*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

718,051 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Correct, and based on the separation of 5-8 we could still end up playing anybody out of the Jazz, Clippers, Thunder, and Spurs
WES2006AG
AG
Frok said:

Hickory High said:

The MVP award has always been a narrative award. It's never been a best player award. It's not really worth caring about either way IMO.

Agreed. Both players are having great years and you can make a case for both winning it. Maybe James NOT winning the MVP will light a fire in him for the playoffs.
The award doesn't get announced until after the Finals
AgBrother
I don't think Harden would be getting screwed if Giannis wins - it would not nearly be as bad as Westbrook two years ago. While Harden is having an unmatched statistical season - so is Giannis - no one has ever averaged 27, 12 & 6 in a season and he is going to finish in the top 3 of the defensive player of the year as well. I honestly thinks it's a toss up but as others have stated the narrative is going to lean toward Giannis with the "his turn, best player - best team". I am just excited about the team being healthy and playing really well going into the playoffs after getting off to the 11-14 start (40-14 since).
rvk246
AG
AgBrother said:

I don't think Harden would be getting screwed if Giannis wins - it would not nearly be as bad as Westbrook two years ago. While Harden is having an unmatched statistical season - so is Giannis - no one has ever averaged 27, 12 & 6 in a season and he is going to finish in the top 3 of the defensive player of the year as well. I honestly thinks it's a toss up but as others have stated the narrative is going to lean toward Giannis with the "his turn, best player - best team". I am just excited about the team being healthy and playing really well going into the playoffs after getting off to the 11-14 start (40-14 since).

I agree but I'm still pretty mad at how Westbrick won it 2 seasons ago because of his statpadding for rebounds
Farmer1906
AG
Short of Harden having a 70 point game, I think it's over.
Forum Troll
AG
Farmer1906 said:

What better time than tomorrow night? He only has to score 9 more points than his other game against the Knicks.
k20dub
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The amazing thing is, with Harden, a 70 point game is not out of the question.
AgBrother
If he scores 110 points in his last three games he will score more points in a season than everyone not named Jordan and Chamberlain.
Dan Scott
AG
Giannis going to score 100 the way philly is guarding him tonight.
Beat40
k20dub said:

Farmer1906 said:

The amazing thing is, with Harden, a 70 point game is not out of the question.

If he gets 70, it will be seen as selfish and not the right style to win a championship.
Dan Scott
AG
Giannis won the MVP tonight.
Farmer1906
AG
No, he didn't. He already won it.
Frok
AG
WES2006AG said:

Frok said:

Hickory High said:

The MVP award has always been a narrative award. It's never been a best player award. It's not really worth caring about either way IMO.

Agreed. Both players are having great years and you can make a case for both winning it. Maybe James NOT winning the MVP will light a fire in him for the playoffs.

Oh shoot, forgot they changed that.
WES2006AG
AG
Frok said:

WES2006AG said:

Frok said:

Hickory High said:

Oh shoot, forgot they changed that.
NBA figured they needed a post season fashion show disguised as an awards show
CFTXAG10
AG
Found this article interesting....

Quote:

Poll of over a dozen current players has James Harden winning MVP over Giannis in a "landslide," per Ric Bucher
Link
WES2006AG
AG
We own the Knicks
rvk246
AG
2 more to go let's finish strong
CFTXAG10
AG
Just keep winning
Aggie09Derek
AG
Legit chance could be a 3 way tie...need trailblazers to win both against Denver and then Denver win other two games.

Guess best case Portland wins both but loses to another team and Rockets get 2 seed outright.
Silent For Too Long
I'm actually glad Portland dropped one. Didn't like them tied in the loss column owning the tie breaker against us.

Now we need Portland to win the next one and the Nuggets to trip into another L.
Aggie09Derek
AG
If we win out, and Denver loses 2 of next 3....we end up tied with them right? We own that tiebreaker due to us winning 2 of 3 over them I believe.

2nd place in west if Portland & Jazz can beat them and we take care of business.
CFTXAG10
AG
We just need to take care of business against the Suns and see where things stand going into that last game against the Thunder. Interestingly enough if Portland beats Denver then the Nuggets have to play the Jazz who still have a slight chance and getting the 4 seed and home court advantage over Portland. If the Jazz and Blazers end up with the same record, they split the season series so it goes to division record since neither will actually win the division. Jazz have the advantage.

Edit to add: We play our last game Tuesday against the Thunder. Tip time is 30 minutes after tipoff between the Nuggets and Jazz.

Still plenty of scenarios on the table.

rvk246
AG
If we don't beat OKC we might end up having to play them in the first round. We have to win that game.
AG@RICE
AG
rvk246 said:

If we don't beat OKC we might end up having to play them in the first round. We have to win that game.
On the flip side, beating them might ensure you play them in the first round if we end up 2/7.

Just win and don't worry about opponents.
3rdGen2015
AG
I mean, opponent matters, but avoiding Golden State for as long as possible matters more
Silent For Too Long
3rdGen2015 said:

I mean, opponent matters, but avoiding Golden State for as long as possible matters more

This.

That's why the blazers grabbing an L was big. Ultimately 2 and 3 and the corresponding first round matchup won't make a huge difference. All teams the Rockets should beat but all upset capable if they are off.
k20dub
AG
Well this makes things interesting

rvk246
AG
I don't blame them. If we meet them in the playoffs it might be a sweep.
Ags #1
AG
So the nuggets would rather face the warriors?
Ags #1
AG
I get it now. They want the blazers to catch us
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Ags #1 said:

So the nuggets would rather face the warriors?

No. They want to stay in 2nd and have us fall to 4th.
04.arch.ag
AG
If they wanted the blazers to catch the rockets then they should not have beat them a few days ago. Rockets aren't losing to the suns and a .500 over the last month thunder team
Bonfired
AG
Hopefully the guys aren't napping on Phoenix. I remember 1993.

Next to last game of the regular season, and the Rockets are playing the Mavericks, who I believe were 9-71. They were headed toward matching the 9-73 76ers mark for worst season ever.

Anyway, game is at the Summit, and the Rockets lose...they finish the season tied with Seattle for #2 seed, Seattle wins the tiebreaker and has home court when the Rockets play them in the West semis...Seattle wins in 7, with Game 7 going to OT.

Better days were ahead, but that one stung...if they're at home in Game 7, maybe the outcome is different. Home team won all 7 games in that series.

All that to say, beat ****ty teams and don't coast.
AG@RICE
AG
The nuggets are playing with fire. They still have to play at Utah who are the only team hotter than the Rockets and, with a POR loss, would have a shot at the 4 instead of the 5!

If DEN loses to Portland and Utah, we could easily get the #2. That means we would still get to be in their bracket AND they lose home court advantage in the second round.
rvk246
AG
We're going to beat them with or without home court. They'd rather take this risk and face an injured Portland team in case we lose to OKC on Tuesday.
First Page Last Page
Page 99 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.