Cubs thread v2.0

578,872 Views | 6320 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by 10andBOUNCE
bluestainedivy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not disagreeing, but what's your logic?
Say Chowdah
AG
Salad!

Worst thing on that at bat, Shields didn't throw 1 friggin strike!
Know Your Enemy
AG
He can hit to all fields. I like that in the 2 spot.
Know Your Enemy
AG
**** the home plate umpire. Two blatantly missed called 3rd strikes come directly before both HR's driving in all 5 runs in a 5-4 loss. Maddon had a right to scream & yell.
Mozart Paintings
AG
quote:
**** the home plate umpire. Two blatantly missed called 3rd strikes come directly before both HR's driving in all 5 runs in a 5-4 loss. Maddon had a right to scream & yell.

Both borderline and could have been strikes for sure. But not blatant.

And the ump didn't cause the pitcher to throw meat on the next pitch in both cases.
Know Your Enemy
AG
K zone showed them both clearly inside the strike zone.
Know Your Enemy
AG
K-zone showed both pitches clearly in the strike zone.
Know Your Enemy
AG
K-zone showed both pitches clearly in the strike zone.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs on MLB Network today. Of course, the Blackhawks are on at 2pm too. At least I can flip back & forth.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Great to see Bryant bounce back and get on base 5 of 6 times. Good at bat against Kimbrel too.

Cashner will be another tough test for him out of the gates.
Mozart Paintings
AG
quote:
And the ump didn't cause the pitcher to throw meat on the next pitch in both cases.

Know Your Enemy
AG
The next pitches never should've happened. That's the point. They weren't borderline. They were strikes.
Mozart Paintings
AG
I know. Just messing around. But yesterday in extra innings, on a Rizzo steal, a perfect strike three was not called against Bryant. That pitcher didn't in turn serve up a home run on the very next pitch.

Bad calls happen. Work around them.

And for the record I'm a Cubs fan.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Had to watch on my phone but it didn't appear to be a clear strike on Bryant. I get that bad calls happen and that the pitcher shouldn't have served up meatballs on the next pitch. But when it happens multiple times in the same game and causes you to lose by 1 run it pisses me off.
Mozart Paintings
AG
quote:
It causes you to lose by 1 run it pisses me off.

Geez. Again. The crappy pitches had waaay more to do with the loss than the bad calls.

And the strike against Bryant was more in the Zone, according to the admittedly arbitrary TV placed strike zone, than the other two.

In the meantime. Go Hawks!! Up 4-2
Know Your Enemy
AG
The crappy pitches that shouldn't have even happened?
Mozart Paintings
AG
blaming refs/Umps is a losers game. Let's hope the cubbies don't have to do that all year.

Really, that Bryant pitch yesterday wasn't a strike? Dude, homer down.

I guess the umps screwed up yesterday when the bullpen blew a 4 run 9th inning lead. And I'm sure they somehow screwed the Cubs today as they are down 3 in the 9th.
Know Your Enemy
AG
One bad call (or missed call) is one thing. But you're not going to get me to shut up when the same umpire is making the same obvious mistake multiple times in the same game.

And I already said I was watching the game on my phone. I was outside at a bar in the sun. I didn't have the best look. Either way, asking me to turn down the homerism isn't going to happen on this thread. I've been a Cubs fan longer than most posters on this thread have been alive. I'm not changing who I am now. Sorry if that offends you.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Fair enough! No more on that subject. Go Cubs!

For the record I've been a fan since I lived there in the early 80s. Just not a normal poster on this thread.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I know I'm an ******* and can be sensitive when it comes to the Cubs & this thread. We've had a good group of guys around for many years even through the very lean years. Glad you've joined us here. I welcome all real Cubs fans in this thread. Anyone else can **** off.
AgShaun00
AG
no mention of the lester ball stuck in the glove play. That was pretty cool to see. I have to stop watching as everytime the bullpen comes in and I watch, they give up a bomb.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Watched the start of the game but flipped over to NBC when the Blackhawks game started. It was 2-2 last I saw.
toucan82
seeing some stuff on the Twitter doohickey that Addison Russell is getting called up

so I guess that's something
Know Your Enemy
AG
The future is now.
pasquale
AG
I hope he fills the void the Cubs have had at 2b for a long time
10andBOUNCE
AG
Will definitely be interesting what happens long term with him and Castro at SS. But for now this infield is loaded with YOUNG talent. Exciting times.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Cubs have started putting up some runs. It's fun to watch the new guys step in.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs win 9-8 after scoring 3 in the 9th! Castro had 4 RBI and I think Bryant had 2. Castillo homered too. Russell went 0-5 with 3 K's.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Crazy game. Bullpen making me nervous. But when Jackson picks up the Vulture win you gotta like it.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Any Cubs win is a good win.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Bullpen has taken a nose dive after a great first week.

Need to get Grimm and Ramirez back healthy this season. Wonder if Jackson will start to carve out a more prominent role since he does have decent stuff. Motte and Coke need to get it together.

A win is a win!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Bryant K's with 1 on down 1 in the 9th to end the game. Cubs lose 4-3. Oh, that was center fielder Kris Bryant.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs blow 4-1 lead and lose 5-4 to split the series.
10andBOUNCE
AG
This bullpen has been awful. Should have gotten 3 of 4.
BobOliver2006
AG
Welington sure didn't help his bullpen out!
First Page Last Page
Page 56 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.