of the regular season is to get to the playoffs, I'll take it.
Ag_07
AG
Man you guys suck.

Not gonna lie...It's been rough lately.
irish pete ag06
AG
By the way, one of your idiot fans said the Rangers have STILL have a top 3 farm system.

He may want to update his bookmark.
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/193317666/midseason-ranking-of-mlbs-top-10-farm-systems/

Not even top 10 anymore.

Better hope Jeff and Jon's deal with the devil cashes in on a ring.
MooreTrucker
AG
And the Astros move up from 10 into that #3 spot, and yet.....
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
By the way, one of your idiot fans said the Rangers have STILL have a top 3 farm system.

He may want to update his bookmark.
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/193317666/midseason-ranking-of-mlbs-top-10-farm-systems/

Not even top 10 anymore.

Better hope Jeff and Jon's deal with the devil cashes in on a ring.
Not worried at all. JD has shown he's more than capable of restocking the system without gutting the MLB club. And what "deal with the devil" are you talking about? It's common for teams that have a WS as their goal to look to upgrade the MLB club using prospects. JD isn't afraid to make a deal. It's not a bad quality to have in a GM.
First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.