Cubs thread v2.0

577,652 Views | 6318 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by AgRyan04
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It wouldn't surprise me to see them win the division since it's still not very good but I have a hard time believing that this is a World Series team unless they add some pitching by the deadline.
BoDog
AG
Maybe so but as it stands now a team like LA would easily sweep this Cubs team in a playoff series....
Know Your Enemy
AG
No argument there.
Sex Panther
AG
Went to my first game at Wrigley on Friday. Had an absolute blast. Such a cool baseball environment.
AgShaun00
AG
Wow judge wow.
Biz Ag
AG
Report: Cubs offered Kyle Schwarber for Tigers' Michael Fulmer
Know Your Enemy
AG
I don't want Schwarber to go.
AgShaun00
AG
Junkhead said:

I don't want Schwarber to go.
I like him, but he is an AL guy. I rather have solid defense with Almore or Happ than schwarbs. To me, 1B is the only place where he isn't an liability on defense.
Know Your Enemy
AG
He is not THAT bad defensively. I know he's struggling now but I hate to give up a bat like his. And he's got a great eye and is a good clubhouse presence as well.
LawHall88
AG
Might be an opportunity for a team with surplus pitching to buy low for Schwarber. He's been bad this year, but the potential is still there.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Honestly selling high on Happ may be better for the Cubs. Eloy Jimenez is looking like it won't be too long before he's ready for Wrigley, There's another outfielder for you. Unless we look at trading Addy and playing Baez at SS and Happ at 2B for thr future.
AgShaun00
AG
Junkhead said:

Honestly selling high on Happ may be better for the Cubs. Eloy Jimenez is looking like it won't be too long before he's ready for Wrigley, There's another outfielder for you. Unless we look at trading Addy and playing Baez at SS and Happ at 2B for thr future.
addy got the dark cloud over his head. If he didn't, i think that is the move you make.
Know Your Enemy
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Junkhead said:

addy got the dark cloud over his head. If he didn't, i think that is the move you make.
I don't think that would be a big issue for a lot of teams (see Aroldis Chapman last year). My only concern with that move is who the backup SS would be.
AgShaun00
AG
Zobrist has played it this year I believe for a game or two. Can happ do it?
Know Your Enemy
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Zobrist has played it this year I believe for a game or two. Can happ do it?
Short? Zobrist?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Looks like Zobrist has played 8 innings at SS over 3 games this season. I must have missed those games. Happ has not played there at all.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Breaking: Cubs acquire Jose Quintana from White Sox via trade for top prospects

Quote:

The Cubs and White Sox have gotten together on a pretty big trade. The White Sox announced Thursday that left-handed starting pitcher Jose Quintana has been sent to the Cubs for minor-leaguers Eloy Jimenez (OF), Dylan Cease (RHP), Matt Rose (1B) and Bryant Flete (infielder).
Mike Elko
AG
Wow, #5 prospect in baseball (and three other prospects) for this?

"Quintana, 28, is 4-8 with a 4.49 ERA this season after going 13-12 with a 3.20 ERA last year."

Hopefully a change of scenery is all he needs to right the ship. I read earlier this week that Jimenez was untouchable... I guess not.
AgShaun00
AG
has to be #fakenews

No way they would trade him
Know Your Enemy
AG
Quintana is under team control through 2020 and has been pitching much better lately. 2.70 ERA since June. Think he pitched in the WBC so maybe that played a part in his slow start this season. Eloy had been struggling to hit for average at A ball and Cease had arm surgery not too long ago, I think. We will see how this plays out over the next several years before we will know if it was a good deal.
diehard03
I wonder if White Sox rejected Schwarber for Jimenez in the talks. Heyward/Schwarber are keeping Jimenez out
TexAgs1992
This trade is a win-win for both us and the White Sox. We get a pitcher under team control until 2020 and now have a great staff of him, Lester and Hendricks for the next few years. The White Sox are getting four solid prospects who were going to have trouble finding spots on the Cubs roster until 2018.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Jimenez & Cease are the parts of the deal the Sox are excited about but both were at A ball, posisble getting promoted shortly to AA. No idea who the other two are.
Know Your Enemy
AG

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm
Know Your Enemy
AG
Found this on another site. Makes me much more excited about this trade.

Quote:

The list of pitchers with a higher fWAR since 2014 than Jose Quintana:

Clayton Kershaw
Chris Sale
Max Scherzer
Corey Kluber
David Price
Jake Arrieta
Jon Lester
diehard03
That list just makes me sad for how far Arrieta has fallen.
BobOliver2006
AG
Junkhead said:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

maybe he WAS actually at the World Series, parade, and Cubs Convention and just nobody recognized him!
Know Your Enemy
AG
WHAT A START TO THE SECOND HALF!!!!!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
Well that was an exciting game.
Know Your Enemy
AG
This Quintana guy doesn't suck.
diehard03
What a difference bad opposing pitchers make.

BTW, Schwarber is on 5 game hitting streak.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Wade Davis just took a few years off my life.
Know Your Enemy
AG
But the Cubs are 4-0 since the break while the Brewers are 2-2.
Mike Elko
AG
Gaining momentum. Hopefully Lackey keeps it going tonight. Make us proud, John... Make us proud.
First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.