*****OFFICIAL 2018-2019 Houston Rockets*****

715,549 Views | 9025 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rvk246
rsf0626
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've watched DJ a bunch and he's a great dunk and rebound guy, but doesnt do much else. He's a lazy defender. Sometimes puts zero effort on that side of the floor.
rsf0626
Hickory High
AG
Would love to have Deandre. He's definitely better than anything we've got now with Clint out.
WES2006AG
AG
Deandre is making $23 mill. Could we absorb that kind of contract?
rvk246
AG
Yeah well Faried was making $15 mil before his buyout. Deandre and Wes Matthews are also likely getting bought out and I'd love them both for minimum deals.
Bulldog73
AG
If he were to be waived, wouldn't the Knicks be on the hook for his contract? Meaning he could be picked up for minimum, right or am I crazy?
Texan_Aggie
AG
Believe so. Same situation as Melo, I believe.
3rdGen2015
AG
That sounds right, but we all know how convoluted the NBA salary rules are.

An interesting thing to watch: the Rockets currently have 1 open roster spot due to the Melo not being able to be traded on MLK Day / having to drop Nunnally thing. If a guy like Knight or Chriss is moved this week it could signal that Morey has interest in both DJ and Wes (assuming they get bought out / waived / whatever).
AG@RICE
AG
DJ is a cruddy defender, not interested.

I'd love Wes on a buyout deal though.
COAg15
AG
Mavs fan here.. Either DAJ or Wes would be great pickups for y'all. DAJ is an automatic double double, but does lack a lot of effort on defense. Pretty much the only times he was a force on defense was against the clippers or blake griffin.

Wes would be a great 3 and D player for you and that's exactly what you need with a depleted roster.

Best of luck.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Wesley Matthews sucks.
rvk246
AG
COAg15 said:

Mavs fan here.. Either DAJ or Wes would be great pickups for y'all. DAJ is an automatic double double, but does lack a lot of effort on defense. Pretty much the only times he was a force on defense was against the clippers or blake griffin.

Wes would be a great 3 and D player for you and that's exactly what you need with a depleted roster.

Best of luck.

Out of curiosity, is Deandre capable of playing defense or has he lost the physical tools? Asking because right now our current healthy bigs aren't even capable of protecting the rim.
canadiaggie
AG
We don't need DJ to be our saviour, we just need him to fill in for Capela and then when Capela comes back, he can play rotational minutes at backup 5 with Manimal depending on whether we want to go small ball or keep a big on the court
lil99chris
AG
I imagine we might see some action with Knight, Chriss, and Ennis in the near future.
Hickory High
AG
We badly need DJ...for the next 4-6 weeks.
AG@RICE
AG
canadiaggie said:

We don't need DJ to be our saviour, we just need him to fill in for Capela and then when Capela comes back, he can play rotational minutes at backup 5 with Manimal depending on whether we want to go small ball or keep a big on the court
I don't think DJ is wired to be a rotational player. He believes he is a star....
COAg15
AG
He can play defense. However, there were plenty of moments where he'd just freeze as a opponent streaked in the lane and scored. Idk if it was conserving energy for offense or what, but it was truly frustrating at times.
bearkatag15
AG
Hickory High
AG
I feel like Morris always kills us
Hickory High
AG
Beasley, too
bearkatag15
Hickory High
AG
Nuggets young guys are so damn impressive to me, every time we play them. They're hitting all kinds of contested midrange jumpers.
Aggie1199
Isn't me or is Rivers always fading away when he shoots ?
bearkatag15
AG
This might get ugly
Hickory High
AG
PJ has regressed real hard on offense
Hickory High
AG
Jesus ****ing Christ, they're not going to miss
dshedd41
S
Holy s***balls
Gig’em Aggies!
mAgnoliAg
AG
83 points in a half
WES2006AG
bearkatag15
AG
Need a legit center until Capela gets back... Job requirements must read "minimum 6ft 11in or taller"
rvk246
AG
If this defense stays horrible throughout the rest of the season and playoffs I wonder if Morey will consider a coaching change
Hickory High
AG
rvk246 said:

If this defense stays horrible throughout the rest of the season and playoffs I wonder if Morey will consider a coaching change

Absolutely not. Just....no.
rvk246
AG
Why not? Is this wet toilet paper defense acceptable to you in any way?
bearkatag15
AG
Well Gordon is broken again... ****
gordo97
AG
These idiots suck
Hickory High
AG
rvk246 said:

Why not? Is this wet toilet paper defense acceptable to you in any way?

Take a look at the roster without Capela and tell me how exactly Coach Pringles is supposed to stop anyone with it.
First Page Last Page
Page 60 of 258

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.