Astros Watching in Dallas

7,053 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Kashchei
BigTimeAlum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there any conceivable way to watch an Astros game if you live in Dallas and they aren't playing the Rangers? MLB blackout rules are idiotic.
COOL LASER FALCON
MLB.tv would probably be worth it.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
MLB.tv would blackout the Astros, unless you are willing to go through the hassle of setting up an out of state proxy. Stupid, but thems the rules.
COOL LASER FALCON
Doesn't it only black out your market? I could have sworn I have friends that watch Astros games here in Dallas this way.
mazag08
AG
The entire state of Texas is blacked out for both rangers and astros on mlbtv
BigTimeAlum
AG
Yeah, that's what I thought. Pretty stupid by the Astros (and Rangers) to black out the whole state. My boys were interested in watching Springer and Singleton play. Oh well, I guess they don't need new fans.
EMY92
AG
The MLB blackout rules will affect MLB.tv, but that doesn't affect the Astros not appearing on cable in Dallas, or anywhere else in the state outside of Houston. The games are only available on Comcast cable, other cable/satellite providers don't want to pay a competitor for content.
sixiron
AG
quote:
Pretty stupid by the Astros (and Rangers) to black out the whole state.

The teams don't make that call.
COOL LASER FALCON
That just doesn't make sense to me. I understand them having blackout rules to protect the TV deals, but CSN is never going to be available in Dallas. So I just don't see how it's a conflict.

Does FSSW in Houston show Rangers games almost every night?
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
Is there any conceivable way to watch an Astros game if you live in Dallas and they aren't playing the Rangers? MLB blackout rules are idiotic.

It'd be fine if the Astros didn't sign an idiotic TV deal.

quote:
That just doesn't make sense to me. I understand them having blackout rules to protect the TV deals, but CSN is never going to be available in Dallas. So I just don't see how it's a conflict.

Other teams that have gone off away from the FSN platforms have made deals with other providers to get games on TV- from mighty YES on down to MASN.

CSN has played tough in negotiations- which they have indeed had with just about any provider you can think of.

I hate it for Astros fans, and I think MLB should life some of the restrictions, but the Astros and whoever else helps run CSN are at the root of the problem.

[This message has been edited by TXAggie2011 (edited 6/11/2014 11:05a).]
agdaddy04
AG
It's not CSN completely. It's CSN Houston. I know I can watch other CSN's and I have DirecTv. SF plays their games on a CSN.
OA5II
AG
Sucks being a Stros fan in Dallas.
mazag08
AG
OA5.. mlbtv with a proxy. It's worth it.
OA5II
AG
How does that work? Is there a link? Thanks!!
mazag08
AG
quote:
If you buy MLBtv.. download switchy sharp for chrome. Then go to Google and type in "free proxy server." Find one with high anonymity and high speed. In switchy options.. type in the IP address and port #. Make sure it's https. Then before you click on the astros broadcast on MLBtv. . Make sure you turn on that proxy that you just set up. If it doesn't work, go back to options in switchy and find another proxy server.
OA5II
AG
Thanks
Kashchei
AG
ttt

I will be moving to Dallas in a few weeks for a new job. I have had Uverse in SA for yeara and have been able to watch the Stros via AT&T Sports (1758) and lately via the app without a hitch. Do any of you know if this still holds true in Dallas?

I wouldn't think they would be blacked out since they are on AT&T Sports and not FSSW...
Buck Compton
AG
I lived in Dallas until November and watched them on AT&T all the last year or two.
Kashchei
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.