Cubs thread v2.0

573,393 Views | 6317 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by 10andBOUNCE
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Junior Lake traded to Baltimore for reliever Tommy Hunter. Was hoping for a bigger deal before the deadline passed.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Good catch in center by Fowler in the 1st yesterday and timely homer from Rizzo to save the day.

10andBOUNCE
AG
Was hoping the Padres would give us Ross for Castro
Know Your Enemy
AG
Rondon made it interesting in the 9th but the Cubs hang on to finish off the sweep of Milwaukee. They are now 10 games over .500 for the first time since 2008. Big series starts tomorrow in Pittsburgh.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Huge week. Need to let the rib know I'll be more on edge than normal.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Pirates on the road then Giants at home. Yes, it's a big week.

The Cubs pulled even with the Giants yesterday, and while I'd thought the Pirates had made themselves comfortable at the top of the wild card race, they're 4 up. I know a sweep is a lot to ask, but that would (obviously) be a big deal to slow down the Pirates that much.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Giants blew the game last night, once in the 9th with a lead and again in extras with a lead. Ouch.

Back in sole possession of that 2nd wild card spot!
Know Your Enemy
AG
5-0 win tonight. Huge night for the offense with 14 hits and Arrieta was brilliant again.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Jake effing Arrieta
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs win again and take the first two against San Fran. 3 out of 4 would be great but 4 out of 4 would be outstanding. Big day for the offense while Rizzo goes hitless. I hope they leave Castro on the bench for the time being.
Biz Ag
Lance Uppercut
AG
Bryant just homered. The Cubs have started to hit over the last 2 weeks, and the starters have still been good. The bullpen is still acting like the bullpen
Know Your Enemy
AG
We need bullpen help.
Know Your Enemy
AG
4 game sweep coming tomorrow with Arrieta on the mound.
Stoli7
Russell starting to get hot the last week or so!
10andBOUNCE
AG
You have to believe they will see if Carl Edwards can give them a bump as someone with a live arm and misses alot of bats.

Exciting series. Let's get the brooms out!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs on TBS today.
Know Your Enemy
AG
SWEEEEEEEEEEEP
Mozart Paintings
AG
Way too interesting.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Reminded me of Mitch Williams.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Only 3 teams in baseball with a better record.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Rondon was really making me nervous. Now the Brewers are coming to town for 3 Tuesday-Thursday.

I'm sure everyone saw, but Castro lost his starting gig at SS "indefinitely". He hasn't even had an AB since Maddon it was decided on Friday. He's at least saying the right things...that he was upset at first, but that he understands that he isn't hitting and he'll just have to make the most of the opportunity when it comes around again. Also, no plans to bring up Baez anytime soon, though he's doing a good job at the plate in AAA.

Also, I was looking at how the Cubs acquired some of their players, mainly the starters and new guys. Forgot that they'd traded Hammel and then gotten him back in the offseason.

Pitching:

Jason Hammel: Free Agent, Dec 2014
Jon Lester: Free Agent, Dec 2014
Jake Arrieta: Dec. 2013, From Baltimore with Pedro Strop for Steve Clevenger and Scott Feldman
Kyle Hendricks: July 2012; From Texas with Christian Villanueva for Ryan Dempster
Dan Haren: August 2015, From Miami with cash for Ivan Pinyero and Elliot Soto

Position Players:

Addison Russell: July 2014; From Oakland with Billy McKinney, Dan Straily, and cash for Hammel and Samardzija
Khris Bryant: 2nd overall pick in 2013 draft
Anthony Rizzo: Jan 2012; From San Diego with Zac Cates for Kyung-Min Na and Andrew Cashner
Kyle Schwarber: 4th overall pick in 2014 draft
Jorge Soler: June 2012, signed as an amateur free agent
Know Your Enemy
AG
Baez has gone cold in the past 4-5 games from what I read.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Was actually thinking a week or so ago how long Maddon would stick with Castro. He has been managing on a mission lately and I love it.

I would assume Castro would only get in vs lefties? Curious when he goes back in again if it will be at SS or 2B.

Tremendous series for the Cubs and could very well be the turning point. Hopefully They can keep their foot on the gas vs the Brew Crew.
Stoli7
Another win!!
Biz Ag
AG
Real nice momentum right now.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Castro came in at 2nd late in the game. He went 0-1 after Coghlan started and went 1-3 with a walk.

I'd always thought Castro should get at try at second, considering the longer throw from short seems to be what gets him on routine errors.

Baez is hitting .290 in AAA with 11 HR. I know his time in the majors didn't amount to much last year, but the rumors earlier were that Castro was part of the Cubs trade offers. Weird that he's a 3 time all star and a rookie of the year candidate, but has 2 poor seasons sandwiching last year's AS/.290 avg/career high HR season. Hopefully he can pick it back up.
Know Your Enemy
AG
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Stoli7
That catch! Headed to Wrigley next week for the braves series, hopefully they save some wins for me.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Two HR's for Schwarber and the game isn't even over yet.
10andBOUNCE
AG
7 in a row
Know Your Enemy
AG
CUBS WIN!!!!!! Perfect 7-0 home stand. 13 out of the last 14.

Destroy the White Sox!
Know Your Enemy
AG
5 dongers today. 2 for Schwabe Ruth and 1 each for Fowler, Rizzo, and Denorfia.
Lance Uppercut
AG
The recent Cubs tear and the past couple days of highlight-filled games has been pretty fun.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Another day, another win.
First Page Last Page
Page 64 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.