Cubs thread v2.0

578,741 Views | 6320 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by 10andBOUNCE
Mike Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fly the W!!!

On a side note, Schwarber should be sent down so he can get his swing/confidence back. 0-4, 4 Ks... Sucky.
Know Your Enemy
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

On a side note, Schwarber should be sent down so he can get his swing/confidence back. 0-4, 4 Ks... Sucky.
Mike Elko
AG
Been saying it for a while... He's just not hitting: .181/.299/.356. With 51 Ks. Numbers don't lie. We have several other outfielders that can play/platoon while he spends a week in Iowa.

Correction: 55 Ks... 55.
diehard03
The only thing that's going to fix his confidence is mashing at the major league level. He will get there. Only 25% into the season. I don't care if he's merely average in the regular season so long as he's putting Cardinal pitches on top of the scoreboard in the playoffs.
Know Your Enemy
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Been saying it for a while... He's just not hitting: .181/.299/.356. With 51 Ks. Numbers don't lie. We have several other outfielders that can play/platoon while he spends a week in Iowa.

Check his BABIP. Hes been very unlucky with balls put in play. He's always going to strike out.
Know Your Enemy
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

First inning woes continue. This Butler guy sucks... Demote him ASAP.
Mike Elko
AG
Touche. He looked good today.

Edit: And I hope I'm just as wrong about Schwarber, too!
Know Your Enemy
AG
He's looked good in multiple starts now.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Even with the loss tonight the Cubs are still in first place. Forgot to post last night that we had reclaimed that spot pending the outcome of the Cardinals game.
Mike Elko
AG
Continue to win series.

Oh, and Schwarber will only face righties moving forward.
Mike Elko
AG
This team just sucks.
Know Your Enemy
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

This team just sucks.

You're an idiot and I'm putting you back on ignore.
AgShaun00
AG
This team sucks right now is a better way to express it.
Biz Ag
AG
Not even June and people are jumping ship?

Give me a friggin break.
AgShaun00
AG
The pitching is frustrating. I don't get it.
Mike Elko
AG
Cool... 'Cause I really give a poop.

25-25, already swept three times, and losing to bad teams. Hendricks implodes today and we're given 10 free passes, yet score two runs. I won't even mention Schwarber, Russel, Arrieta, and even Lester looking like minor leaguers thus far.

I love what Cubbies did last season, but they're average (at best) this season... At least thru 50 games. Very frustrating, indeed.
BobOliver2006
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

I won't even mention Schwarber, Russel, Arrieta, and even Lester looking like minor leaguers thus far.
I don't really know why Russell, Arrieta, and especially Lester are in any category with Schwarber... maybe it's good you didn't mention that.
AgShaun00
AG
i saw on sportscenter that the cubs have the worst BARISP in MLB. I think it is .219. That explains a lot. The SP ERA is up over 1.5 from last year.
diehard03
Their defensive regression has been astounding. You can find a myriad of sabremetric pieces out there that attribute some of the SP ERA to that. They had a historic BABIP against last year.
diehard03
Quote:

Hendricks implodes today

I only caught the post game with Pat/Ron but it sounded like the grand slam was fluky as well. (well, not the home run, but the runners aboard). 2 bloop hits + a HBP that was more like he leaned into one.

That said, they could have been being homers there.
Know Your Enemy
AG
He missed his spot on the GS but they were very lucky to get a couple of those guys on base before that.
Mike Elko
AG
The Padres... Really?!
BoDog
AG
I'm at a total loss to explain this team/season. The result of practically every game for a Cub fan is a punch to the gut. The lone saving grace may be the fact that they are in the NL Central.

Know Your Enemy
AG
It's very frustrating right now but this team is too good not to turn it around. I just can't believe how everyone seems to be struggling at the same time. This could mean a long stretch of wins when the guys start to break out of this funk. This division is still very winnable despite the poor start.
TexAgs1992
I'm not freaking out until we are .500 halfway through the season. Baseball is a long season and like Junkhead said, this team can easily turn it around.
diehard03
Quote:

I just can't believe how everyone seems to be struggling at the same time.

BA with RISP will level off. They are leading the NL in LOB.

The big issue is that the defense needs to pick up the pitching.
Mike Elko
AG
Annnd, swept by one of the worst teams in baseball. What a joke the Cubs have been... With all the talent in the world, they sit two games under .500 and have lost six straight. Pathetic effort by the entire team/coaching staff.
BobOliver2006
AG
Every team in the NL Central is on a multiple game losing streak. That's impressive.
Mike Elko
AG
Fowler gets WS ring during return to Wrigley, then homers to lead-off game. It's almost laughable how much of a ****-show the Cubs are thus far... Almost.
Mike Elko
AG
Schwarber: 0-2, 2 Ks.
Russell: 0-2, 2 Ks.
Happ: 0-3, 2 Ks.

Russell brings his glove... That's about all that can be said for this group. Schwarber continues to be worthless both on the field and in the batter's box. Oh, cool, he hits a mammoth HR once a month... Yippee!
AgShaun00
AG
How was that not a hr Hayward
LawHall88
AG
Schwarber's collapse is downright mystifying. Maybe he was overhyped because of his World Series performance, but he's hitting .160.

Schwarber batting against Sam Dyson, what happens?
Know Your Enemy
AG
AgShaun00 said:

How was that not a hr Hayward
wind
Mike Elko
AG
LawHall88 said:

Schwarber's collapse is downright mystifying. Maybe he was overhyped because of his World Series performance, but he's hitting .160.

Schwarber batting against Sam Dyson, what happens?
He needs to be sent to Triple A, as I've been saying all damn season.

Ha! The planet might explode with that crappy matchup.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs win
First Page Last Page
Page 128 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.