Cubs thread v2.0

573,334 Views | 6317 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by 10andBOUNCE
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I ****ing hate Lackey.
JuliusCaesarAggie
Junkhead said:

I ****ing hate Lackey.
Try meeting him in person. Real bundle of joy....
Mike Elko
AG
Entire team looks like poop, except maybe Lester and Almora. Not gonna win many games when your lead-off hitter has 22 Ks thru 13 games. That experiment has failed miserably. I expected a hangover, but not 6-7.
BobOliver2006
AG
yeah it may be time to see the Almora/Jay platoon leading off except that platoon still isn't even in the lineup everyday. I guess that has to work itself out sooner rather than later...
diehard03
Quote:

Not gonna win many games when your lead-off hitter has 22 Ks thru 13 games. That experiment has failed miserably.
Much too soon to tell IMO. Schwarber is going to strike out. He's also going to mash. Leading off gives him the most amount of ABs across the season to do it. He's not leading off because it's some voodoo...it's simply where the hole is if you want Schwarber/Bryant/Rizzo to have the most ABs.

Blame KB going .212 if you want to blame something. Or, more logically, blame the bullpen for a bad weekend.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Mike Elko
AG
Fair enough, but it doesn't hurt to have someone at the top to jump start the offense. I get Schwarber's a beast, but not regularly getting on base has stalled the offense early in the season. Hopefully last night gets the bats going. Bullpen seems to be figuring it out, too... Both good signs.
CubbieAggie
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Fair enough, but it doesn't hurt to have someone at the top to jump start the offense. I get Schwarber's a beast, but not regularly getting on base has stalled the offense early in the season. Hopefully last night gets the bats going. Bullpen seems to be figuring it out, too... Both good signs.
Eh, his .379 OBP is top 50 in the majors right now among qualified hitters and #2 on the Cubs. The strikeouts are definitely a concern, but I don't think he's the problem right now. With Almora's history of being a high-contact, low-OBP guy and Joe's history of having his young players bat at the end of the lineup for a while, I doubt we'd move that platoon up to the leadoff spot any time soon.

The most concerning part of the offense, in my mind, is Zobrist. The cleanup hitter can't be sitting at a .191 overall AVG and a .105 AVG with men in scoring position. He's been a rally killer all year.
Mike Elko
AG
We gotta be on pace to break the record for most homers surrendered... Already two today thru two innings.
diehard03
Not sure which way the winds blowing (and can't listen to the game), but 3 HRs in game by the 2nd inning makes me think its going out.

It's gonna be ok. You can't get this wrapped up about April baseball. You also can't expect that every April will start like 2016.
Know Your Enemy
AG
It has definitely been blowing out the last few days. Assume it is again today.
Mike Elko
AG
I know, just passing the time. Following the game online... Hendricks is off to a rough start this season. Another comeback W here would be nice!
diehard03
Joe had a good interview on 670AM this week where he was talking about Hendricks and Arrieta's velocity being down a little bit here. He's expecting them to get it up here as the season wears on.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Addison Russell with the walk off BOMB.
SRCag18
AG
Why in the world would you continue to pitch to Russell after falling down 2-0 in the count and first base open? Love the result, but the Brewers deserved to lose that one.
diehard03
Quote:

Addison Russell with the walk off BOMB.

Absolutely filthy.

1 game back of the Reds with 3 games coming between them. Let's go, Regression to the Mean!
Mike Elko
AG
Won every series this season, minus Pirates. And we should replay those three games since they had a cheater lurking.
Know Your Enemy
AG
RIZZO SMASH!!!!!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Fly the W
Mike Elko
AG
Hell yeah.
Farmer1906
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
Lackey
Mike Elko
AG
Another Lackey special. He blows.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs get 4 in the first including a 3-run HR from Heyward.
diehard03
Pirates really proving that IBBs dont have the value once thought of...
Ag_SGT
AG
I've looked forward to a game at Fenway all my life where I get to see my Cubbies. Flying up Thursday from Florida and while I while I will still love the experience, why oh why do I have to watch a Lackey pitch
diehard03
diehard03
Fan Graphs - Hendricks

Interesting view of Hendricks issues.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs win 1-0 on an unearned run.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Cubs win! Cubs win!
Mike Elko
AG
Another comeback W... Here's to hoping our starters stop giving up runs in the early innings! And that Schwarber stops striking out sooo damn much (34).
diehard03
7-3 in last 10 and it feels like they arent very good.
Know Your Enemy
AG
My how perspectives have changed.

But to be honest they're still a long way from playing their best. Which is a good thing since it's still April.
Mike Elko
AG
Most first inning runs and HRs given up. Starters need to figure their poop out.
Ag_SGT
AG
I was at the game Saturday night, hands down best sporting event I've ever been to. Wrigley has it beat for the neighborhood around it, but Fenway by a slight margin has it beat during the game inside. Awesome game
First Page Last Page
Page 125 of 181

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.