*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

717,866 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
3rdGen2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
**** Scott Foster and this crew. How many times have CP3 AND Harden fouled out in their career? What is the likelihood of them both fouling out in the same game?
WES2006AG
AG
Of course the only part of that game I get to watch is the collapse
Beat40
Such a frustraring game.
3rdGen2015
AG
But besides the refs, we lost this game. Too many missed wide open threes and bad defense. I hope this team can turn it on in the playoffs because we aren't getting home court advantage past the first round (if we even get it in the first round)
Hickory High
AG
Shumpert out for Saturday's game too. I don't think we'll ever be fully healthy this year.
The D
AG
Good lord guys settle down please. We just got most our players back. Yes bad loss with the lead. But this was off a week break away from home with terrible calls in the 4th. Nba wants lebron in the playoffs.

I wouldn't be shocked to to see some 10-1 or 13-2 type or run coming up soon
Ags #1
AG
And blew a 26 point lead to the thunder.
Hickory High
AG
The D said:

Good lord guys settle down please. We just got most our players back. Yes bad loss with the lead. But this was off a week break away from home with terrible calls in the 4th. Nba wants lebron in the playoffs.

I wouldn't be shocked to to see some 10-1 or 13-2 type or run coming up soon

Those excuses are a huuuuge stretch. There's no good reason for this loss.
Faustus
rvk246 said:

Lol at anyone thinking this team is a contender. This team is a joke and is 100% going to lose in the first round. Zero heart, zero effort, awful shooting, awful coaching.
Solid fans though.

I thought Capela had pretty good form and energy his first game back, and Paul had one of his best games since returning too. The scoring was encouraging.

Green crapping the bed and Harden's fade combined with 8 TOs were too much. The huge comeback losses are galling, but I like our odds in the first round.

I also liked how Fareed didn't disappear once he wasn't starting and Capela was back.
Ags #1
AG
Why not play the faired and capelaa lineup more?
Hickory High
AG

****ing infuriating
Faustus
3rdGen2015 said:

Not going to put the whole thing here, but this Twitter thread is good re: House and ducking the Luxury Tax this season. There are a total of 12 tweets in the thread.

The series of tweets were educational and make sense.

I will be curious to see if we actually spend the next three seasons in the luxury tax, of if Morey is required to play Twister to keep the bill down. As the tweets state it may be unavoidable without adding much of note based 3-4 current contracts, so it's not even a matter of spending like the wealthy teams but rather trying to mitigate future tax bills by staying under this season.

The big take away from the tweets is that House can join 3/23 after the G League season ends on his two way K, and just before the playoffs the team has to sign him as a regular, which means he'd be a free agent after this season.

He's betting on himself as far as the next contract, and the Rockets don't start the clock on the repeater tax penalty by staying under this season.

Both sides win, House by making more next year on a FA contract rather than being locked up at league minimum for several years, and the Rockets by saving more (in staying below the cap and not starting the clock on a repeater luxury tax penalty) at the expense of the team being (a little) better now,
canadiaggie
AG
House has a lot more work out there than Gary Clark's 3 weeks
Dan Scott
AG
The guys really don't like Scott Foster.

Read that we're 0-14 in the last 14 games he reffed.
Dan Scott
AG
Game 7 still pissed me off. **** him
Dan Scott
AG
WES2006AG
AG
We should all prepare ourselves. The NBA will throw Scott Foster at us a ton down the stretch and in the playoffs because they want to avoid any perception of bias.

They will surely punish us for CP and James saying mean things about this guy.
Gigem Trevas
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/atgi3e/scott_foster_vs_rockets_201719/
COAg15
AG
No they aren't. I
k20dub
AG
rvk246 said:

Lol at anyone thinking this team is a contender. This team is a joke and is 100% going to lose in the first round. Zero heart, zero effort, awful shooting, awful coaching.
$100 says we get out of the first round.
Hickory High
AG
k20dub said:

rvk246 said:

I want in on that bet as well. We're fully capable of putting together 4 good games against the Blazers.
CFTXAG10
AG
Last night was also the first game in how long that we have had Paul, Capela, and Harden on the floor at the same time? Not making excuses. The collapses need to be addressed by the players and Dantoni, but this team hasn't even sniffed what it could be like with a full complement of players. Hell, Faried was out there running the 4 with Capela at the 5, ever seen it? Nope, just Dantoni trying to see what he has. This is a good team but they just have to iron out some of these issues to get back to challenging the Warriors.
WES2006AG
AG
rvk246 said:

I am usually on board for a good meltdown myself and I admittedly didn't catch a lot of last nights game but I think we need to pump the brakes a little bit.

This team is flawed and probably not going to win a championship this year but that doesn't mean we can't have a successful run in the playoffs.

It is tough to have a championship or bust mentality with the Warriors in the league anyways.
rvk246
AG
k20dub said:

rvk246 said:

How can you say that with certainty? This team has choked away 20 point leads like it's a ****ing routine night in and night out. You cannot afford to do that in the playoffs especially without home court advantage.
Texaggie7nine
Bet him and find out
7nine
mAgnoliAg
AG
rvk246 said:

k20dub said:

rvk246 said:

How can you say that with certainty? This team has choked away 20 point leads like it's a ****ing routine night in and night out. You cannot afford to do that in the playoffs especially without home court advantage.

He's not saying it with a certainty. That's why it's a straight up bet.
rvk246
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Bet him and find out

Lol I don't even earn yet I don't have $100
Texaggie7nine
Your a current student?

How bout bet against his $100 with your labor to set up and tear down his tailgate for him for a football game.
7nine
Hickory High
AG
WES2006AG said:

rvk246 said:

I am usually on board for a good meltdown myself and I admittedly didn't catch a lot of last nights game but I think we need to pump the brakes a little bit.

This team is flawed and probably not going to win a championship this year but that doesn't mean we can't have a successful run in the playoffs.

It is tough to have a championship or bust mentality with the Warriors in the league anyways.
I agree. I think it's perfectly acceptable to say that Scott Foster and team health were major reasons for the loss last night while also saying that the poor effort and performance were also major reasons. Both can be true.
rvk246
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Your a current student?

How bout bet against his $100 with your labor to set up and tear down his tailgate for him for a football game.

I'd rather be wrong and make it past the first round. I'm just really tired of harden getting trashed and blamed when he's been the only positive thing about this team. Not to mention that football isn't around in the spring so there's nothing that can distract me from the rockets choking these games away. I really miss last year's rockets.
WES2006AG
AG
rvk246 said:

I really miss last year's rockets.
Absolutely, that team was a blast to watch
k20dub
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Your a current student?

Hickory High
AG

I never thought I'd like Austin Rivers, now I do. Now I find myself...liking Matt Barnes? The hell's goin on this season
3rdGen2015
AG
Sounds like Harden might be out tonight because of a neck issue
mAgnoliAg
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

Sounds like Harden might be out tonight because of a neck issue
First Page Last Page
Page 74 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.