Cubs thread v2.0

578,847 Views | 6320 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by 10andBOUNCE
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bryant finally has as many home runs as Arrieta, Montero, and Szczur have.
Biz Ag
Biz Ag
AG
Up 9-2.

Meanwhile our friends on the South Side are doing their best to keep the Twins winless.

Have to admit, I hope Jimmy Rollins has a good season.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Go Twins
TexAgs1992
This lineup continues to amaze me. Can't wait to be there tomorrow night.
Know Your Enemy
AG
7-1
BobOliver2006
AG
LOL at the Reds hitting the 100 pitch mark during the Cubs' first AB in the 4th... they threw 97 pitches in the first 3 innings
Know Your Enemy
AG
This offense is going to KILL bullpens all over baseball.
BobOliver2006
AG
quote:
To think of it in simple terms: any pitch that's a ball, this Cubs lineup is liable to take, and any pitch that's in the zone, this Cubs lineup is liable to hit out of the park. Now how is someone supposed to pitch against that?

www.fangraphs.com/blogs/this-cubs-lineup-might-be-the-most-disciplined-lineup-ever
BobOliver2006
AG
I'm going back to listen to the Reds broadcast of the first half of last night's game... this was Reds tv analyst Chris Welsh 2 pitches into Dexter Fowler's AB to lead off the bottom of the 1st:
quote:
The Cubs this year have adopted a real "work the pitcher" strategy. They came out swinging the bats very aggressively the first couple of innings [Monday night vs Brandon Finnigan]. I expect the exact opposite tonight against Alfredo Simon. They're gonna work him. They know that he doesn't just fire fastballs like Finnigan started in the first few innings. They're gonna work him, work him, work him and see if they can't get that pitch count up and make him deliver the ball over the plate.

2 pitchers/57 pitches/45 minutes later at the end of the 1st...
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Usually what they've been getting are those free passes. The Cubs have walked 48 times in their first eight games, including 10 times on Wednesday. The eight-game total is the most in that timeframe since 1974 when they walked 50 times, according to ESPN Stats & Information research. But that's just the beginning.

• As a team the Cubs are walking in 14.5 percent of their plate appearances. Last season only seven qualified players walked that often.
  • They're seeing 3.92 pitches per plate appearance, which is actually less than what they saw last year (3.98).
  • Simon's 49 pitches were the most by a pitcher in one inning this season. Garret Richards threw 41 against the Cubs on Opening Night last week.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/37601/cubs-buy-in-on-offense-is-vaulting-them-to-the-top
BobOliver2006
AG
I'm selfishly happy to see that Javy will make the trip to Round Rock with Iowa this weekend before getting activated next week. I'll go catch a game or 2. I think the last time i caught the I-Cubs at Round Rock, Felix Pie had a monster game
Know Your Enemy
AG
SWEEEEEEEEEEEP

8-1, baby!
BobOliver2006
AG
damnit i jinxed myself in Round Rock... Javy will get activated today since there's not enough offense
BobOliver2006
AG
quote:
SWEEEEEEEEEEEP

8-1, baby!

From here on out, every final score will match the Cubs' record
Know Your Enemy
AG
5 errors for the Cubs and it's still not over.
Know Your Enemy
AG
They took one error away from Rizzo so it's only 4 now.
SRCag18
AG
Nothing like having Jake on the mound to get your team out of a funk (or whatever you want to call that abomination of a game yesterday).
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs have 2 hits through 7 innings. A single by Baez and a double by Lester. Luckily we are only down 1-0.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs shut out 2-0 and lost the series to the Rockies. Only 3 hits on the game.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Beat the ****ing Cardinals
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs win 5-0. Lackey was dealing tonight.
BobOliver2006
AG
I am Jake Arrieta
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs win 2-1!
Biz Ag
AG
Suck it, Redbirds!
SRCag18
AG
Wouldn't mind a little afternoon sweeping tomorrow.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Is there anything the Cubs starting staff can't do?

quote:
Slowly, the postgame conversation returned to Hammel's hitting. Like a position player who's hot, Hammel was asked if he's doing anything differently at the plate. After all, he has driven in more runs (three) than he has given up (two) this season.
LawBoy
AG
That stat is just insane. What he did last night with runners on base was amazing. I'll admit that I didn't think he could get out of the jam that Heyward's beautiful laser throw got him out of.

I love first-half Hammel. Hopefully this season he can figure out how to keep the fastball down in the second half of the season.
Know Your Enemy
AG
And he's our #4 starter.
Know Your Enemy
AG
No sweep of the a-hole Cardinals.
Mozart Paintings
AG
He is just a stud
toucan82
It's not fair that the cubs got so many hits. They should have to give some to the reds
10andBOUNCE
AG
3rd shortest span between no no's. Incredible what Jake has done to get his career to blossom with the Cubs.
AgShaun00
Biz Ag
AG
He is on a serious roll.
First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.