HOU@TEX Trash Talking Thread

430,361 Views | 3968 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Charlie Conway
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What was that part about caring about winning and losing on a meassage board?
ebdb_bnb
It's neither. You came after me.
PatriotAg02
AG
Congratulations, Houston!

You've won the Run Differential Championship for 2016!

Outstanding!

CampingAg
AG
Of course the line for tomorrow is TEX -1.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
Of course the line for tomorrow is TEX -1.

Free money?
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
Why are Astros fans even here? You're way behind in the standings, you're trying to climb into a WC spot, and you have been absolutely drilled in head-to-head.

So you run and hide when your team's not having a good season. Sounds like a front runner to me?

Plus yal always come in here and ask where we are at. I'm always here.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Bet the house on the stros
GrapevineAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Why are Astros fans even here? You're way behind in the standings, you're trying to climb into a WC spot, and you have been absolutely drilled in head-to-head.

So you run and hide when your team's not having a good season. Sounds like a front runner to me?

No, I just know better than to talk smack when my team is getting its ass handed to it. (i.e. don't be Melvin Bullitt)

We fixed the keg
AG
I was working really hard not to break something that day.....that little f***ers celebration made me snap and shatter my remote.

The next day my wife even said, "I was surprised you kept your head during that game, but the second I saw that, I knew something was getting broken."
irish pete ag06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, I just know better than to talk smack when my team is getting its ass handed to it. (i.e. don't be Melvin Bullitt)

Sorry Mr. Grapevine. Please let me know when it's ok to come in and post again. Do we have to take 2 of 3 this weekend? Just shoot me a PM.
ebdb_bnb
Clearly he doesn't get enough Ranger circle jerk on their thread.
We fixed the keg
AG
Damnit, I was kinda looking forward to this thread in between Westfest and Football....can't we all just NOT get along during the baseball games this weekend?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
Damnit, I was kinda looking forward to this thread in between Westfest and Football....can't we all just NOT get along during the baseball games this weekend?

What in the history of Rangers and Astros fans on this board would suggest to you there's a snowball's chance in hell that we're going to get along when the teams are playing each other?
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
What in the history of Rangers and Astros fans on this board would suggest to you there's a snowball's chance in hell that we're going to get along when the teams are playing each other?
It is all this talk about not coming back to this thread when it appears the fat lady is walking to the stage. I just hope that even if/when the rangers have a 14 game lead September 14th, there will be Astros fans on this thread slinging turds.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Fair enough. Irish is a glutton for punishment. I'm sure he'll be here.
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
Just like all those games I made my dad take me to when my favorite pitcher (Charlie Hough) was on the mound back in the early 80's.
3B Paul 97
AG
quote:
quote:
Just like all those games I made my dad take me to when my favorite pitcher (Charlie Hough) was on the mound back in the early 80's.

While catching up in the division is tough, there is also a chance for the Astros to get to the playoffs and knock the Rangers out.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

What kind of horrible Ag would bring up this game, ever? You need to get your priorities straight, sir.
Ag2012
AG
quote:
While catching up in the division is tough, there is also a chance for the Astros to get to the playoffs and knock the Rangers out.
Ahhhh I needed a good laugh this morning.
wbt5845
AG
Rangers only need to win one this weekend to pretty much assure winning the division.
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
Decided to take a few minutes to determine how tough this would actually be for you...
Rangers are +8.5 with 28 games left (Astros have 29 left)

Of our 28 only (2) have winning records

(6) are against the Astros who we are 11-2 against
(4) are against Seattle who we are 11-4 against
(18) are against 4 sub .500 teams (12 home and 6 away) who happen to be a combined 76 games under .500

Of the Astros remaining 29:

(6) are against the AL leading Rangers who you are 2-11 against
(4) are at the 2nd place AL team who you are 1-2 against
(3) against the Cubs who are the 1st place team in the MLB
(6) are against Seattle who you are 5-8 against.

Let's assume the Astros sweep LA/Oakland and win all other series, that would mean the Astros would finish 23-6 giving a final record of 94-68.

If the Rangers play .500 ball (14-14), they would still win the division because our head to head would be 13-6 in favor of the Rangers.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
(18) are against 4 sub .500 teams (12 home and 6 away) who happen to be a combined 76 games under .500
But we suck against those weak teams, right? It's the good teams that we beat.
akm91
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Astros are 1 game behind Detroit and Baltimore for the 2nd wildcard spot and 3 behind Boston for the 1st spot. It's conceivable they get into the playoffs but at a glance Detroit has inside track for the 2nd wildcard spot based on schedule remaining.

Schedule Remaining (Wildcard contenders and Division Leaders)
Boston - 2 series against Yankees, 2 against Baltimore and 2 against Toronto
Detroit - 2 series against Royals, 1 against Baltimore and 2 against Indians
Baltimore - 2 series against Yankees, 1 against Tigers, 2 against Red Sox and 1 against Toronto
Houston - 2 series against Rangers, 2 against Mariners, 1 against Cubs, 1 against Indians

mAgnoliAg
AG
You do realize he's not saying we are going to catch the rangers in the division race right?
We fixed the keg
AG
quote:
You do realize he's not saying we are going to catch the rangers in the division race right?
Nope, I read it as Houston would win the division and keep the Rangers out of the playoff, but I am on board with that path. Rangers win Division and AL, Astros get wild card and advance to play the Rangers.

It would be a good warm up series before playing the division championship. We could sweep and rest our arms before the 7 game series. Definitely would make our path to the WS easier.

Street_Cred_Norm
quote:
I'll be a Ranger fan come October. I sure hope Hank has another great season in him.

Honestly his best days are behind him. If we are looking to trade for a goalie at the deadline, give me Bishop.
3B Paul 97
AG
They handing out towels in Arlington to wipe up the sweat from the people sitting around you?
Mr Gigem
AG
Real talk, I really like Bregman. Dude is a baller

But anyway...**** the Astros
TexasRebel
AG
What's for dinner, first?
Street_Cred_Norm
There are the astros we love to laugh at.
3B Paul 97
AG
quote:

We really find new ways to **** the bed in Arlington.
Cynical_Texan
AG
quote:
I don't know about you guys but I heard Yakety Sax in my head.
srx
AG
So, elephant in the room, Gomez is 2-2.
Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:
quote:

We really find new ways to **** the bed when we play Texas.

FIFY
3B Paul 97
AG
quote:
So, elephant in the room, Gomez is 2-2.

Not to the surprise of any Astros fans. We expect him to play out of his mind this series.
First Page Last Page
Page 101 of 114

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.