*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

717,601 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Klaus would be awesome to get, but we can't afford him because Chris Paul
Texan_Aggie
AG
Klay to Houston would add some real gasoline on the rivalry.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yes it would, but next to impossible unless we somehow do a 3 team type trade and clear room to be able to sign him as a free agent. Or I guess he could do a sign/trade but no way Warriors would do that with Rockets.
CFTXAG10
AG
Yea, our cap situation is interesting. Apparently we are still going hard after Jimmy Butler (Next highest odds to sign him after Philly). Not sure how we could make that work without dumping some salary.
rvk246
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Yea, our cap situation is interesting. Apparently we are still going hard after Jimmy Butler (Next highest odds to sign him after Philly). Not sure how we could make that work without dumping some salary.
Did you also read that on clutchfans?
CFTXAG10
AG
rvk246 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Did you also read that on clutchfans?
Yea, Cyber is the only one I give any credit to due to his track record with moves/interest. Also saw the tweet below. I would imagine they would need to have a very solid commitment from Butler before making the moves necessary to work this out....

k20dub
AG
WES2006AG
AG
Being reported the Rockets have fired Jeff Bzdelik. That seems like an odd move.
3rdGen2015
AG
Consensus among Rockets media seems to be that it is mostly to do with his lack of commitment. They don't want him to retire in September like he did last season, they're trying to avoid uncertainty. Also will open up room on staff for a head coach in waiting type. MDA is getting up there in age.
PFG
AG
Anyone wondering if HOU would be up 3-0 right now?
Dad
AG
I know it is crazy to even think it, but the Warriors look better without Durant. Draymond Green seems like a complete stud when Durant is out and he is more involved in the offense. He is a great passer. Curry puts up 30+ a night. Klay Thompson gets more shots which opens up the chance for him to have a big night.

I'm starting to think the Rockets had a better shot with Durant in the line up. I still don't think they would have beat the Warriors but maybe they would have pushed it to 7.
PFG
AG
Agree. When Durant got hurt, the series was over. Warriors dug in and found that pre-Durant style that makes them a dynasty.
k20dub
AG
It's like it adds motivation for them when he is out. They know they can coast when they're fully healthy and then they don't always try hard and that's been the only times they lose - when they get sloppy.
dshedd41
S

Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S

Gig’em Aggies!
3rdGen2015
AG
Twitter has been going nuts lately banning users with music copyright strikes. A bunch of official teams and college accounts have been suspended in the past few days.
Texaggie7nine
Needs a baby voice filter too
7nine
Dan Scott
AG
Posting just to say F Scottie Pippen.
MicheIangeIo
AG
not only did Houston lose to GS but they also made them better by hurting KD. What a joke
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Truly the most perfect use of that filter. Cannot be topped.
WES2006AG
AG
I know it isn't much consolation but at least we didn't get swept. The Blazers should have just stayed home if that was all they were going to bring.
k20dub
AG
They will likely do the same thing to the Bucks. Maybe not a sweep but I could see 5 game series. The fact of the matter is that Houston has been the second or third best team in the NBA for about 3 years now. Sucks that it timed up with an all time great time.
WES2006AG
AG
NBA has released the All-Defensive team and PJ was nowhere to be found on the first or second team.
lil99chris
AG
...here is the list.

https://www.nba.com/2018-19-all-defensive-teams-official-release

PJ received 1 First team vote and 36 Second team votes.
3rdGen2015
AG
Harden got 2 first team votes
Hickory High
AG
WES2006AG said:

NBA has released the All-Defensive team and PJ was nowhere to be found on the first or second team.

Love PJ, I really do, but no way he's a better defender than the 4 forwards on the 1st and 2nd teams. Those dudes are phenomenal.
AG@RICE
AG
Hickory High said:

WES2006AG said:

Love PJ, I really do, but no way he's a better defender than the 4 forwards on the 1st and 2nd teams. Those dudes are phenomenal.
He was actually only 1 vote short of Leonard for the 2nd team. Lets just go ahead and call him the starting forward on the all-defensive 3rd team and call it a day.

I'd say that is probably an appropriate honor for PJ.
CFTXAG10
AG
All this KD-Broussard drama is entertaining from a standpoint that KD is helping to make Chris relevant again. I will say this though, if KD is upset about "players around the league putting an asterisk next to his titles" or "fans belittling his rings" then do something about it. Theres no way you can be that out of touch with reality, right? I seem to recall the second "My Next Chapter" was released via The Players Tribune there was a lot of discussion before he even put the uniform on that he was ring chasing. Why be upset now? If you don't like it then leave and go build something "organic" on your own
Hickory High
AG
KD is gonna hate the New York media. What a petty guy.
WES2006AG
AG
KD doesn't seem to be very self aware. If he was he would have never put on Warriors uniform.

I honestly think he figured it would just blow over and people would forget that he was a *****. Fans and the NBA media have certainly not forgotten that he single handedly made the league worse because he couldn't handle losing up 3-1 to the Warriors.

I'm looking forward to him going to NY, that franchise being a mess as always, and him never getting a ring "on his own". That would be a fitting end to a career that absolutely has an asterisk on it at this point.
lil99chris
AG
How many draft picks are the Knicks willing to give up for LeBron? Imagine a Kevin Durant/LeBron James combo for the Knicks.
WES2006AG
AG
This sounds concerning but I have to agree without CP, the lack of ball movement was a problem. James is an offensive monster but watching him pound the ball for 20 seconds before a step back can create animosity amongst the team.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837701-james-harden-chris-paul-had-verbal-exchange-after-game-6-loss-to-warriors
rvk246
AG
CP3 probably knows that he isn't a great iso player anymore and would be more effective in a motion offense. I'd honestly love if they could make tweaks to the offense in the offseason.
lil99chris
AG
How many times against Golden State did we see the Rockets have nothing offensively with less than 5 seconds on the shot clock? I understand getting the ball for James Harden to make a play, but when the only movement is Harden dribbling outside the 3 point line for 8-10 seconds, what is accomplished?
n_touch
He is not wrong though. More ball movement in any of the losses would have been better than dribble for 20 seconds and put up a long range 3 hoping for a foul.
First Page Last Page
Page 225 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.