Cubs thread v2.0

578,785 Views | 6320 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by 10andBOUNCE
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
spelling fail. christian singer...makes sense carry on
diehard03
Quote:

spelling fail. christian singer...makes sense carry on

Not really. I listen to Christian music and still have no idea who she is (in that arena)

This situation is nuts. She's filing in Cook County to make sure she gets a piece of his 9M remaining on contract.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Plot twist. Zobrist filed his own divorce papers in Tennessee today claiming his wife "has been guilty of inappropriate marital conduct".
diehard03
I think it's just legalese as they fight out jurisdiction based to establish a basis for the assets to split...namely the 9M I referenced earlier.

I don't think there's anything to glean from "inappropriate marital conduct". That could simply mean she doesn't want to be married to him anymore!
Know Your Enemy
AG
****ing CJ
Biz Ag
AG
On the bright side, booked my flight to Chicago on July 31st. Looking for three tickets vs. the Brewers on Friday 08/02.

Junkhead - do you have anything available that day?
Know Your Enemy
AG
I only have nights & weekends. Friday is not considered weekend and they only play day games on Friday. Sorry.
Biz Ag
AG
No worries.

My son has never been to Wrigley, so he is pumped up.
AgShaun00
AG
Biz Ag said:

No worries.

My son has never been to Wrigley, so he is pumped up.
took my kids last summer for first time and we were first group on jumbotron. Made a sign first time at wrigley all the way from texas. Great day besides a crappy performance from the cubs.
diehard03
Quote:

****ing CJ

This I am in full agreement on. I'm starting to think that him not closing out the WS has had a negative effect on him mentally.
diehard03
Quote:

I only have nights & weekends. Friday is not considered weekend and they only play day games on Friday. Sorry.

Ill be there on Sunday the 26th. I can tell you how wrong you are about Javy/Russell in person!

(JK, but a beers on me if you are there and you aren't a stadium away)
Know Your Enemy
AG
Well Bote has sure gone out of his way lately to make me look like a fool for trusting his glove.

Appreciate the offer but as of now I have no trips scheduled back home so I will not be there. I will be here in DFW as usual most likely.
diehard03
No problems. I can't ever tell where some of you are currently at.
Know Your Enemy
AG
This Bryant kid doesn't suck.
Know Your Enemy
AG
2nd in MLB history!

Biz Ag
Biz Ag
AG
Baez!
diehard03
1 pitch. He's good, right?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Man, Rizzo DESTROYED that ball. Wow.
diehard03
I know it was the same yesterday, but back up 2 games ahead of the brewers, all in the loss column.

Stros series looming. That's going to be a thing.
Know Your Enemy
AG
GO SIGN A ****ING CLOSER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike Elko
AG
Junkhead said:

GO SIGN A ****ING CLOSER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike Elko
AG
Rough stretch for Cubbies. And Baez 0-5 with 5 Ks today... Yikes.
diehard03
Quote:

Rough stretch for Cubbies. And Baez 0-5 with 5 Ks today... Yikes.

Yep. Golden Sombrero Javi and "Pinch Hit, 1 pitch, walk off" Javi are the same guy.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Starting pitching has not been good lately.
diehard03
BTW Junkhead, I have to give you credit. I saw Javy playing SS and Russell playing 2B the other day and thought "goddammit Junkhead..."
Know Your Enemy
AG
diehard03 said:

BTW Junkhead, I have to give you credit. I saw Javy playing SS and Russell playing 2B the other day and thought "goddammit Junkhead..."
Know Your Enemy
AG
I made the mistake of checking the Astros thread just now. What a whiny bunch of ****s. They actually have the nerve to say Cubs fans are the worst bandwagon fans of all. **** that. This board was almost completely devoid of Astros fans for years this decade. Now that they're good everyone is a lifelong fan.
diehard03
yeah, ive tried engaging in the past and most of their posters just want to high five or say dumb stuff about the other team. it is what it is. It's their thread.

I get that they are upset that they are really good and World Champs recently and have to see all the blue in the stands...but i guess they forget that while a lot travel down for the game, most of those people live there. So, they really just made at their own neighbors.

In their defense, I know a lot of asshat Cubs fans up here, so I bet they run into some down there too.
diehard03
Thanks to Milwaukee (or the Twins) for letting up keep 1st place for another day.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Hendricks was nails tonight. Two solo HR's was all we needed to avoid the sweep. Enjoy the off day tomorrow and then beat the **** out of the Cardinals this weekend in **** Louis.
diehard03
Amen. Hopefully the same Cards that are getting plastered by the Phillies show up for us.
pasquale
AG
Kimbrel this week please
Mike Elko
AG
pasquale said:

Kimbrel this week please

Agreed. Theo's had ample time to sign a respectable closer since Morrow's initial injury. What a waste of time/wins. Cubs have been frustrating to watch recently, but the bullpen's been a nightmare all season.
diehard03
What a dreadful weekend.
First Page Last Page
Page 168 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.