HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

432,784 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
Cappo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Rangers fans compare Odor vs Astros only.

Astros fans compare him vs everyone.

and still the Astros accomplish nothing with this supposed bad ass
PacifistAg
AG
quote:
Rangers fans compare Odor vs Astros only.

Astros fans compare him vs everyone.

Uh, this is a Hou vs TX thread. If this were a TX vs NYY trash talking thread, and Odor owned the Yankees, then those stats would be posted.

But congrats on the individual awards. They look really great w/ that losing record.
PatAg
AG
Hate to break it to you, but we don't compare him to Altuve. YOU do.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
You must have missed all of last year on this board.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
quote:
You must have missed all of last year on this board.

No sensible Ranger fan would say Altuve is worse than Odor. We love Odor but no he isn't as good of a player as Altuve. This doesn't mean we don't love him and see him as a cult hero status after him socking Joey Bats and playing great against Houston.
PacifistAg
AG
For some reason, Astros fans seem to think that by being an Odor fan and thinking he's a good player is an attack on Altuve. Altuve is a fantastic player, but we love Odor. I don't know why they can't seem to grasp that both teams can have great 2nd basemen.
agent-maroon
AG
They can't grasp it for the same reason that they can't grasp the concept that the Rangers 10 year ownership of the Astros isn't just a run of bad luck
[/sequencing]
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
They can't grasp it for the same reason that they can't grasp the concept that the Rangers 10 year ownership of the Astros isn't just a run of bad luck
[/sequencing]

Nice straw man, buddy.

You can thank me for the sequencing and/or cluster luck discussion. I brought it up because fan graphs and another website that tracks it has the Rangers at the top of the leaderboard by a long shot for this season against ALL MLB teams. Not just against the Astros this season. Not against the Astros over a decade.

But, by all means, continue this narrative. You've nailed us Astros fans.

Most sabermetric folks agree that teams have no control over their sequencing, or teams would be able to maintain it year after year, but they don't. Your own Rangers front office probably understands this. They are one of the most saber oriented front offices in the league.

But Astros being numbers nerds who lose regularly to the big sweat jocks and claim luck is too good of a narrative to pass up. Please continue.

mhayden
quote:
quote:
[/sequencing]

Nice straw man, buddy.

You can thank me for the sequencing and/or cluster luck discussion. I brought it up because fan graphs and another website that tracks it has the Rangers at the top of the leaderboard by a long shot for this season against ALL MLB teams. Not just against the Astros this season. Not against the Astros over a decade.

But, by all means, continue this narrative. You've nailed us Astros fans.

Most sabermetric folks agree that teams have no control over their sequencing, or teams would be able to maintain it year after year, but they don't. Your own Rangers front office probably understands this. They are one of the most saber oriented front offices in the league.

But Astros being numbers nerds who lose regularly to the big sweat jocks and claim luck is too good of a narrative to pass up. Please continue.

You can add that to the hundreds of other things on the baseball field that teams "can't control"... That's why they actually play the games -- to see if that guy who averages 1 HR every 3 games is going to hit it in the game where his team is down 9-0 it really doesn't matter, or hit the walk-off homerun the next night.

Again, I think many people dive into sabermetrics with the belief that it reflects "what should have happened", and it doesn't. It reflects "what would have happened under certain circumstances (typically league average circumstances).

Sabermetric stats are fun to dive into, but if they predicted the outcome of actual baseball games/seasons with a high degree of consistency then you wouldn't be reading about the numbers from bloggers on FanGraphs -- those guys would be living in billion dollar mansions in Vegas. They are a useful tool for evaluation, but they by no means are a great predictor. Go check out the 2015 cluster #'s for proof of that.
3B Paul 97
AG
quote:
Things could start to get interesting through the end of June after today's game. I was just looking over the schedules and, on paper, it favors the Astros. It will be real interesting to see if they can shave a few games off over the next month.

Astros
17 games remain (4 days off)
6 home / 11 road
5 of the 17 against teams with winning records

Rangers
20 games remain (1 day off. This is the only day off until the all start break in a month)
6 home / 14 road (in fact, 20 of the next 26 are on the road)
10 of the 20 against teams with winning records

Just checking in to close out June. The Stros did play better over the last 17 games finishing with a 13-4 record and will be within a game (or tied) for a Wild Card spot by the end of the day. Even with the strong record, they were only able to gain a half game on the Rangers due to their 14-6 mark over the same time period.

Either the Rangers are the luckiest, most sequencing sonsa*****es I have ever seen or they are actually good. I think this one is still up for debate. :-)

Going into the all-star break, the Astros play the next 10 at home. The Rangers play 4 at home and 6 on the road. While it would seem to give the Stros the upper hand, 7 of the Rangers games are against the lowly Twins.

I would love to see the Astros cut the gap to 6.5 or less going into the break, but I think the Twins would have to win at least 3 of the 7 to make that possible. Then again, it's baseball and anything can happen on any night.
Mr Gigem
AG
This is the trash talk thread, not the talk nice to each other thread

With that said... STFU
3B Paul 97
AG
Someone seems touchy because thier bullpen can't close out a game.

Go **** yourself!

Better?
3B Paul 97
AG
While the Stros didn't do as well as I expected in the last 10 (6-4 vs my expectation of 7-3), they did close an additional 3 games on the Rangers due to their high level of suckage over the same time period (3-7).

Since the lead has dropped from 10 to 5.5 games, things are starting to get interesting.

Both teams will play 19 games (with 2 days off) before meeting up in Houston for a 3 game set starting August 5th. Both have 6 total games against the A's and Angels, but the other 13 are against playoff contenders.

Astros: 3 @ SEA, 3 vs NYY, 3 @ DET, 4 vs TOR
Rangers: 3 @ CHC, 3 @ KC, 4 vs KC, 3 @ BAL

On paper, I would say that Texas has the tougher stretch. I'd like to see the Astros to chip at another 2-4 games off before the next head to head.

Big questions will be:
When will the Astros bring up Bregman?
Can Yu stay healthy and pitch like he did in the past?
Can Keuchel continue to improve and get closer to a Cy Young form?
Will Fielder break the 400lb mark?
Will either team grab a big name SP before the trade deadline?
Farmer1906
AG

quote:

Big questions will be:
When will the Astros bring up Bregman?
Can Yu stay healthy and pitch like he did in the past?
Can Keuchel continue to improve and get closer to a Cy Young form?
Will Fielder break the 400lb mark?
Will either team grab a big name SP before the trade deadline?

Very Soon

Nope

Yup

Hasn't he already?

Possibly
TexasRebel
AG
Will Odor discover Fabreeze?
Ag2012
AG
Aww look who's feeling cocky now that their team is over .500
gigem1223
Same ****, different year. Astros get cocky until they play Daddy and get put back in their place. Congrats on getting to within 5.5 games. It only took several injuries to the Ranger's rotation/ BP and 2 absolute gifts from the A's. Meanwhile, Texas will get Yu and Kela back and likely a SP via trade. I'm sure the Astros will trade as well. However, JD normally comes out ahead in trades, Lunhow on the other hand....
Ag_07
AG
WTF is a trade after the trade and a tradeas?

Your just pulling stuff outta your ass now.
gigem1223
Typo...

Fixed now
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Same ****, different year. Astros get cocky until they play Daddy and get put back in their place. Congrats on getting to within 5.5 games. It only took several injuries to the Ranger's rotation/ BP and 2 absolute gifts from the A's. Meanwhile, Texas will get Yu and Kela back and likely a SP via trade. I'm sure the Astros will trade as well. However, JD normally comes out ahead in trades, Lunhow on the other hand....
Trades away guys with arm trouble?
Mr.Ackar07
quote:
Those weren't gifts. That was just excellent sequencing by the Astros.
gigem1223
Error sequencing...the new baseball sabermetric
gigem1223
quote:
quote:
Trades away guys with arm trouble?

And for guys who can't keep their hemet on..
Farmer1906
AG
He's been okay since he came back from his injury.

Simiar #s to Mazara
NotGibbs
quote:

So normally I don't even open this thread since neither team has won a world series, so they're both **** in my book. But I got bored with no baseball and took a look

Our front office is better than your front office at trades? Well guess what. My dad can beat up your dad. Come on, any smack talk is better than this.

I don't care. Anything. Jake Marisnick has a tiny peen. Well, Andrus sucks at sequencing

Seriously, anything other than front office **** talk
gigem1223
Do always take Texags so seriously? Lighten up Francis. There are plenty of things like H2H that I could point to, but that's been beaten to death.

And I don't think anyone in the league would argue which team has the better GM.
TexasRebel
AG
Uh. Da Bears!
gigem1223
and Elvis has a top 5 BA with RISP. Not a bad sequencer.
NotGibbs
Dude. You're talking **** about the Astros splitting a series with the A's after your team got absolutely butt ****ed by the worst team in the league. I wasn't even gonna say anything about that. But seriously, front office smack talk has to be the weakest ****
gigem1223
You seem angry. Clearly I hit a nerve. It's all lighthearted man. Don't take it so seriously.

And yes the Rangers have played like the worst team in the league for the past 2 weeks....and they still have the best record in the AL. I for one, am glad the Astros battled back. Makes this place more fun.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Rangers like to stick their front office into the Astros' back office.
Frok
AG
Ag2012
AG
quote:

Astros in the rear view where they belong
Frok
AG
Will be in the passing lane soon
gigem1223
Until they play the Rangers
First Page Last Page
Page 68 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.