HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

430,370 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
3B Paul 97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Congrats on winning the division, Rangers.

Now **** off!
We fixed the keg
MooreTrucker
gigem1223
Division championship sequencing
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
Congrats on winning the division, Rangers.

Now **** off!
Cynical_Texan
AG
The Houston Hill in centerfield is going away?

quote:
Populous spent the next weeks mapping it out, materializing the quirky idea into Tal's Hill, as it was dubbed.

Smith was elated they treated his suggestion seriously. He made it on a lark.

"I didn't think the hill would survive," Smith admits now. "I just thought because it was different, somebody someplace along the line would kill it."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/astros/article/Tal-s-Hill-home-to-a-generation-of-thrills-and-9291093.php?t=98bb0d0bc2438d9cbb&cmpid=twitter-premium

So the hill in centerfield was created because he couldn't think of anything else and just tossed the idea out there.

They thought "A hill in centerfield, brilliant!" Only in Houston.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Gomez is absolutely thriving as a Ranger.
AggieDPT
AG
Boom
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Thank you Astros. Haven't heard much from y'all about Gomez recently
TefIon Don
TexasRebel
AG
Who?
Ag2012
AG
quote:
Who?
The guy y'all are paying to hit .309/.398/.953 with 5 HRs and 13 RBIs this month for the Rangers. We're really getting your money's worth.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:
Who?

You CLEARLY dgaf.....
Hammerbrau
AG
quote:
The Houston Hill in centerfield is going away?

quote:
Populous spent the next weeks mapping it out, materializing the quirky idea into Tal's Hill, as it was dubbed.

Smith was elated they treated his suggestion seriously. He made it on a lark.

"I didn't think the hill would survive," Smith admits now. "I just thought because it was different, somebody someplace along the line would kill it."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/astros/article/Tal-s-Hill-home-to-a-generation-of-thrills-and-9291093.php?t=98bb0d0bc2438d9cbb&cmpid=twitter-premium

So the hill in centerfield was created because he couldn't think of anything else and just tossed the idea out there.

They thought "A hill in centerfield, brilliant!" Only in Houston.

I worked on this project last year in my previous life. Tal's Hill is being replaced by a bar and a nifty looking elevator tower with some light features on it (at least that was the design as I knew it). It's worth the $15M to make that place somewhat livable. MMP is easily one of the worst baseball experiences I've ever had.
3B Paul 97
AG
Good for Gomez. Everything I read says he was a good guy, but just couldn't get it done in Houston. And before the "because Houston sucks replies" just remember the Rangers have a few of the same type in thier history like Davis, Sosa, etc.
srx
AG
quote:
just remember the Rangers have a few of the same type in thier history like Davis, Sosa, etc.
As in Sammy Sosa? Good lord. Guy wasn't even of legal drinking age when he left Texas.
LeFraud
Great examples, except the rangers weren't paying those guys millions of dollars to hit homeruns for another team, much less a divisional opponent.
akm91
AG
quote:
Good for Gomez. Everything I read says he was a good guy, but just couldn't get it done in Houston. And before the "because Houston sucks replies" just remember the Rangers have a few of the same type in thier history like Davis, Sosa, etc.
If you'd said A-Rod, then that would be similar. The two listed, not so much.
hawk1689
AG
Ummmm. A-Rod had three MVP level seasons in Arlington. The myth that he was responsible for the Rangers woes has gone on for too long.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think his point is merely that the Rangers were still paying him millions to play and win games for another team. They paid for about 1/3 of the $180mill left on his deal when they sent him to the Yankees.
hawk1689
AG
That makes sense. I apologize for my misunderstanding of the post.
akm91
AG
quote:
That makes sense. I apologize for my misunderstanding of the post.
No worries. We are both right; I just wasn't precise in my thoughts expressed.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:
Gomez is welcome to stay with y'all up north. What's his BA since he was called up? He's hit two Clutch HRs so congrats. He hit a few with us too, but the 0- 20 gaps in between his occasional hits are killers. Plenty of *****ing on your own thread about how much he sucks until he smacks a rare HR.

In short have fun with Gomez. He sucks. Want Fiers as well?
Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:

Hey, guys. How is Gomez doing since his HR that didn't really factor into the outcome of the game?

Good news is he should help cool the ballpark with all of those swings and misses.

Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:
quote:
Well, he's playing for a first place team and you're paying for it. The things that y'all cling to right now..... I guess when you have absolutely nothing else, I can understand it
You wouldn't pay to have your division rival playing a guy batting .083?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Is Fiers available? Our 3 and 4 options look a little shaky. If we just get half the improvement we got out of Gomez, he'd be lock-down for the playoffs.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:
Gomez 0-2. Looks like the excitement has worn off.

And this guy....
Player To Be Named Later
AG
quote:
I see the real Gomez showed up last night (0-4, 2Ks). That will be the line score for a lot of games.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
quote:
Gomez 0-2. Looks like the excitement has worn off.

And this guy....

Good ole Sea Bass.
Gigem Trevas
Damn. Regressed to the mean of best record in the AL.
bert harbinson
AG
Gigem Trevas said:

Damn. Regressed to the mean of best record in the AL.

Sequenced 95(?) wins together.
DannyDuberstein
AG
So looking at the standings, "z" is next to the Rangers name and apparently means they clinched the best recod in the leage. What does the "e" in the astros wild card column mean? The fish are biting excellently? Or it's an excellent day to play golf?
Gigem Trevas
DannyDuberstein said:

So looking at the standings, "z" is next to the Rangers name and apparently means they clinched the best recod in the leage. What does the "e" in the astros wild card column mean? The fish are biting excellently?

gigem1223
When's the last time the Stros had homefield locked up? Asking for a friend.
MooreTrucker
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

So looking at the standings, "z" is next to the Rangers name and apparently means they clinched the best recod in the leage. What does the "e" in the astros wild card column mean? The fish are biting excellently? Or it's an excellent day to play golf?
"Z" is the Rangers "z-score", the mean score after taking into account the regression to winning home field.

"E" is the standard measure of error indicating how far away from the Rangers the Astros actually are.

See, this crazy statistics class I'm taking is paying off.
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.