HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

430,116 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Statistically, based on the Astros previous 3 games and extrapolated out for the rest of the season, their run differential will be -382 after rounding down. Who knew, statistics is fun.

Edit to say this is for games that haven't been played .

How nice of you!

Just trying to give them a little glimmer of hope. Can't wait for their next big arguing point that will inevitably get shoved right back in their face.

Luck, hit sequencing, winning is unsustainable, etc. Any guesses on what's next?
corleoneAg99
AG
In his latest podcast Cameron talks about how hard it is to determine true value of relievers and I think it plays into outperforming peripherals. Especially for teams with good true talent.

Like when a team like the Twins is on a heater and BABIPing their way to 10 wins in 15 it's a lot easier to predict fast regression.

With more talented teams it seems like it would be harder. Both in terms of under and over performance.
gigem1223
great weekend of 6ase6all
Cappo
AG
6 and counting
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
great weekend of 6ase6all
Statistics show I enjoyed it.....
3B Paul 97
AG
Hats off to the Rangers for their moves today. They see an opportunity to win the division and are putting themselves in position to close it out.

That said, I still expect the Astros to get hot again and make a playoff push. Also, **** the Rangers.
Mr Gigem
AG
quote:
Hats off to the Rangers for their moves today. They see an opportunity to win the division and are putting themselves in position to close it out.

That said, I still expect the Astros to get hot again and make a playoff push. Also, **** the Rangers.
Honestly surprised the Astros did nothing today. Really thought they would try to put themselves in a position to make a run.

But then again, I know nothing about the current status of their 40 man roster or what their farm system is like. Mainly because IDGAF

Looking forward to the series this weekend. I'll be at a couple of the games.
Ag_07
AG
Daniels crushed it.

He managed to get Lucroy and Beltran and not part with Gallo, Profar, or Mazara. That's pretty effin impressive.

Pretty sure Lunhow threw in the white flag today. Which is pretty sad honestly.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
quote:
Daniels crushed it.

He managed to get Lucroy and Beltran and not part with Gallo, Profar, or Mazara. That's pretty effin impressive.

Pretty sure Lunhow threw in the white flag today. Which is pretty sad honestly.

The thing I'm most excited about is that we kept Gallo, Profar, and Mazara. All the talking heads on tv were so convinced we'd have to give up two of them to make any important deals.

I think Chicago bought into that idea (as they should), and that's why we backed out on Sale
Ag_07
AG
Honestly, as a Stros fan I wish Daniels would've sold the farm for Sale rather than do what he did.
CampingAg
AG
quote:

Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:
Honestly, as a Stros fan I wish Daniels would've sold the farm for Sale rather than do what he did.

Too bad your GM is an idiot
Cappo
AG
Guess you can't call Profar and Mazara "prospects" anymore because they're tearing up the league
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Guess you can't call Profar and Mazara "prospects" anymore because they're tearing up the league
.779 & .754 are good, but I wouldn't call it tearing up anything.

.992 is tearing up the league.

Cappo
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Odd that a GM would make a point of commenting on another teams moves. Of course, he also failed to mention that the Rangers improved significantly without giving up Odor, Profar, Gallo or Mazara.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this comment just looks like the Rangers are living rent-free in his head.
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Odd that a GM would make a point of commenting on another teams moves. Of course, he also failed to mention that the Rangers improved significantly without giving up Odor, Profar, Gallo or Mazara.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this comment just looks like the Rangers are living rent-free in his head.

Or he was asked directly about the Rangers trades and made a comment. I guess should have just plead the 5th.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
There are a lot of different ways he could have responded that wouldn't have sounded like a little kid all upset that his bigger brother got a better toy for Christmas.

But no, he this is the same petulant little brat who had to tweet out "Go Cards!" while his own team was playing (and losing) a game.

But, no, the Rangers aren't in his head AT ALL..
PacifistAg
AG
quote:

Or he was asked directly about the Rangers trades and made a comment. I guess should have just plead the 5th.

True. Comment was problem tweeted without any context. I saw JD was asked about it and basically replied with "we don't comment on other team's moves. Hou is great organization and wish them best of luck." That probably would have been the smart response from Lunhow.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Any idiot would say "we just didn't see the right deal out there that would upgrade our team without sacrificing too much for the long term" or something to that effect. You can always work around it. You don't go rattling off about specific teams. And you especially don't do it in such a silly-ass, Hilary Clinton spin-like manner that ignores Gallo, Profar, and Mazara.

Between the GM's and managers, the Rangers have both more professionalism and balls than Lunhow or Himch could dream about. JD and Banister are going to punk those two for years to home. Completely overmatched.
gigem1223
To be fair if my team had been owned by the Rangers for the past decade, on the field and in the front office, I'd probably be a little salty too.
FW Declerk
So did the Ranger give up 3 of their top prospects or not?

Man Rangerette fans are thin skinned.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
quote:

Yeah because our other top three players got promoted in the past three months. It's a stupid argument.

It's like ignoring the fact that Bregman is your #1 prospect because he's been in the majors for a week
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:

PacifistAg
AG
quote:

I don't know what Tate was ranked at, but I think it's safe to say that most Rangers fans didn't consider him a top 5 prospect. By now, we were well aware that he was getting rocked in low A ball, and word is there were some considerable mechanical issues with his delivery. Gallo, Profar, Brinson, Ortiz, Mendez, Jurado, Guzman and others were viewed more highly.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:

The point is more that your GM is a tool.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:

Rangerette.

Cute.
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't know what Tate was ranked at, but I think it's safe to say that most Rangers fans didn't consider him a top 5 prospect. By now, we were well aware that he was getting rocked in low A ball, and word is there were some considerable mechanical issues with his delivery. Gallo, Profar, Brinson, Ortiz, Mendez, Jurado, Guzman and others were viewed more highly.
Exactly....if Tate (as a pitcher) was such a top prospect, why did he not get called up when we were in the 7 win 17 loss slump? Maybe, just maybe, it was recognized that he wasn't the answer we needed. Maybe, it was also determined that we could replace him down the road at a time when we weren't in a pennant race where we have a very viable chance of success.

EDIT: Or we could sit back, hope for the best, and make no moves.
We fixed the keg
AG
One team celebrating coming back from a blown save to pull within five and a half games of first in their division. The other team celebrating taking the sole spot of first place in the league while getting marks for one of the trade deadline winners.
FW Declerk
quote:
One team celebrating coming back from a blown save to pull within five and a half games of first in their division. The other team celebrating taking the sole spot of first place in the league while getting marks for one of the trade deadline winners.

You are not very good at this are you ?
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
quote:

Through the eyes of an Astros fan, probably not, but from the rest of the baseball world the phrase is "nailed it".

Look, there are very few NATIONAL sports writers who are pro-Astros or pro-Rangers. Most writers are focused on the Cardinals, Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, Giants, Red Sox and the like. When they, along with the Rangers fans, recognize the Rangers killed it by getting a big time DH and filling our gap at catcher without losing Profar, Mazara, Odor, or Gallo, that should tell you something.

You can pretend all you want that the Astros made the right call by doing nothing all you want, but it is all a load of crap. The Astros team played some of their best ball between the end of June and the end of July while the Rangers played their worst of the season. In the end, the Rangers are in sole possession of first place in the American league with a 5.5 game division lead over the Astros who also happen to be 2.5 games out of the last wild card spot.

Add to that, the Rangers are coming off a 4 game sweep of the Royals and the Astros were swept by the Tigers after losing the series to the Yankees. All of which were capped off by the Rangers making 2 of the 5 biggest trades at the deadline while the Astros decided just to hang tight. So, to answer your question, "Yes, I am very good at this."

By all means, try and convince yourself that any of the above is not true. Continue to believe that doing nothing was the right move when 2017 brings an end to contracts for Rasmus, Valbueno, Castro, Fister, and Gomez. Not to mention that Keuchel, Gattis, Gonzalez, Fiers, and more are in arbitration after this year. I am sure that will go a long way in convincing the free agents to re-ink with the team that decided not to bolster the line-up in an effort to put together a winning roster this year.

I guess we are to believe you absolutely believe Castro/Gattis are WAY BETTER then Lucroy/Beltran. If only it were evidenced by teams desperately trying to trade prospects for them........

Farmer1906
AG
When you feel the need to do the mic drop gif for yourself it screams insecurity.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Through the eyes of an Astros fan, probably not, but from the rest of the baseball world the phrase is "nailed it".

Look, there are very few NATIONAL sports writers who are pro-Astros or pro-Rangers. Most writers are focused on the Cardinals, Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, Giants, Red Sox and the like. When they, along with the Rangers fans, recognize the Rangers killed it by getting a big time DH and filling our gap at catcher without losing Profar, Mazara, Odor, or Gallo, that should tell you something.

You can pretend all you want that the Astros made the right call by doing nothing all you want, but it is all a load of crap. The Astros team played some of their best ball between the end of June and the end of July while the Rangers played their worst of the season. In the end, the Rangers are in sole possession of first place in the American league with a 5.5 game division lead over the Astros who also happen to be 2.5 games out of the last wild card spot.

Add to that, the Rangers are coming off a 4 game sweep of the Royals and the Astros were swept by the Tigers after losing the series to the Yankees. All of which were capped off by the Rangers making 2 of the 5 biggest trades at the deadline while the Astros decided just to hang tight. So, to answer your question, "Yes, I am very good at this."

By all means, try and convince yourself that any of the above is not true. Continue to believe that doing nothing was the right move when 2017 brings an end to contracts for Rasmus, Valbueno, Castro, Fister, and Gomez. Not to mention that Keuchel, Gattis, Gonzalez, Fiers, and more are in arbitration after this year. I am sure that will go a long way in convincing the free agents to re-ink with the team that decided not to bolster the line-up in an effort to put together a winning roster this year.

I guess we are to believe you absolutely believe Castro/Gattis are WAY BETTER then Lucroy/Beltran. If only it were evidenced by teams desperately trying to trade prospects for them........

Obviously the Rangers made more/better moves at the deadline and I hope they pan out over the next couple years, because that is your new window of opportunity. Yes the Astros did nothing which makes me and many other Astros fans mad.

The "you're not very good at this" comment was obviously directed at your level of smack talk. It is not good. Not at all. Looking past the obvious lack of awareness on what the poster meant by the comment and the ensuing rant... Did you really mic drop yourself? That's worse than giving yourself a blue star. In fact, it's one of the more sad things I've seen on this website. Congrats!
3B Paul 97
AG
Thanks for your Astros obsession. I couldn't tell you jack shlt about the Rangers contract situation because I don't give a shlt. I would say we are in your head and you are worried given your insecurity.
Furlock Bones
AG
Luhnow got completely owned at the trade deadline. He's got an eye for prospects but he doesn't seem to have the game to make deals that matter. Good job by the Rangers to get some solid help.
First Page Last Page
Page 76 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.