HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

430,890 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
GrapevineAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Make it a dozen...

We fixed the keg
AG
3B Paul 97
AG
quote:
Make it a dozen...

Does that boot belong to Dora the Explorer. That is gay as ***** Good for you?
Ag2012
AG
Das Boot.
GrapevineAg
AG
Whatever, that's 12 of them up your ass.
Gigem Trevas
quote:

Coming home to daddy. Again.
Cappo
AG
quote:

Never had a doubt
3B Paul 97
AG
quote:
Whatever, that's 12 of them up your ass.

At least the keg guy posted a pic of the right one. You should be embarrassed.
Ag2012
AG
WRTS
GrapevineAg
AG
u mad bro?
3B Paul 97
AG
Not at all. Sitting here laughing thinking how you were so ready to post that pic right after the last out and you had that ******y boot queued up thinking it would be awesome. Good thing you thought it through.
GrapevineAg
AG
6.5 games back, 2-10 against the 1st place Rangers this season, your own fans being drowned out by Rangers fans... you should be mad.

It's only a ****ty boot when the Astros don't win it.
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
6.5 games back, 2-10 against the 1st place Rangers this season, your own fans being drowned out by Rangers fans... you should be mad.

THEY WERE ASTROS FANS IN 2010.
GrapevineAg
AG
And I was going to Rangers games as a kid in 1976, so F you!
3B Paul 97
AG
quote:

You poor thing. I didn't realize the hardships you had been through. Now it is clear why pretty shiny boots mean so much to you.
Ag2012
AG
quote:
quote:

You poor thing. I didn't realize the hardships you had been through. Now it is clear why pretty shiny boots mean so much to you.
Because the Astros have such an illustrious history.
mhayden
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's actually one of the most storied franchises of all time.

Oh **** wait nevermind... Major League Baseball realized they were so insignificant and lacked any clout that they made them the first team to be forced to switch leagues since the 1800's!
TexasRebel
AG
Tell me again who invented indoor baseball?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm surprised we haven't heard the "Rangers had no fans prior to 2010" argument recently. Maybe I finally doused that one when I pointed out they outdrew the Astros over the 20 years before that. Lots Ranger chants heard on the televison tonight.
dave94
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh **** wait nevermind... Major League Baseball realized they were so insignificant and lacked any clout that they made them the first team to be forced to switch leagues since the 1800's!
Ag2012
AG
quote:
Tell me again who invented indoor baseball?
Philadelphia.
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
I'm surprised we haven't heard the "Rangers had no fans prior to 2010" argument recently. Maybe I finally doused that one when I pointed out they outdrew the Astros over the 20 years before that. Lots Ranger chants heard on the televison tonight.

Wat? Care to put some numbers up instead of just throwing that out there.
Joe Exotic
AG
There was a female poster that put them up and we don't speak of her. I'll see if I can find the old thread.
Joe Exotic
AG
http://texags.com/forums/6/topics/2294458
Gigem Trevas
Wow. Looks like one team strengthened itself by going out and getting an all star catcher while the other stood pat.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
Make it a dozen...

Does that boot belong to Dora the Explorer. That is gay as ***** Good for you?
Nah, that's a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader boot.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
quote:

1990-2009:

Rangers - 51.3MM fans
Astros - 48.4MM fans

http://ballparksofbaseball.com/1990-99attendance.htm
http://ballparksofbaseball.com/2000-09attendance.htm

The "johnny come lately" fanbase y'all like to dog showed up in larger #'s by 40% in the 90's and was consistent over both decades - 25MM in one and 26MM in the other. Astros attendance was much more fairweather and bandwagon - 17MM in one decade and 30MM in the other.
Ag2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

1990-2009:

Rangers - 51.3MM fans
Astros - 48.4MM fans

The "johnny come lately" fanbase y'all like to dog showed up in larger #'s by 40% in the 90's and was consistent over both decades - 25MM in one and 26MM in the other. Astros attendance was much more fairweather and bandwagon - 17MM in one decade and 30MM in the other.
Apparently there are fewer true Astros fans in Houston than fans of out of market WNBA basketball: http://deadspin.com/an-astros-game-had-just-1-000-tv-viewers-1333179616/1335653071
DannyDuberstein
AG
Btw, I usually hate attendance smack. Hate it. But when one is going to talk **** about the history and dedication of a fanbase with absolutely no basis in reality or credibilty, i will call you on your bull*****
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
quote:

THEY WERE ASTROS FANS IN 2010.

This was a straight troll post BTW (hence, the sunglasses emoji). Thanks for feeding me. NOM NOM NOM NOM
Cappo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

1990-2009:

Rangers - 51.3MM fans
Astros - 48.4MM fans

Apparently there are fewer true Astros fans in Houston than fans of out of market WNBA basketball: http://deadspin.com/an-astros-game-had-just-1-000-tv-viewers-1333179616/1335653071
LOL
BassCowboy33
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm a Rangers fan, but didn't Milwaukee switch from ALC to NLC after 1997?
irish pete ag06
AG
Yes, but, narrative.
mhayden
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm a Rangers fan, but didn't Milwaukee switch from ALC to NLC after 1997?

Milwaukee was given a choice.

Astros were strong-armed into it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Milwaukee wanted to flip leagies and did it voluntarily. They offered it to KC who declined. Brewers said yes. If they'd said no, they would have offered the chance to the Twins. The Brewers would have jumped on it first because they really wanted to do it, but since Selig was commish, they offered the chance to another team (KC) first to try to avoid the appearance of favoritism/impropriety.

Crane was forced to do it. Hence, the term "forced".
First Page Last Page
Page 80 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.