Cubs thread v2.0

577,541 Views | 6318 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by AgRyan04
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As what?
CubbieAggie
AG
A non-roster invitee. He will be participating as a player in Spring Training.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Just looked it up. Can't believe he's only 34. For some reason I though he'd be older than that.
Biz Ag
AG
Kyle Schwarber has already claimed his first windshield.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/02/17/164761306/kyle-schwarber-breaks-windshield-with-bp-home-run
TexAgs1992
Anyone making a trip up sometime this season and bought tickets today through the resale? Got mine for a trip in April and cannot be more excited.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'm supposed to be in Chicago Memorial Day weekend for a surprise 80th birthday party for my mom, but I have my own season tickets I can use.
TexAgs1992
DEXTER FOWLER BACK
CubbieAggie
AG
quote:
DEXTER FOWLER BACK
WHAT?!
CubbieAggie
AG
Apparently they announced his signing AS HE WAS WALKING ONTO THE PRACTICE FIELDS. What a boss move.
Know Your Enemy
AG
THEO IS A BASEBALL GOD!

Seriously, how he pulled this off is beyond me. Dex obviously wanted to come back bad. And Cogs was traded to the A's for a RHP named Aaron Brooks so Soler is staying too.
Biz Ag
AG
http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/2/23/11080926/dexter-fowler-contract-orioles-free-agency
10andBOUNCE
AG
Definitely curious how this plays out for Soler. One would think with Schwarber still hoping to catch this it isn't completely crazy to keep Soler. But, I doubt he is on the team this whole year. I think if Almora continues to improve in Iowa that would be a natural succession from Fowler to Almora in the future as well.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Fowler - CF - 20th Among All Qualified MLBers in Pitches Per Plate Appearance
Heyward - RF - 72nd Among All Qualified MLBers in Pitches Per Plate Appearance
Rizzo - 1B - 55th Among All Qualified MLBers in Pitches Per Plate Appearance
Bryant - 3B - 21st Among All Qualified MLBers in Pitches Per Plate Appearance
Schwarber - LF - 9th Among All MLBers with at least 250 PAs in Pitches Per Plate Appearances
Zobrist - 2B - 30th Among All Qualified MLBers in Pitches Per Plate Appearance
Russell - SS - 14th Among All Qualified MLBers in Pitches Per Plate Appearance
Montero - C - 32nd Among All MLBers with at least 400 PAs in Pitches Per Plate Appearance
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Definitely curious how this plays out for Soler. One would think with Schwarber still hoping to catch this it isn't completely crazy to keep Soler. But, I doubt he is on the team this whole year. I think if Almora continues to improve in Iowa that would be a natural succession from Fowler to Almora in the future as well.
I don't think Soler goes anywhere. We saw last year how Joe loves to mix & match lineups on a daily basis. He will make sure everyone gets enough AB's.
SRCag18
AG
I would still really hate to see Soler leave. It's highly likely given the deal that Dex just signed that we keep him into 2017, so maybe, we see us trade Soler around the trade deadline. That, or, we are more pleased with Soler and don't bring back Dex next offseason.

But Schwarber will definitely be catching more.

And just imagine this lineup on Opening Day, in which we will be playing at the Angels with a DH.

P- Arrieta

C- Montero
1B- Rizzo
2B- Zobrist
3B- Bryant
SS- Russell
LF- Soler/Schwarber
CF- Dex
RF- Heyward
DH- Schwarber/Soler

Oh my.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I really don't expect Fowler back in 2017 based on the way the deal is structured but that's a ways off right now.Plus it could depend on Almora's development in the minors or how well Javy Baez adjusts to the OF assuming he plays some out there.
10andBOUNCE
AG
quote:
I really don't expect Fowler back in 2017 based on the way the deal is structured but that's a ways off right now.Plus it could depend on Almora's development in the minors or how well Javy Baez adjusts to the OF assuming he plays some out there.
Agreed. Dexter wants to have another good year and go for it all with these guys he enjoys and then get paid, I assume. Reading some articles it definietly seems feasible that they could legitimately platoon Soler and Schwarber with the bad splits Schwarber had last year vs lefties. And then again, they have another option in Baez if they feel good moving Soler. So many options - they shouldn't be in any hurry to move anyone, and I don't think they will unless Theo gets a shot at an impact young arm that is MLB ready.

Know Your Enemy
AG
Plus Schwarbs will catch some too and DH in AL ballparks. Maddon will find the at bats to keep everyone happy. He showed that last year.
BobOliver2006
AG
WTF just happened with Dex?? Is this real life?
Know Your Enemy
AG
BobOliver2006
AG
I can't wait to order my "yall thought this s*** was over motherf***ers!" t-shirt
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs signed Shane Victorino to a minor league deal.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-cubs-sign-shane-victorino-20160226-story.html
CubbieAggie
AG
Unbelievable how quickly we've turned around our OF situation. Our opening day starters in 2014 were Lake, Bonifacio, and Schierholtz. None of those guys would even make this roster.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Great article on Addison Russell.

Cubs convinced Addison Russell will thrive at shortstop
BobOliver2006
AG
Happy Cactus League opener!

Cubs @ Brewers, 2:05pm CT

Kyle Schwarber 7
Kris Bryant 5
Anthony Rizzo 3
Jorge Soler 9
Miguel Montero 2
Javy Baez 8
Tommy La Stella 4
Dan Vogelbach DH
Munenori Kawasaki 6

Travis Wood 1
TexAgs1992
quote:
Happy Cactus League opener!

Cubs @ Brewers, 2:05pm CT

Kyle Schwarber 7
Kris Bryant 5
Anthony Rizzo 3
Jorge Soler 9
Miguel Montero 2
Javy Baez 8
Tommy La Stella 4
Dan Vogelbach DH
Munenori Kawasaki 6

Travis Wood 1
Let it begin.
BobOliver2006
AG
Vogelbach and Schwarber running the bases back to back will really wear out the basepaths
TexAgs1992
Javy struggling in CF so far, but better now than in the Summer. He'll figure it out soon.
Biz Ag
AG
My cousin from Chicago who lives blocks from Wrigley is in Arizona this week.

Lot of golf and Spring Training baseball.
toucan82
ummm.... what?

Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs on MLB Network at 3pm.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
ummm.... what?

AgShaun00
AG
Awesome

Looks like a great locker room
Macpappy99
AG
The grandpa rossy stuff has been great. Bryant and Rizzo have really taken it to the next level.
Macpappy99
AG
Kris Bryant poses as European transfer at Mesa Community College

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-kris-bryant-pranks-mesa-baseball-team-20160318-story.html

First Page Last Page
Page 80 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.