*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

717,859 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
gordo97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's nobody on this team that can stop Plumlee.... plumlee!!!! That is disgusting
tremble
AG
Travel as ****
Ags #1
AG
So Many open 3 looks and Rivers ennis and tucker can't hit ****
Ags #1
AG
I know we don't have capela but when does our defensive guru start earning his paycheck? Or is capela that vital to his defensive strategy? And tbis is what we are going to get until Clint comes back
CFTXAG10
AG
Ags #1 said:

I'm getting more concerned about this. The defense will get better if Paul stays healthy and Capela comes back, but we have a supporting cast full of inconsistent shooters who aren't worth much on the court if they aren't hitting wide open shots. It drives me crazy to see Harden getting double teamed only to kick it to a wide open guy on the three and just nothing but bricks for days
gordo97
AG
This defense is trash.... one player (Capela) can't be the only reason for this garbage
mAgnoliAg
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Ags #1 said:

I'm getting more concerned about this. The defense will get better if Paul stays healthy and Capela comes back, but we have a supporting cast full of inconsistent shooters who aren't worth much on the court if they aren't hitting wide open shots. It drives me crazy to see Harden getting double teamed only to kick it to a wide open guy on the three and just nothing but bricks for days
Hickory High
AG
gordo97 said:

This defense is trash.... one player (Capela) can't be the only reason for this garbage
80% of it: Capela being out
15% of it: Chris Paul getting a max contract that prevented us from signing anyone else
5% of it: Us starting out slow on defense in games
3rdGen2015
AG
Hickory High said:

gordo97 said:

80% of it: Capela being out
15% of it: Chris Paul getting a max contract that prevented us from signing anyone else
5% of it: Us starting out slow on defense in games

Didn't we sign CP3 with Bird Rights? If I remember right, we couldn't have used that money to sign anybody else, it just would have made it so we aren't in the tax.
Hickory High
AG
You're right, but money is money. See here:

Quote:

So in essence, while letting Paul walk would not have dropped the Rockets below the cap, it could have given them more flexibility in terms of shaping their team above the tax line. The penalties would not have compounded as severely without that extra $40 million hole.
Old Wooden Ship
AG
We sucked ass tonight
Texas A&M
They're getting dangerously close to the 8th/9th spots. They're missing Capela much more than they missed Paul.
shano0603
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Making move for Deandre?
Dan Scott
AG
I hate when we take out Harden after he's on fire in the 1st quarter. Just keep milking it. It hurt us last night.
rvk246
AG
Wow this is a pretty great win
canadiaggie
AG
Great win but the last few minutes have been unwatchable, just non stop fouling
MrAbyss
Fairly sure Harden sold his soul to the devil
http://fav.me/d8rz3vv
3rdGen2015
AG
Nice to see Green and Rivers have nice games again
Texaggie7nine
WES2006AG
AG
Much better defense tonight
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
rvk246
AG
Bulldog73
AG
Troll level: Master
WES2006AG
AG
The Rockets are apparently one of several teams interested in Wesley Matthews.
Dan Scott
AG
Would be a huge upgrade over Gary Clark. Is that why we sent him back down?
k20dub
AG
Trade deadline is Thursday at 2 PM Central.

Should be an interesting few days...
Hickory High
AG

I hope it's actually because we're shopping him...
WES2006AG
AG
I wouldn't count on that. He was grimacing quite a bit at the end of the Jazz game.

Also, did EG **** your girl? You just really seem to want that guy gone.
3rdGen2015
rvk246
AG
I don't get the hate for Gordon. He's very inconsistent but he's a good finisher at the rim, good at drawing fouls, and he's hit several clutch shots over the last two years for us.
WES2006AG
AG
http://bleacherreport.com/post/houston-rockets/fe6629dd-b2d1-4e59-a40c-79568f52c870

Kobe sounds like a little ***** here. Guess he needed some attention.

Texaggie7nine
Have to say I kind of agree with him. As we are playing now, we really have no one else to lean on. If CP3 can get back to that level like we saw some of last year, then we have a chance, but we really need another player that can take over a game.
7nine
M.C. Swag
AG
WES2006AG said:

http://bleacherreport.com/post/houston-rockets/fe6629dd-b2d1-4e59-a40c-79568f52c870

I guess you didn't actually listen or watch the interview but just read the click bait headline. Kobe was very complimentary of Harden and said he's doing everything necessary to keep the team afloat. He said Harden can't keep doing this to a championship but he wont have to once Paul is 100%. Further he goes on to say this:'

Quote:

I think what James Harden is doing is absolutely brilliant. The true marker of brilliance is when people get tired talking about how brilliant it is and actually try to minimize it.
WES2006AG
AG
I agree that James can't carry the type of load he has nor continue to play the minutes he has and expect a whole lot of playoff success.

Kobe's comment about James dominating the ball just seemed pretty rich from a guy that averaged 20 shots a game for his career.
WES2006AG
AG
M.C. Swag said:

WES2006AG said:

I guess you didn't actually listen or watch the interview but just read the click bait headline. Kobe was very complimentary of Harden and said he's doing everything necessary to keep the team afloat. He said Harden can't keep doing this to a championship but he wont have to once Paul is 100%. Further he goes on to say this:'

Quote:

I think what James Harden is doing is absolutely brilliant. The true marker of brilliance is when people get tired talking about how brilliant it is and actually try to minimize it.

I watched the clip but I guess mine cut off early because I didn't hear that last quote. Kobe was complementary but the whole thing just kinda seemed like a dig coming from a guy that dominated the ball a lot in his career.
First Page Last Page
Page 61 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.