***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***

305,002 Views | 5852 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by M.C. Swag
Brother Shamus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haha fans heckling the TNT crew with Luka on.
zgolfz85
AG
Jack Ruby said:

POTD
ChoppinDs40
AG
Heckling Draymond
Jack Ruby
Post-game show: "Draymond sucks!" Chuck: go home we'll see you next year"
Guitarsoup
AG
aggiebird02
Luka just may have become my new current favorite player…
TheMasterplan
lol why is TNT showing what Luka said
investorAg83
AG
Kyrie cooking these fools with tassels on his shoes. Still can't get over that.
shack009
AG
I'll miss these TNT broadcasts. In the highlight package, they showed closeups of Luka saying "you can't effing guard me" and "go home b-"

Amazing that they did that.
shack009
AG
Kenny: "The two best closers in the league are on one team"
hph6203
AG
Guitarsoup said:

gigem1223 said:

The Ant hype was way overblown. Most overrated player I've seen in a long time. Dude has no stones.
KAT put up a 6-20 shooting in game 1 followed by a 4-16 in game 2.

His 4y221M extension kicks in next year.

He's why I said the Mavs were going to win in 5 to my friends. Felt like Edwards was hyped too early, he may get there and with KAT's inconsistency it puts too much pressure on a guy that young.
zgolfz85
AG
Kat is such a b itch, it's so funny to watch. Can't imagine being that big and being such a pushover *****
MW03
AG

shack009
AG
Imagine benching your second best player because your 6th man is having a good game.
MW03
AG
dave94
AG
What a game, what a comeback, what a shot by OUR GUY
HawthornAggie
AG
I hated on Josh Green for pretty much this whole game but he was +15 which was the highest on the team. Another reason why I'm not an NBA coach.
gigem1223
Danny Green and SVP on ESPN acting like no one would've predicted Dallas beating Minnesota. Anyone who has watched this team since the trade deadline would've. Sports analysts today are so bad.
zgolfz85
AG
HawthornAggie said:

I hated on Josh Green for pretty much this whole game but he was +15 which was the highest on the team. Another reason why I'm not an NBA coach.

He looked much more confident this game. Someone got after his ass
Grapesoda2525
hph6203 said:

Guitarsoup said:

gigem1223 said:

The Ant hype was way overblown. Most overrated player I've seen in a long time. Dude has no stones.

He's why I said the Mavs were going to win in 5 to my friends. Felt like Edwards was hyped too early, he may get there and with KAT's inconsistency it puts too much pressure on a guy that young.
Makes you wonder how this team beat the nuggets.
94chem
On the defensive end, Lively reminds me of DRob. 7-footer who can guard 1 through 5.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
shack009
AG
HawthornAggie said:

I thought he had a terrible game, but I'm not a coach nor expert basketball analyst. He did so much stupid stuff again. He did make his one wide open three and he made the steal that led to the Kyrie 3 to take the lead.

Other than that, he was a spectator while Luke and Kyrie cooked. He just happened to be on the court while other guys did nice things.
shack009
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

hph6203 said:

Guitarsoup said:

gigem1223 said:

Matchups. It was so nice for Minnesota that they could guard Jokic with a 7-footer in KAT and allow Rudy to stay around the rim and leave Gordon. They could then rotate through Ant, McDaniels, and NAW guarding Murray.

Denver doesn't have athletic rim running centers or rim protectors the way we do.
shack009
AG
94chem said:

On the defensive end, Lively reminds me of DRob. 7-footer who can guard 1 through 5.
He's had some really nice possessions guarding Ant in both these games. A couple have led to terrible passes out of bounds.

Makes me wonder if McDaniels just owns Ant in practices. Seems like he completely panics when a taller and longer guy is guarding him.
MW03
AG
Infection_Ag11
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

hph6203 said:

Guitarsoup said:

gigem1223 said:

The NBA is about matchups, more than any other American sport. Denver doesn't have any sort of post presence on defense and they don't have any guards with the distributive skills of Luka and Kyrie. Murray is a pure scorer and the offense runs through Jokic. Denver couldn't trap Minnesota's big defenders out on the perimeter against guards who could then distribute the ball to the vacated areas. Worst case scenario they had to defend Jokic down low and live with the kick outs. But Denver didn't stress their basic defensive philosophy, which is to have their wing defenders funnel everything to Gobert and KAT in the paint. Dallas essentially makes Minnesota wrong no matter what because they have two guys who can either cook them on the perimeter or lob it up to their very athletic post players (which Denver lacks).
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
shack009
AG
Also helps that Murray was dealing with a debilitating calf injury which led to some stinkers. MPJ also went in to witness protection.
aezmvp
They just watch highlights, Those guys should have been going back and watching tape but yeah, they don't. They'll watch the games they're on and they'll watch a few national games and that's about it. So everything else they know comes from stat sheets.
MW03
AG
Infection_Ag11
AG
Ultimately I think it's becoming pretty clear that OKC was a better team than Minnesota or, at the very least, a more difficult matchup for Dallas. If for no other reason than SGA is a batter pure scorer than anyone on Minnesota's roster and there is nobody in the league that can defend Luka better than Dort.

Right now the moment seems too big for ANT and Luka is getting whatever he wants
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Infection_Ag11
MW03
AG
For the record, Kidd called a perfect 4th Quarter, and a damn near perfect 2nd half. I loved his use of timeouts tonight, plus he gave Hardy Hardaways minutes. Masterclass of keeping the team in it and close, and then letting Luka and Kyrie do Luka and Kyrie things in the end.

I was chatting with my boys in a group text and somehow even down 18 I wasn't worried. This is just a baaaaaad matchup for Minnesota across the board, especially with how Lively/Gafford are playing. We aren't even shooting well. Unreal.
shack009
AG
Yeah Dort is in a tier of his own when it comes to guarding Luka. Both physically and mentally.

Shai is just such a consistent machine of a scorer that Minnesota doesn't have. JWill could guard Kyrie with max effort all game because he doesn't do as much on offense. Chet and their other guys were much better at defending the PNR than Gobert dropping himself in to oblivion every time.

They blitzed Kyrie every time and made PJ and DJJ beat them. Those guys were able to help the Mavs win.

Minnesota has to abandon the drop coverage at this point. It's their desperation card they have to play. They can't keep allowing Luka, Kyrie, and the centers to beat them. Role guys are usually better at home, so they have missed their opportunity by losing two games where PJ and DJJ had nothing going from 3.
Infection_Ag11
AG
If they blitz Luka every possession Dallas is going to have 15-20 dunks a game. I don't think they have a good answer. Like I said before the series it's a bad matchup because Luka's unique skill set really exploits big post defenders. He just renders guys like Gobert impotent.
PatAg
AG
gigem1223 said:

Danny Green and SVP on ESPN acting like no one would've predicted Dallas beating Minnesota. Anyone who has watched this team since the trade deadline would've. Sports analysts today are so bad.
national media doesnt watch enough games to have an informed opinion, yet we all still care what they think. its dumb, lol
First Page Last Page
Page 115 of 168

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.