*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

715,578 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MVP
Hickory High
AG
He got fouled on that three as well
3rdGen2015
AG
I don't know if my heart can take watching this team in the playoffs
RebAg13
AG
MVP.. give it to him. Again.
WES2006AG
AG
Charge
Dan Scott
AG
pJ never gets the charge call
3rdGen2015
AG
BS block call
Dan Scott
AG
We're going to be tied for 3 seed in West after tonight
canadiaggie
AG
Big 4th Q
3rdGen2015
AG
Rockets win, Blazers and Thunder lose. Three way tie for the three seed. Let's go!!
TXAG14
Gerald.
Silent For Too Long
Very big 4th quarter. Just keep winning baby.
rvk246
AG
And just like that we're tied for the 3 seed
CFTXAG10
AG
Not happy about the blowing the lead but that's a really nice win against a good home team
WES2006AG
AG
Dominant game if you forget about that 3rd quarter
AgDoc03
AG
Huge response in 4th quarter!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
k20dub
AG
HUGE win! The Raptors were 27-6 at home. This team is playing their best basketball of the season.
Frok
AG
I was really close to posting some whiny comments after the 3rd quarter. Glad I refrained. 4th quarter was awesome.
Poot
The really eye opening part about this Rockets season has been their ability to beat a couple of the truly ELITE of the NBA in their own arenas... Golden State (twice, right? and the most recent without Harden) and now Toronto. While they're wildly inconsistent, their "good" can beat anybody, anywhere.

I know Faried and Shumpert aren't world beaters, but this team will be suddenly deep when they get back in the rotation. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tucker's minutes drop dramatically for a week or two prior to the playoffs so that he can catch a breath, so maybe the depth won't be as evident until playoff time.

And that would be just fine and dandy with me...
WES2006AG
AG
It's amazing what beating a few good teams in a row on the road does for your outlook. This team seems to be gearing up for a run and I'm excited.
AgDoc03
AG
Get Faried and Shumpert back and it helps our depth a lot too.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Old Wooden Ship
AG
Hardens floater has been borderline unguardable recently
WES2006AG
AG
AgDoc03 said:

Get Faried and Shumpert back and it helps our depth a lot too.
Matt Thomas was saying in the radio pregame last night that neither guy is far away. Even made the point that it if it was a must win they probably would have gone last night.
CFTXAG10
AG
Even when times were rough early this season Paul/Harden/Dantoni kept saying as long as we can get healthy down the stretch we will be a contender. I didn't hear Pringles interview last night after the game but I know Paul and Harden alluded to this immediately after the win over the Raptors.

We just look like a completely different ball club lately with our main players back at "full" strength, and finally able to get in a rhythm with one another.

I hope we get greedy and chase after the 2 seed in the West
k20dub
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
PJ Tucker is a damn bulldog. I knew he defended Kawhi pretty well last night, but didn't know it was this good. I saw plenty times a screen being set on Tuck to switch Capela on Kawhi.

Hickory High
AG
I appreciate that TNT is trying to do different stuff with the Player's Only broadcasts, but last night Grant Hill said, "Faried is out with an illness, er, a hip pointer injury," and he never clarified which one it is. Now I don't know how concerned to be. One is clearly worse than the other.
3rdGen2015
AG
Poot said:

The really eye opening part about this Rockets season has been their ability to beat a couple of the truly ELITE of the NBA in their own arenas... Golden State (twice, right? and the most recent without Harden) and now Toronto. While they're wildly inconsistent, their "good" can beat anybody, anywhere.

I know Faried and Shumpert aren't world beaters, but this team will be suddenly deep when they get back in the rotation. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tucker's minutes drop dramatically for a week or two prior to the playoffs so that he can catch a breath, so maybe the depth won't be as evident until playoff time.

And that would be just fine and dandy with me...
This is a list of the Rockets' records this season against the top teams in both conferences:

Warriors: 3-0 (1 game remaining on 3/13)
Nuggets: 2-1 (1 game remaining on 3/28)
Thunder: 1-2 (1 game remaining on 4/9)
Blazers: 1-2 (series finished)
Jazz: 2-2 (series finished)

Bucks: 0-1 (1 game remaining on 3/26)
Raptors: 2-0 (series finished)
76ers: 0-1 (1 game remaining on 3/8)
Celtics: 2-0 (series finished)
Pacers: 2-0 (series finished)

15-9 vs the 5 best teams in each conference is pretty good
3rdGen2015
AG
Hickory High said:

I appreciate that TNT is trying to do different stuff with the Player's Only broadcasts, but last night Grant Hill said, "Faried is out with an illness, er, a hip pointer injury," and he never clarified which one it is. Now I don't know how concerned to be. One is clearly worse than the other.
Faried has been on the injury report the last few days with a Left Hip Contusion.

The teams are required to put out official injury reports before each game, but the format is weird. This is the one from last night. Grant Hill was likely just reading it left to right and didn't think about what he said before he said it.
WES2006AG
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

PJ Tucker is a damn bulldog. I knew he defended Kawhi pretty well last night, but didn't know it was this good. I saw plenty times a screen being set on Tuck to switch Capela on Kawhi.

Kawahi seemed uninterested last night. Maybe he does just want to play Fortnite and doesn't care much about basketball anymore.
Hickory High
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I just did a little bit of digging through his archives on Basketball Reference. Since PJ returned from playing overseas in 2012 up to today, there have been 555 NBA games that PJ could have played in. Of those 555, he has played in 547 of them, with each of the 8 missed games being due to suspension rather than injury.

PJ Tucker has played in 98.6% of games in his career with no injuries.

NINETY-EIGHT POINT SIX PERCENT.

That's not absurd, that's ****ING absurd.
AgDoc03
AG
Hickory High said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I just did a little bit of digging through his archives on Basketball Reference. Since PJ returned from playing overseas in 2012 up to today, there have been 555 NBA games that PJ could have played in. Of those 555, he has played in 547 of them, with each of the 8 missed games being due to suspension rather than injury.

PJ Tucker has played in 98.6% of games in his career with no injuries.

NINETY-EIGHT POINT SIX PERCENT.

That's not absurd, that's ****ING absurd.

Way to jinx him!
AgDoc03
AG
Hickory High said:

I very much dislike the players only broadcasts. I can see where the idea was thought to be good, but there was zero excitement or personality between the 3 last night.
rvk246
AG
WES2006AG said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Kawahi seemed uninterested last night. Maybe he does just want to play Fortnite and doesn't care much about basketball anymore.

WES2006AG
AG
You guys weren't watching Ackerman and Bullard on AT&T? That seems like your first problem.

Players only broadcasts are generally unwatchable with the sound on.
First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.