Cubs thread v2.0

577,296 Views | 6318 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by AgRyan04
Mike Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kimbrel with blown save. He's been great thus far. Cubs can't get out of their own way the past month.
Know Your Enemy
AG
They flat out suck right now. But tonight wasn't all on Kimbrel. He was good enough to get the save but the defense let him down.

And **** Addison Russell. Get him the hell off this team.
Mike Elko
AG
Back in win column and tied for first. Get the next two against Sox and recharge during ASB.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Sweep of the Pirates to open the second half.
diehard03
Good to see Yu contributing...and Lester being a #pitcherthatrakes.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Awful game tonight. Just can't beat the ****ty Reds.

And Willy is headed to the IL while Montgomery has been traded for Martin Maldonado.
pasquale
AG
Headed to Chicago tomorrow and going to first game at Wrigley on Friday! Must be cursed as just saw a heat wave will be there while we are on vacation there....
Mozart Paintings
AG
pasquale said:

Headed to Chicago tomorrow and going to first game at Wrigley on Friday! Must be cursed as just saw a heat wave will be there while we are on vacation there....

I have tickets Friday also. Going to be brutally hot.
pasquale
AG
I drove bus said:

pasquale said:

Where your seats? Yeah my wife isn't thrilled about 100 degree temps but we should be used to the heat. Ha

Mozart Paintings
AG
pasquale said:

I drove bus said:

pasquale said:

Where your seats? Yeah my wife isn't thrilled about 100 degree temps but we should be used to the heat. Ha

section 208, row 4. i make several games a year so I'm not sure I'm even going to go. If so, it might not be for long. If my seats are an upgrade you will be welcome to sit in them. They are in the shade for the entire game at least, and they are unobstructed. If interested let me know.
pasquale
AG
I drove bus said:

pasquale said:

I drove bus said:

pasquale said:

section 208, row 4. i make several games a year so I'm not sure I'm even going to go. If so, it might not be for long. If my seats are an upgrade you will be welcome to sit in them. They are in the shade for the entire game at least, and they are unobstructed. If interested let me know.

We got general admission and planning to sit in bleachers to soak it all in. This was before the record heat though! We may be interested but I know my boys want to start out in the bleachers and we have 4 in our group
Mozart Paintings
AG
pasquale said:

I drove bus said:

pasquale said:

I drove bus said:

pasquale said:

We got general admission and planning to sit in bleachers to soak it all in. This was before the record heat though! We may be interested but I know my boys want to start out in the bleachers and we have 4 in our group
enjoy the bleachers.... yeah you won't be able to come over anyway since you have bleacher seats. There is a separation. You will bake so be careful and have sunscreen. Last year I went to a Friday game in similar circumstances..... it was tough. Hopefully there is a breeze.
Macpappy99
AG
What happened to Darvish during the all star break?
pasquale
AG
What a game! I saw it all today and Rizzo grand slam was 4 rows in front of us. What a scene
Know Your Enemy
AG
Javy being Javy.

pasquale
AG
What does everyone think the Cubs need at trade deadline? Kimbrel was huge. I've seen rumors of Whit Merrifield from Royals. That would be huge but sounds like we don't have farm system for it. I'd deal Russell and Schwarber if KC would take that
Know Your Enemy
AG
We need someone to play CF and get on base at the top of the order. Maybe another lefty in the pen.
AgShaun00
AG
CE Jr needs to go. Can't throw a strike.
Mike Elko
AG
Dude's a headcase. Saw him pitch in Round Rock a couple Saturdays ago. Small sample size, but looked sharp. Didn't take him long to revert back to crap in the show.
Know Your Enemy
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Dude's a headcase. Saw him pitch in Round Rock a couple Saturdays ago. Small sample size, but looked sharp. Didn't take him long to revert back to crap in the show.
Not defending him but it was pretty stupid of Maddon to throw him into a high pressure situation his first appearance back, especially considering he was struggling before he went on the IL.
Mike Elko
AG
Yep, Maddon's made some questionable pitching moves this season, with yesterday being at the top of the list. He still hasn't learned from G7.
Know Your Enemy
AG
He has been optioned to Iowa, by the way.
Know Your Enemy
AG
**** Pedro Strop.
diehard03
Quote:

**** Pedro Strop.

He's already allowed more runs in 30 appearances this season than 60 last year. Looks like some of it is due to bad defense. His hits allowed are up, HRs are up, walks the same and SOs up. Go figure.
Mike Elko
AG
As a team, the Cubs have blown 17 outta 41 save opportunities. That ****'s unacceptable. If they convert half of those 17, it's a comfortable division lead. Instead, we sweat.

*Typo
Know Your Enemy
AG
Lester is sick and has been scratched from today's start. Chatwood is replacing him. On the bright side, that POS Russell has been banished to Iowa.
pasquale
AG
Russell hasn't panned out as a player and definitely not as a human being either
Biz Ag
AG
Heading to Chicago next week and taking my son to the game vs. the Brewers next Friday.

Any recs on good Chicago-style pizza within walking distance of Wrigley?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Biz Ag said:

Heading to Chicago next week and taking my son to the game vs. the Brewers next Friday.

There's a bar called HVAC Pub a few block south on Clark Street and their pizza is surprisingly good. It's thin crust, though. I don't know any of the other places. If you want deep dish I would just Uber to the nearest Lou Malnati's or Gino'S east.
Know Your Enemy
AG
By the way, it appears Happ is finally on his way back to the bigs. Hoping a DFA for Descalso is the corresponding move but my worry is Bryant to the IL.
pasquale
AG
Biz Ag said:

We just got back from Chicago last week. Not sure how old your son is but The Cubby Bear is kid friendly on the second floor on game days.

We liked Giordani for the pizza while we were there. Like Junkhead said, Uber is surprisingly cheap (except the surge after the game). We hung out at Deuces after for a few drinks.

Are you sitting in the bleachers or have assigned seats?
Biz Ag
AG
Our son is 13 and our seats are in section 212.

We'll probably check out the Cubby Bear. He loves pizza so I appreciate the tips.

It's been several years since I've been to a game at Wrigley (2003). That night I took my wife, Matt Clement pitches something like a 3-hit shutout and the game was like 2-1/2 hours long so it definitely shortened our experience - lol.
Biz Ag
AG
Cubs acquire lefty relief pitcher Derek Holland from the Giants for cash considerations
Know Your Enemy
AG
Biz Ag said:

Cubs acquire lefty relief pitcher Derek Holland from the Giants for cash considerations
Mike Elko
AG
Holland and Happ (who's starting tonight). Woo. Hoo.

(C'mon, reverse psychology.)
First Page Last Page
Page 170 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.