HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

430,419 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
FW Declerk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Gigem and MooreTrucker don't appear to be very bright

Or good at smack talk the east Texas board is proably more their speed
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
High praise, coming from a Mensa like you.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:

Or good at smack talk the east Texas board is proably more their speed
LOL...making stupid comments that can easily be refuted does not good smack make. Come speak again when you're not sliding backwards in the standings.
MSFC Aggie
AG
This is what this thread reminds me of....

CampingAg
AG
quote:

LLOYD!! LLOYD!!!
titanmaster_race
quote:

Hahaha
Ag2012
AG
quote:

THIS. There's more bickering about the appropriate times and topics for smack talk than actual smack talk.
Johnsy3
AG
http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2016/07/27/974284583/1469587596945/asset_1800K.mp4
Mr Gigem
AG
aTm2004
AG
Obviously a bust after 2 games.
CampingAg
AG
He's obviously not gonna pan out. Send him to the Rangers, please. We'll take him off your hands.
Mr Gigem
AG
No doubt he's going to be a good player. Obviously still adjusting.

Just funny to see him struggling after Astros fans were slobbing all over his knob and begging for him to be called up
Farmer1906
AG
quote:

Just funny to see him struggling after Astros fans were slobbing all over his knob and begging for him to be called up
So we shouldn't have been excited about a top 10 prospect in baseball getting called up when there is a need?
Mr Gigem
AG
quote:
quote:

So we shouldn't have been excited about a top 10 prospect in baseball getting called up when there is a need?
That's not what I said at all
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You just think its funny we're excited? Man that is a real knee slapper I tell you what.
Ag_07
AG
Especially as much as they deepthroat Gallo and I see he's 1 for 5 with 2 Ks.

Although twice as many Ks as hits is pretty typical for that AAAA stirkeout machine.
Mr Gigem
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You just think its funny we're excited? Man that is a real knee slapper I tell you what.
You have trouble reading, don't you? Again, not what I said.

I said its "funny to see him struggling."

I didn't say it's "funny to see Astros fans excited about Alex Bregman."

Cappo
AG
Gotta understand who you're talking to lol
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:

Although twice as many Ks as hits is pretty typical for that AAAA stirkeout machine.
Well, that "1" was a 450-foot homer, sooooo......
CampingAg
AG
I'm bored at work, so I devised a plan for the Rangers and Astros to merge and form a super "under 26" team.

Profar 7
Altuve 4
Springer 8
Gallo 3
Mazara 9
Correa 6
Odor DH
Bregman 5
????? 2

Deshields and Marisnick as late game defensive replacements/runners

Rotation
McCullers
Perez
?????

Bullpen
Kela
Giles
Feliz
Devenski
????
FW Declerk
quote:
I'm bored at work, so I devised a plan for the Rangers and Astros to merge and form a super "under 26" team.

Profar 7
Altuve 4
Springer 8
Gallo 3
Mazara 9
Correa 6
Odor DH
Bregman 5
????? 2

Deshields and Marisnick as late game defensive replacements/runners

Rotation
McCullers
Perez
?????

Bullpen
Kela
Giles
Feliz
Devenski
????
no beltre?
CampingAg
AG
"Under 26" team. First sentence. I know it's late.
gigem1223
quote:

#Bregxit
gigem1223
quote:
Puffing our chests because we're playing some of the best baseball in the league the last month or so.

We're trending up adding talent while you're players are dropping like flies and you're so desperate you're adding our sloppy seconds.

Awfully quiet in here lately...
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
quote:
Puffing our chests because we're playing some of the best baseball in the league the last month or so.

We're trending up adding talent while you're players are dropping like flies and you're so desperate you're adding our sloppy seconds.

Awfully quiet in here lately...
Could it be because even after a month of 7 win 17 loss baseball between June 28 and July 27th the rangers are tied for first in the American League with a 5 game lead in the division?
Cappo
AG
Silence!
gigem1223
quote:
5ilence!

FIFY
irish pete ag06
AG
Congrats on the 5 game lead.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You better hope and pray that good ol' statistical regression doesn't come crashing you back to Earth this season.

• 23-7 in 1-run games (this is absolutely an anomaly and there's no grit or Bannister-bull**** that can explain it)
  • +7 run differential
  • Fangraphs Baseruns has you at +9 games

You're a .500 ball club that has had a lot of ****e go right. And yes, I know the Rangers own the Stros this year, but your lead is built on a house of cards that you better hope doesn't come tumbling down in the next 2 months of baseball.

Now, go ahead and make a logical argument against it using statistics if you can wrap your head around it, but I'm sure it'll be the usual illogical emotional smack. Or bring up the record against the Astros, but nothing will refute what I've said above.
3B Paul 97
AG
I'll second what Pete said.
gigem1223
And you can keep claiming we're lucky all season long. A record within a 162 game season is not luck. As long as we win the division I could give a ***** Why don't you find statistics on healthiest and unhealthiest teams in the league. I think you'll find 2 familiar teams on opposite sides of the spectrum.
Mr Gigem
AG
quote:
Congrat5 on the 5 game lead.

I've 5aid it before, and I'll 5ay it again. You better hope and pray that good ol' 5tati5tical regre55ion doe5n't come cra5hing you back to Earth this 5ea5on.

• 23-7 in 1-run game5 (thi5 i5 ab5olutely an anomaly and there'5 no grit or Banni5ter-bull5hit that can explain it)
  • +7 run differential
  • Fangraph5 Ba5erun5 ha5 you at +9 game5

You're a .500 ball club that ha5 had a lot of 5hite go right. And ye5, I know the Ranger5 own the 5tro5 thi5 year, but your lead i5 built on a hou5e of card5 that you better hope doe5n't come tumbling down in the next 2 month5 of ba5eball.

Now, go ahead and make a logical argument again5t it u5ing 5tati5tic5 if you can wrap your head around it, but I'm 5ure it'll be the u5ual illogical emotional 5mack. Or bring up the record again5t the A5tro5, but nothing will refute what I've 5aid above.

FTFY
GrapevineAg
AG
The trouble with statistics is that they don't explain the 1987 Twins (-20 run differential) or the 1970 Orioles (40-15 in 1-run games) - both teams won the WS.

And now back to the trash talking...
gigem1223
Statistics also can't explain why the Rangers have the best record in baseball vs winning teams and the worst record in baseball vs losing teams. "Lucky" for the Rangers, losing teams don't make the playoffs.
agent-maroon
AG
quote:
Now, go ahead and make a logical argument against it using statistics if you can wrap your head around it,

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
quote:
Congrat5 on the 5 game lead.

I've 5aid it before, and I'll 5ay it again. You better hope and pray that good ol' 5tati5tical regre55ion doe5n't come cra5hing you back to Earth this 5ea5on.

• +7 run differential
  • Fangraph5 Ba5erun5 ha5 you at +9 game5

You're a .500 ball club that ha5 had a lot of 5hite go right. And ye5, I know the Ranger5 own the 5tro5 thi5 year, but your lead i5 built on a hou5e of card5 that you better hope doe5n't come tumbling down in the next 2 month5 of ba5eball.

Now, go ahead and make a logical argument again5t it u5ing 5tati5tic5 if you can wrap your head around it, but I'm 5ure it'll be the u5ual illogical emotional 5mack. Or bring up the record again5t the A5tro5, but nothing will refute what I've 5aid above.

FTFY
FTFY again.
First Page Last Page
Page 74 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.