HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

424,277 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
dave94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I can understand having it closed for games in the dog days, but meaningful games in late September should be played outside.

Yeah, why the hell is it closed tonight?!?
JABQ04
AG
Don't know why it's closed. I agree, wish we'd open it more for these evening games. I love indoor games in July/August but nothing beats baseball outdoors.
Cynical_Texan
AG
There's an old saying in baseball... When Napoli catches your pop fly, you suck.
JABQ04
AG
I would hope he could catch a routine flyball. But I have been watching some of yalls games and know it's a crapshoot with him at times.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
I would hope he could catch a routine flyball. But I have been watching some of yalls games and know it's a crapshoot with him at times.
Oh he is... I will have to give it to Banister though, our hitting against lefties has been god awful. He took one of our best hitters against left handing pitching and said F the consequences.

So far it has worked out, in the playoffs I doubt it will be used as much.

Manager of the Year considering injuries.

AggieDPT
AG
JUST a bit outside there Kazmir
Aggie_3
Boom
Cappo
AG
quote:
quote:
Friday night, nationally televised game, season and division on the line...

... and scores of empty seats in Houston.

What. A. Fanbase.
Rangers are not a big name team.

So LAstros fans only go to games against big name teams? They could care less about the pennant race?
Cynical_Texan
AG
I am almost convinced if the Rangers never swung at a pitch, we would beat the Astro's 2-0.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
You see how bad these fans are and you really start to understand how they lost an nfl team and got forced to leave the NL.

Yet another post where you prove you're an idiot.
Gigem Trevas
I loved all the **** talking when the Astros traded for Kasmir. Dude is a scrub.
toucan82
Napoli would have caught that
Michael Cera Palin
AG
This is beautiful
Michael Cera Palin
AG
quote:
Napoli would have caught that
mhayden
quote:
I loved all the **** talking when the Astros traded for Kasmir. Dude is a scrub.

Going back a few months in the Astros thread is pure hilarity. All their idiot fans crowing about how Kazmir was a brilliant move and Hamels was a terrible trade.
Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:

Yup, and they were laughing when Hamels had a shaky first outing with Texas. Funny how things change.
Cynical_Texan
AG
I am now playing Led Zepplin's Kashmir in honor of Scott Kazmir. Goes well with whiskey/coke, thanks 'stros
adamhdonnell
AG
quote:
All those empty seats just reinforce what I already thought... every Astro's fan is a closet Baylor fan.

FIFY. Just like Floyd Casey was always Kyle Field North, the Juice box is RBPiA South.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
quote:

Going back a few months in the Astros thread is pure hilarity. All their idiot fans crowing about how Kazmir was a brilliant move and Hamels was a terrible trade.

4 more years of Hamels, thank you J.D.
mhayden
Oh crap Paul is here to tell us that he is a very successful lawyer and played juco football, and therefore the Rangers record against the Astros doesn't really tell the story -- the Astros are actually the better team.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Beltre vs. Astros

Not fair
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
Oh crap Paul is here to tell us that he is a very successful lawyer and played juco football, and therefore the Rangers record against the Astros doesn't really tell the story -- the Astros are actually the better team.

You constantly bring up my profession and the fact that I played college football at the fcs level for reasons that are completely unrelated to the thread. You seem really bitter about the fact that you don't have a clue what you're talking about when it comes to football, nor do you have a profession that's worth a ****. Somehow, you've convinced yourself that being some low-rent guitoesque tool that "sells sports betting picks" means you actually know a lot about the sport itself. Hilarious. Such a schmuck.
JABQ04
AG
quote:
I am now playing Led Zepplin's Kashmir in honor of Scott Kazmir. Goes well with whiskey/coke, thanks 'stros

I'm an Astros fan and drinking helps me "enjoy" games too.

Enjoy = Cope
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Que pasa Jose?
AggieDPT
AG
That pitch was farther outside than Altuve is tall.
JABQ04
AG
quote:
That pitch was farther outside than Altuve is tall.

Sometime it works to our advantage. It still almost hits the outside corner.
mhayden
Alright, Napoli got his hit - time to get Venables in there.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm an Astros fan and drinking helps me "enjoy" games too.

Enjoy = Cope
I am all for the Astro's getting a wildcard slot.

Two Texas teams would be badass.

But the Rangers have defied odds to come back and they need to win the division so a lot of the doubters can eat crow and we can enjoy a division win.

First step to FINALLY winning the world series (F U Neftali Feliz)

JABQ04
AG
Never knew about the ball starting foul and ending fair and still be an out. Always thought like in that situation of the ball starts foul it was considered foul for the whole play.
mhayden
quote:
Never knew about the ball starting foul and ending fair and still be an out. Always thought like in that situation of the ball starts foul it was considered foul for the whole play.

14-year-old me has bad flashbacks to hitting a ball into foul territory with a lot of spin and watching it spin right back into fair territory and an easy out from the batters box.

I still remember the glare from my father that day.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Is Eduardo drunk?
mhayden
quote:
Is Eduardo drunk?

That was my first thought.
gomerschlep
AG
quote:
Is Eduardo drunk?
Lord knows I am.
adamhdonnell
AG
Choo
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Choo-choo
First Page Last Page
Page 24 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.