*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

710,190 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That seems doable, especially since we have the tiebreaker with Denver.
k20dub
AG
2 seed would be huge
Dan Scott
AG
Harden back at #1 for PER.
WES2006AG
AG
Dan Scott said:

But he throws his head back too much, but he pushes off too much, but he gets too many free points off of phantom fouls, but his game isn't fun to watch, but his defense is so bad

/morons from the NBA board on Texags who start monthly threads hating James' game
AgBrother
Rockets win out worst they finish is 3rd with a good chance at 2nd - big game tonight. Two home games should be wins and OKC has not been playing well.
rvk246
AG
WES2006AG said:

Dan Scott said:

But he throws his head back too much, but he pushes off too much, but he gets too many free points off of phantom fouls, but his game isn't fun to watch, but his defense is so bad

/morons from the NBA board on Texags who start monthly threads hating James' game

This is why I really want to beat the spurns this postseason. Their spoiled crybaby fans deserve an asskicking of a lifetime.
Bonfired
AG
Here's a quirk of NBA scheduling...last time we played the Clippers, Carmelo Anthony was our leading scorer and Michael Carter-Williams played 22 minutes.

That was October 26, and we got creamed by 20.

Hopefully we've got enough in the tank to get this one...no one played real heavy minutes last night.
WES2006AG
AG
CP with a 3/4 court shot to end the 3rd
Silent For Too Long
WES2006AG said:

CP with a 3/4 court shot to end the 3rd

.7 tics left. Hell of a shot.
3rdGen2015
AG
CP is just doing some wild things tonight. He also nutmegged a dude.
Dan Scott
AG
Complete domination
3rdGen2015
AG
Feels like we haven't been able to do this very much this season. I don't think it got any closer than 15 in the second half.
WES2006AG
AG
Always nice to put a beat down on one of the LA teams
3rdGen2015
AG
EZ
Hickory High
AG
Dunno if anyone else had to listen to the Clippers' broadcast crew for this game on NBA League Pass, but the Clippers' color commentator guy is the most obnoxious dumbass of a basketball analyst that I've ever heard. And I don't normally care about that kind of stuff with announcers.

He spent literally the entire 4th quarter regurgitating the same old bull****, basic-ass takes that people with half a brain spit out. "James Harden manipulates the game" or "This kind of basketball can't win a championship" or "This kind of basketball (free throws and threes) is so hard to watch". I couldn't believe how long he ranted his salty ass about it.
WES2006AG
AG
Hickory High said:

Dunno if anyone else had to listen to the Clippers' broadcast crew for this game on NBA League Pass, but the Clippers' color commentator guy is the most obnoxious dumbass of a basketball analyst that I've ever heard. And I don't normally care about that kind of stuff with announcers.

He spent literally the entire 4th quarter regurgitating the same old bull****, basic-ass takes that people with half a brain spit out. "James Harden manipulates the game" or "This kind of basketball can't win a championship" or "This kind of basketball (free throws and threes) is so hard to watch". I couldn't believe how long he ranted his salty ass about it.

Nope, Ackerman and Bullard were fantastic as always on AT&T
rvk246
AG
18 wins out of our last 21 games
AG@RICE
AG
Hickory High said:

All of the local crews are extreme homers. If James Harden played for an opposing team you would hear Bill Worrell say the same...
Harry Dunne
Hickory High said:

I listened to it - and in addition to what you wrote above, Don McLean said Harden "cheats the game" with the way he plays...which is pretty rich for a guy who got suspended by the NBA for using steroids.

Need to win a championship and shut these clowns up.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Harry Dunne
The only thing that McLean is right about is that no one else could do this. That's why he's the MVP.

As far as the system being built for Harden, maybe McLean was too busy jabbing syringes in his ass to notice that previously, Steve Nash had some success in it as well.
Forum Troll
AG
Everyone preparing themselves for Harden to get screwed out of MVP once again?
CFTXAG10
AG
You know who claims that others are cheating? Losers.
dbryanc87
Forum Troll said:

I watch PTI most days. Even before the Giannis vs Harden game Frank Isola was declaring Giannis MVP and Wilbon somewhat agreed with him.

Even though I'm prepared it pisses me off. Harden didn't win it 2 years ago bc of the gaudy stats put up by Westbrook. Now Harden is putting up gaudy numbers (a necessity to keep his team going due to injuries throughout the year), but now it doesn't matter bc he's being selfish? WTF, watch the games!

Rant over.
WES2006AG
AG
Forum Troll said:

This is going to happen. The NBA community thinks it's Gianis' "turn"
Hickory High
AG
Harry Dunne said:

The only thing that McLean is right about is that no one else could do this. That's why he's the MVP.

As far as the system being built for Harden, maybe McLean was too busy jabbing syringes in his ass to notice that previously, Steve Nash had some success in it as well.

Honestly made me lol
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Here's an MVP "debate" article on ESPN's front page and all five of the panelists say Giannis will win.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26415151/nba-mvp-debate-how-decide-giannis-harden
Hickory High
AG
The MVP award has always been a narrative award. It's never been a best player award. It's not really worth caring about either way IMO.
CFTXAG10
AG
My issue with the MVP award is that the criteria has been a mystery for some time now. It seems more like a popularity contest than an actual award for regular season achievement. Just two years ago stats meant everything when Russ became one of only two players in history to win the award on a sub-50 win team. Now Harden takes his stab at it with gaudy statistics we have never seen before and carrying the team on his back through CP3's injury, Capela's injury, House not getting re-signed, and adding Rivers, Shumpert, and Faried.

Because of Harden we are fighting to the finish for the 2 seed out West instead of 7/8 or missing the playoffs altogether. Giannis is having a really good season on the team with the best record in the NBA, but he is doing it with a deep team that hasn't dealt with the same level of injuries and mid-season roster turnover.

Should Giannis get it because it is his "turn"? Because we already gave Harden an MVP since we screwed him on the last one? Because there is no criteria and we can do whatever the hell we want?

Who knows what will happen, and I will be the first to admit bias, but James Harden is the MVP.
Farmer1906
AG
Odds are showing its Greek Freak, not James. Don't be surprised when he doesn't win it. Wilt didn't win it in 62 when he averaged 50 points and 25 boards.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Hickory High said:

The MVP award has always been a narrative award. It's never been a best player award. It's not really worth caring about either way IMO.
Doesn't James Harden have the better narrative? 2nd to last place in the standings, everyone gets hurt, he goes historically nuclear for two months, and now near the top of the standings on one of the hottest teams in the league?

Giannis' narrative is...he's the best player on the team with the league's best record?
k20dub
AG
Finishing with the 2 seed would do a lot for Harden's MVP case.
CFTXAG10
AG
Denver hosts Portland Friday, then flies out to Portland on Sunday. Probably need them to split since Portland owns the tiebreaker over us. Then hope Denver loses one of its last two to Utah or Minnesota.

In their prior 2 meetings Portland lost by 1 in November and 3 in January.
RebAg13
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Denver hosts Portland Friday, then flies out to Portland on Sunday. Probably need them to split since Portland owns the tiebreaker over us. Then hope Denver loses one of its last two to Utah or Minnesota.

We win the three way tie. Only lose a tiebreaker if we are tied only with Portland
Frok
AG
Hickory High said:

Agreed. Both players are having great years and you can make a case for both winning it. Maybe James NOT winning the MVP will light a fire in him for the playoffs.
First Page Last Page
Page 98 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.