Cubs thread v2.0

578,864 Views | 6320 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by 10andBOUNCE
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Schwarbs swung at ball 3 and then got boned by a bad call to make it 2-2. Ruined the whole inning.
pasquale
AG
Come on KB....find your stroke!
Know Your Enemy
AG
FINISH THEM!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Get Harper and Machado
Know Your Enemy
AG
Murphy saves KB's ass.
pasquale
AG
Are the Cubs out of players now?
Know Your Enemy
AG
pasquale said:

Are the Cubs out of players now?

Position players, yes.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Come on, man.
Know Your Enemy
AG
And there it is.
pasquale
AG
Their bench guys hit and ours can't get it done
Know Your Enemy
AG
Beat by a .170 hitter.
Mozart Paintings
AG
That's a long ass night and I'll be tired tomorrow. Damnit.

Goodnight season.
Know Your Enemy
AG
2 runs in 22 innings with the season on the line. Yeah, not a choke job at all.
Macpappy99
AG
Fire chili davis
BoDog
AG
This season has sucked since mid August. See you boys next year. I'll be in Arlington for the Ranger's series.
pasquale
AG
Better get some bats going into next season (and get rid of Heyward)
Lance Uppercut
AG
It was hard to watch a major league lineup hit that poorly for that long.

56 less homers from last season and a 30 point drop in OPS
TexAgs1992
Awful. Despicable. Miserable. Infuriating. I cannot believe these bats folded like this down the stretch and into the postseason. Chili needs to go and Maddon might need to as well. Time to hire Girardi or Ross then sign Bryce. Figure the rest out afterwards.
Know Your Enemy
AG
No thanks on Girardi.
agsalaska
AG
My seven year old was upset with the news this morning. He has been a Cubs fan ever since he was on the Cubs T-ball team. I let him stay up thru 9 last night but then he had to go to bed.

Of course, being 7, he is also a Rangers, Astros, Brewers, Nationals, Angels(only Mike Trout), Athletics fan and a fan of whoever is playing the Cardinals, Yankees, Dodgers, or Red Sox. So he still has a lot of action going.
diehard03
60something less runs scored this year.

I thought for sure when Javy got to 3rd we'd have an attempt at some home stealing shennanigans
diehard03
Quote:

"Sometimes you need to get your dick knocked in the dirt in order to appreciate where you're at. You know what? Maybe we needed that. Maybe we needed to get knocked down a peg or two to realize nothing's going to be given to us."
Know Your Enemy
AG
Love me some Jon Lester.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Pick up Hamels option?
Mike Elko
AG
BoDog said:

This season has sucked since mid August. See you boys next year. I'll be in Arlington for the Ranger's series.
Ditto. Hopefully this team comes back hungrier than ever after this total fade job the past month. Need a true lead-off hitter and more contact all around. The heart of our order strikes out way too much. And Bryant needs to figure things out... Dude's regressed in a major way. What a disappointing stretch for the Cubbies. Harper would create a new buzz, so find a way to drop Russell/Happ/and maybe even Schwabs. Time to reset a tick or two.
diehard03
I think they pick up the Hamels option.

Need Happ/Contreras/Russell/Bryant to pick it up (althought I think Bryant will be fine if he just puts the bat down in the offeason)
Know Your Enemy
AG
I want Hamels back but not really at $20MM. Would he really get that in the open market?

Also, I have a connection in the Rangers ticket office and am already working with him on a group order for the opening series next year if anyone is interested in sitting with us.
10andBOUNCE
AG
I might be in the minority but I prefer no monster contracts this offseason. If they did go that route I'd prefer Machado over Harper. I think infield versatility is more valuable than a lefty corner OF bat.

I'd prefer most money go to SP and RP and maybe a solid bat like DJ. Just my 2 cents.
Know Your Enemy
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

I might be in the minority but I prefer no monster contracts this offseason. If they did go that route I'd prefer Machado over Harper. I think infield versatility is more valuable than a lefty corner OF bat.

I'd prefer most money go to SP and RP and maybe a solid bat like DJ. Just my 2 cents.
Did you not watch the complete lack of offense the last month or so?
diehard03
Jed Hoyer on the Score @ 11am Friday.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Yes. The issue all season was inconsistency. Give me a healthy Bryant next year and a bounce back from Contreras and I feel good. Get a nice piece to supplement.
Know Your Enemy
AG
https://twitter.com/MarlyRiveraESPN/status/1047366530760159232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1047366530760159232&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231047366530760159232
diehard03
Quote:

Yes. The issue all season was inconsistency. Give me a healthy Bryant next year and a bounce back from Contreras and I feel good. Get a nice piece to supplement.

You are going to need a SS.
Know Your Enemy
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

You are going to need a SS.
Or a 2B and someone to spell Javy at SS occasionally.
TexAgs1992
Junkhead said:

I want Hamels back but not really at $20MM. Would he really get that in the open market?

Also, I have a connection in the Rangers ticket office and am already working with him on a group order for the opening series next year if anyone is interested in sitting with us.

Count me in.
First Page Last Page
Page 162 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.