HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

432,968 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
747Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JD yesterday, at the trade deadline:

hawk1689
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Obviously the Rangers made more/better moves at the deadline and I hope they pan out over the next couple years, because that is your new window of opportunity.

People thought this in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2015 too. The major leagues are littered with Jon Daniels draft picks and signings. And yet somehow the Rangers have four players under the age of 22 that every team in the league covets and only one major free agent to figure out after the window that you think they're under. You might want to be concerned about your GM trading away TORP for struggling relievers and 30 year old center fielders that hit at the Mendoza line before you concern yourself with the Rangers talent pool.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Obviously the Rangers made more/better moves at the deadline and I hope they pan out over the next couple years, because that is your new window of opportunity.

People thought this in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2015 too. The major leagues are littered with Jon Daniels draft picks and signings. And yet somehow the Rangers have four players under the age of 22 that every team in the league covets and only one major free agent to figure out after the window that you think they're under. You might want to be concerned about your GM trading away TORP for struggling relievers and 30 year old center fielders that hit at the Mendoza line before you concern yourself with the Rangers talent pool.

Saw an amazing stat yesterday. Since 2004, the Rangers have had 26 first round draft picks. The highest WAR they've received from any of those picks was 3.6 (Tommy Hunter). Given the amount of success they've had over that period, and how deep the farm system has consistently been, it really is a testament to how well run this organization is. Clearly nailing it on the international market and finding gems in later rounds of the draft. But, it really speaks to their player development to keep churning out prospects that everyone wants.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Saw an amazing stat yesterday. Since 2004, the Rangers have had 26 first round draft picks. The highest WAR they've received from any of those picks was 3.6 (Tommy Hunter). Given the amount of success they've had over that period, and how deep the farm system has consistently been, it really is a testament to how well run this organization is. Clearly nailing it on the international market and finding gems in later rounds of the draft. But, it really speaks to their player development to keep churning out prospects that everyone wants.

And the amount of rings they have to show for it is impressive.

Before you ask...Yes. I know how many the Astros have as well.
747Ag
AG
quote:
Had to look up WAR. Admittedly, I am something of a baseball dummy.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
One team celebrating coming back from a blown save to pull within five and a half games of first in their division. The other team celebrating taking the sole spot of first place in the league while getting marks for one of the trade deadline winners.

You are not very good at this are you ?
Through the eyes of an Astros fan, probably not, but from the rest of the baseball world the phrase is "nailed it".

Look, there are very few NATIONAL sports writers who are pro-Astros or pro-Rangers. Most writers are focused on the Cardinals, Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, Giants, Red Sox and the like. When they, along with the Rangers fans, recognize the Rangers killed it by getting a big time DH and filling our gap at catcher without losing Profar, Mazara, Odor, or Gallo, that should tell you something.

You can pretend all you want that the Astros made the right call by doing nothing all you want, but it is all a load of crap. The Astros team played some of their best ball between the end of June and the end of July while the Rangers played their worst of the season. In the end, the Rangers are in sole possession of first place in the American league with a 5.5 game division lead over the Astros who also happen to be 2.5 games out of the last wild card spot.

Add to that, the Rangers are coming off a 4 game sweep of the Royals and the Astros were swept by the Tigers after losing the series to the Yankees. All of which were capped off by the Rangers making 2 of the 5 biggest trades at the deadline while the Astros decided just to hang tight. So, to answer your question, "Yes, I am very good at this."

By all means, try and convince yourself that any of the above is not true. Continue to believe that doing nothing was the right move when 2017 brings an end to contracts for Rasmus, Valbueno, Castro, Fister, and Gomez. Not to mention that Keuchel, Gattis, Gonzalez, Fiers, and more are in arbitration after this year. I am sure that will go a long way in convincing the free agents to re-ink with the team that decided not to bolster the line-up in an effort to put together a winning roster this year.

I guess we are to believe you absolutely believe Castro/Gattis are WAY BETTER then Lucroy/Beltran. If only it were evidenced by teams desperately trying to trade prospects for them........

Good post. However, you'll soon learn not to engage with 281. He's a child with a limited range of "smack" and not worth messing with.
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:

And the amount of rings they have to show for it is impressive.

Before you ask...Yes. I know how many the Astros have as well.
Two pennants is impressive, even if they didn't win the WS. But yes, we have as many rings as the Astros have wins in the WS.
ebdb_bnb
quote:
Between the GM's and managers, the Rangers have both more professionalism and balls than Lunhow or Himch could dream about. JD and Banister are going to punk those two for years to home. Completely overmatched.
How many wins does all of that professionalism get you? You would bend over in heart beat if JD or Banister looked at you, right Danny?
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Had to look up WAR. Admittedly, I am something of a baseball dummy.
Yeah, and you know me. It's the only WAR I approve of.
TexasRebel
AG
But what is it good for?
747Ag
AG
quote:
But what is it good for?

MooreTrucker
AG
Absolutely nothin'.
DannyDuberstein
AG
You're obsessed aith me bending over in front of things. Having trouble suppressing those latent homosexual tendencies? Maybe whoever starred your oost can help fulfill them.
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
When you feel the need to do the mic drop gif for yourself it screams insecurity.
When this is your only comeback, it screams you just got told. Oh, and I will keep my eye out for the next time a rapper has someone else drop the mic for him/her.
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
Obviously the Rangers made more/better moves at the deadline and I hope they pan out over the next couple years, because that is your new window of opportunity. Yes the Astros did nothing which makes me and many other Astros fans mad.

The "you're not very good at this" comment was obviously directed at your level of smack talk. It is not good. Not at all. Looking past the obvious lack of awareness on what the poster meant by the comment and the ensuing rant... Did you really mic drop yourself? That's worse than giving yourself a blue star. In fact, it's one of the more sad things I've seen on this website. Congrats!
Lack of awareness? Rich. I have spent the last week enjoying the roller coaster of emotions and "horn-esque" delusion on the Astros thread. Watching you guys go from a team that was going to catch/pass the Rangers before our upcoming series, make the same big deals at trade deadline, etc. etc. etc. and then be left to celebrate a blown/save win as your consolation prize was great. Only made better by knowing at the same time you had to watch the hated Rangers move into sole possession of first in the American League.

Deny it all you want. Come up with whatever cute quip that helps you sleep. It is almost like you guys think we don't have access to your thread.
Cynical_Texan
AG
The trade deadline... yet another thing the Astros suck at compared to the Rangers.

The Astros GM actually made me laugh out loud yesterday. Did another GM say anything about other teams deals after the trade deadline like he did the Rangers?

He has little man syndrome like most of the Astros posters.

mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
quote:
When you feel the need to do the mic drop gif for yourself it screams insecurity.
When this is your only comeback, it screams you just got told. Oh, and I will keep my eye out for the next time a rapper has someone else drop the mic for him/her.

Wow you are an incredible tool
FW Declerk
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
One team celebrating coming back from a blown save to pull within five and a half games of first in their division. The other team celebrating taking the sole spot of first place in the league while getting marks for one of the trade deadline winners.

Through the eyes of an Astros fan, probably not, but from the rest of the baseball world the phrase is "nailed it".

Look, there are very few NATIONAL sports writers who are pro-Astros or pro-Rangers. Most writers are focused on the Cardinals, Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, Giants, Red Sox and the like. When they, along with the Rangers fans, recognize the Rangers killed it by getting a big time DH and filling our gap at catcher without losing Profar, Mazara, Odor, or Gallo, that should tell you something.

You can pretend all you want that the Astros made the right call by doing nothing all you want, but it is all a load of crap. The Astros team played some of their best ball between the end of June and the end of July while the Rangers played their worst of the season. In the end, the Rangers are in sole possession of first place in the American league with a 5.5 game division lead over the Astros who also happen to be 2.5 games out of the last wild card spot.

Add to that, the Rangers are coming off a 4 game sweep of the Royals and the Astros were swept by the Tigers after losing the series to the Yankees. All of which were capped off by the Rangers making 2 of the 5 biggest trades at the deadline while the Astros decided just to hang tight. So, to answer your question, "Yes, I am very good at this."

By all means, try and convince yourself that any of the above is not true. Continue to believe that doing nothing was the right move when 2017 brings an end to contracts for Rasmus, Valbueno, Castro, Fister, and Gomez. Not to mention that Keuchel, Gattis, Gonzalez, Fiers, and more are in arbitration after this year. I am sure that will go a long way in convincing the free agents to re-ink with the team that decided not to bolster the line-up in an effort to put together a winning roster this year.

I guess we are to believe you absolutely believe Castro/Gattis are WAY BETTER then Lucroy/Beltran. If only it were evidenced by teams desperately trying to trade prospects for them........

Good post. However, you'll soon learn not to engage with 281. He's a child with a limited range of "smack" and not worth messing with.

Child smack? Pretty sad you follow me around Texags repeating suck weak ****
FW Declerk
quote:
quote:
quote:

Have you seen or met many ranger fans ? Usually fat tubs of goo who have had limited female contact ..

We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
I have known many nice/intelligent/hardworking men/women over the years who regress to a temper-tantrum throwing, spoiled child when it comes to their Astros/Oilers/Texans. Thank God for Drexler/Horry/Akheem/Sam Cassell. If not for them, Houston would not know what it was like to not suck.
FW Declerk
quote:
quote:
I have known many nice/intelligent/hardworking men/women over the years who regress to a temper-tantrum throwing, spoiled child when it comes to their Astros/Oilers/Texans. Thank God for Drexler/Horry/Akheem/Sam Cassell. If not for them, Houston would not know what it was like to not suck.

What no drop the mic gif
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

From an Astros fan, that is a nice compliment. Thank you. PM me if/when Bergman breaks .100 and I will pay for the cake for your party.
Cappo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

From an Astros fan, that is a nice compliment. Thank you. PM me if/when Bergman breaks .100 and I will pay for the cake for your party.
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
What no drop the mic gif
After checking Fangraphs, statistically it was time to sequence that gif.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
How are Houston fans NOT embarrassed by their GM by now? Not only does he suck at baseball operations, but he also sucks at looking like an adult on social media.
PacifistAg
AG
Astros take another step back in race vs. Rangers

Saw this come across Twitter. I certainly don't think the division race is remotely close to being over, and realize the Astros are talented enough to get insanely hot at any time, but I was surprised at the lack of moves. You can sense the frustration coming from Rasmus:

quote:
"That shows that they're wanting to go out and better their team," Rasmus said. "They've already beaten us with what they had. I don't doubt in our team that we can beat them on a given day. But that does show something that they're going out and doing that."

Ag_07
AG
Houston fan here...

Lunhow fcked up the deadline almost as much as he's fcked up the management of this current roster. How we have gone this long with ONE able bodied player on the bench is beyond comprehension.

Lunhow has shown he has an eye for talent and drafting, but I'm seriously doubting his ability to generally manage a ML roster.

FW Declerk
It's not the gm it's the cheap ass owner
Player To Be Named Later
AG
The cheap ass owner is making him send ******ed tweets?
hawk1689
AG
quote:

Lunhow has shown he has an eye for talent and drafting, but I'm seriously doubting his ability to generally manage a ML roster.

Where has he shown this?
ebdb_bnb
quote:
You're obsessed aith me bending over in front of things. Having trouble suppressing those latent homosexual tendencies? Maybe whoever starred your oost can help fulfill them.
One post equals obsession, got it. You act as if JB and Bannister are the second coming. Must have racked up tons of World Series rings by now right.
jtstanley4621
AG
As a Rangers fan, I think it's worth noting that the Astros traded for a kid named Guadalupe Chavez. That is an incredibly badass baseball name that I thoroughly enjoy.
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
Houston fan here...

Lunhow fcked up the deadline almost as much as he's fcked up the management of this current roster. How we have gone this long with ONE able bodied player on the bench is beyond comprehension.

To be honest, I thought bringing in Nolan as an Executive Adviser to the Owner would be the tipping point to get Houston on track.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Child smack? Pretty sad you follow me around Texags repeating suck weak ****
Prime example. Where, other than in the baseball forum - maybe even just this thread, have I even seen you post, much less commented on it?

The defense rests.
FW Declerk
quote:
quote:
One post equals obsession, got it. You act as if JB and Bannister are the second coming. Must have racked up tons of World Series rings by now right.
shhhh facts and Ranger fans don't mix.

I will though credit them for going for it.
First Page Last Page
Page 77 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.