Cubs thread v2.0

578,527 Views | 6320 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by 10andBOUNCE
Mozart Paintings
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This ump has been pretty rough through 4
Mike Elko
AG
Bryant's starting to get it going!

Schwarber needs to sit for about a week. He's been absolutely terrible.
Biz Ag
AG
Love the aggressive base running by Jay.
Know Your Enemy
Know Your Enemy
AG
So it appears Chris Bosio's "personal matter" that has kept him away from the team recently was a suspension for implying that Brewers slugger Eric Thames is on PED's. Supposedly the FO was pissed at his comments.
Mike Elko
AG
Ha! I heard a radio talking head imply the same thing about Thames. And he probably is on the juice. If true, I'm gonna be pissed that we dropped games to Marte and Thames.

Cubs still need to hit their stride ASAFP.
Mike Elko
AG
Yet another great outing by a starting pitcher. Gonna be a looong season with results like this.
diehard03
I think the pitching will bounce back once their velocity picks up. Having the entire staff be down sounds like it's strategic from the Cubs perspective. Anderson might not be an answer when its' all said and done.

I think Swarbs will start to hit soon too. I find the error fiesta at the end of the Boston game to be inexcusable.
diehard03
Gotta love the NL central. 2 games separate top to bottom. Cardinals 1 game back with -8 run differential. 2 teams at bottom are tied and are better than every other cellar dweller in the league. Cubs are the "worst" division leader.
Mike Elko
AG
And yet another first inning HR given up last night. It's become almost laughable how the Cubs starters continue to dig a hole in the first... Oh well, at least the bats woke up. Time for the entire team to wake up, too.
BobOliver2006
AG
At some point this supposed easing into the season for the rotation is going to become counterproductive if the division isn't wrapped up early
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs win
Mike Elko
AG
No first inning runs/HRs this afternoon! Can't remember the last time we had a relatively easy first... And Lackey of all pitchers!!!
Mike Elko
AG
And good decision to (finally) sit Schwarber. He's been really bad... Jay with the lead-off single.
Mike Elko
AG
Ugly W, but a W nonetheless.
Know Your Enemy
CubbieAggie
AG
Fun stat of the day from Bleacher Nation:

Cubs 1st inning ERA: 11.00. Worst in baseball
Cubs ERA after the 1st: 3.06. 2nd best in baseball
Biz Ag
diehard03
Quote:

And good decision to (finally) sit Schwarber. He's been really bad... Jay with the lead-off single.

It probably was just part of Joes plan to rest guys. FYI, for those not in Chicago area, Joe's on local radio every...Tuesday in noon hour of Spiegel and Parkins shows. it's usually pretty good every time. You can listen to it online, obviously.
diehard03
Don't get angry at early May baseball. Don't get angry at early May baseball. Don't get angry at early May baseball.
Mike Elko
AG
Great way to rebound from a complete debacle yesterday... Give up five in the first! F this S.
Mike Elko
AG
Like clockwork, yet another first inning run. Unreal. I guess we should be glad it was only one at this point? What a meh start to the season.
Biz Ag
AG
Rough night for the Yankees left fielder so far.

Completely misses Baez' HR and then badly misjudged Schwarber's fly ball.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Suck it, Chapman.
pasquale
AG
Hope Rizzo forearm is ok
Furlock Bones
AG
anybody else annoyed with the strike zone box constantly on? it would be a lot cooler with intermittent use. having it up for every pitch is annoying.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Schwarber with the catch of the year.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Holy ***** Wake up to see an 18 inning loss? Bad weekend.

And I'm traveling to Denver to work and plan to go see them tonight. They will be walking zombies out there.
Mike Elko
AG
Swept at home again. They just don't have it so far this season. Frustrating to watch/follow.
diehard03
Quote:

They will be walking zombies out there.

yeah, and a starter just might have to wear one. He's going 7 whether the games close or not.
diehard03
Quote:

They just don't have it so far this season. Frustrating to watch/follow.

To be fair, the weekend was basically the worst case scenario across the board and could have easily taken 2 of 3.

The frustrating thing about it was you got some breaks you needed and it still ended up bad. You got the Chapman blown save, but it's rough that you torched your bullpen to have the same result.
Know Your Enemy
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Swept at home again. They just don't have it so far this season. Frustrating to watch/follow.

Even after this they're still only a game out of first place.
AgShaun00
AG
i stayed up for that crap
Mike Elko
AG
The fact that the Cubs aren't leading the division by several games at this point is shocking. They've underperformed, period. Again, I expected a hangover, but not this far into the season. We'll see what happens the rest of this month.
Mike Elko
AG
Wow, Cubs... Wow.
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.